Now 0!!! days and counting....(YAY! THE DAY HAS ARRIVED!!!)

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Isiolith
Cool Stranger

Postby Isiolith » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:27 pm

I snagged the only copy my local Best Buy had -- I don't know if that means they only ordered one or people got there before me and bought the others, but hey, I got mine! :-)

Edit: I also got the two acoustic versions that Amazon and iTunes are offering ("Antebellum" and "White Light"); both are quite nice and add new dimensions to the songs that aren't there with the original backing. I think I might like the acoustic version of "White Light" more than the original, as the instrumental there kind of drowns Vienna out.
Last edited by Isiolith on Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

connor35
Cool Stranger

Postby connor35 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:28 pm

cmooreNC wrote::D :D :D :D :D 1 :D :D :D :D :D

I preorded through this website. No word on mine being shipped yet, though. Oh how I truly hope there will be a package in my mailbox when I get home today.....

I ordered from this website, too, and mine did not arrive today.

I'm a bit disappointed since I have a car trip to make tonight and was counting on listening to it over and over during the drive.

Amazon almost always delivers on release day. Perhaps I should've gone there. But I thought maybe Vienna would prefer the vendor her website links too.

Oh well. More to look forward to tomorrow.

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Postby Reileen » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:17 pm

Isiolith wrote:Edit: I also got the two acoustic versions that Amazon and iTunes are offering ("Antebellum" and "White Light"); both are quite nice and add new dimensions to the songs that aren't there with the original backing. I think I might like the acoustic version of "White Light" more than the original, as the instrumental there kind of drowns Vienna out.

OOOOOHHHH. I think I need to check these out.
"You've made us swear our souls to you
And blamed us for your poisoned grace."

Reileen van Kaile
http://www.voxgraphicastudio.com

murlough23
Warm Stranger

Postby murlough23 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:31 pm

So what brick-and-mortar stores actually carry this album? My local Best Buys don't have it. I used to get her albums at Tower, but they went out of business (not surprisingly - who in their right mind charges list price for music and hopes to stay in the black?) I already have the mp3s, but would like to make it "legal" and would like to not have to wait for a mail order to make that happen.

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:34 pm

murlough23 wrote:So what brick-and-mortar stores actually carry this album? My local Best Buys don't have it. I used to get her albums at Tower, but they went out of business (not surprisingly - who in their right mind charges list price for music and hopes to stay in the black?) I already have the mp3s, but would like to make it "legal" and would like to not have to wait for a mail order to make that happen.

I don't think any music store carries artists like Vienna consistently. I often see her at Barnes and Nobles Music and occasionally at Target, if that helps.

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:34 pm

Borders usually has it.

murlough23
Warm Stranger

Postby murlough23 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:35 pm

roofboy179 wrote:I don't think any music store carries artists like Vienna consistently. I often see her at Barnes and Nobles Music and occasionally at Target, if that helps.

I have all three of those within striking distance. I'll try Tar-J first. Thanks.

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:39 am

I do remember shortly after DTTN came out, I could consistently find copies at Borders. Everywhere else was none or very rare as far as "in stock" copies.

I, too, did not receive my copies of IT today. Very disappointing. I notice today on the merch page that it says preordered copies will ship "on or near the release date of April 7th." I wish I had noticed that orginally. Price here was $1 higher than through Amazon and I'm not sure my order has even shipped yet! ~sigh~ Rather frustrating! :cry:
Chris

murlough23
Warm Stranger

Postby murlough23 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:00 am

My local Borders is out. Targ-J, Best Buy and B&N haven't even heard of the thing. Guess I have no choice but to order online.

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:04 am

I walked into Barnes and Nobles, only to find No Gringo playing over the speakers. I went up to the lady at the music section, pointed to the ceiling, and said "I want this."

x] It's really an amazing CD. All her albums should be Re-pak

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:26 am

roofboy179 wrote:I walked into Barnes and Nobles, only to find No Gringo playing over the speakers.

That's really cool. I think I may have to buy CDs from them now instead of any other place.

connor35
Cool Stranger

Postby connor35 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:14 pm

My CD did not arrive today either!

Has anyone who ordered from the website received theirs?

Did others receive any sort of shipping update?

Steve
Hot Stranger

Postby Steve » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:15 pm

When I looked mine up it says expected delivery date is April 10... :( (That's through Amazon, though.)

connor35
Cool Stranger

Postby connor35 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:39 pm

And would you believe this: I'm at my desk, the mailman came and went.

Then I see him drive by again, turn around in my neighbors driveway, and pull up to my box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think he must have forgot my Vienna CD.

I run out to meet him. And he hands me a catalog he forgot to put in my box.

What a tease.

shawn
Hot Stranger

Postby shawn » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:30 pm

I had preordered IT direct from Rounder, based on my experience with having preordered DTTN from them when it came out, and having that one arrive the day before release. IT's release day came and went without my having received it, though. (A bit bummed because I had hoped to have Vienna sign them when I saw her show last night. Next time, if we're lucky enough to have the release day concert be local again, I'll wait to buy them at the show.)

Return to “The Cafe”