Sold out! :(

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

davechen
Cool Stranger

Sold out! :(

Postby davechen » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:34 pm

So the April 8th show at Wolf Trap in Virginia is sold out. I was slack and didn't try and buy tickets until last week, but there were none to be had. A few pairs showed up on CraigsList, but were gone by the time I emailed.

If anyone out there in intertube land has a couple tickets that they can't use, I'd be eternally grateful.

Just thought I'd throw a flyer out there.

Fred
Tengster

Re: Sold out! :(

Postby Fred » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:52 am

davechen wrote:So the April 8th show at Wolf Trap in Virginia is sold out. I was slack and didn't try and buy tickets until last week, but there were none to be had. A few pairs showed up on CraigsList, but were gone by the time I emailed.

If anyone out there in intertube land has a couple tickets that they can't use, I'd be eternally grateful.

Just thought I'd throw a flyer out there.

Sorry to hear it (for you; good for Vienna, of course). I just picked up tix for the 4/10 show at Le Poisson Rouge in NYC, with Paper Raincoat & Ben Sollee. Cheap (but you've got to buy drinks and/or food--2 item minimum--so less cheap). Apparently at LPR, they move tables in or out depending on crowd size, so a fully seated crowd is about 200 while a fully standing one is about 800, so I guess they just keep selling tix and removing tables as they go. If we end up standing my wife's gonna kill me. Given my druthers I'd just as soon see her in a theatre venue, but nobody gave me my druthers. Alternately, wish I'd been able to make one of the Vivaldi shows.

BTW anybody heard Ben Sollee? Does he really play a cello like a guitar? Weird.

Digital
Hot Stranger

Re: Sold out! :(

Postby Digital » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:05 am

davechen wrote:So the April 8th show at Wolf Trap in Virginia is sold out. I was slack and didn't try and buy tickets until last week, but there were none to be had. A few pairs showed up on CraigsList, but were gone by the time I emailed.

I could have told you it would be sold out. She hasn't played in DC proper in awhile, and she always has a strong showing. You may still get lucky and grab a pair, but I always make a move on the tickets immediately when they come out.

Maybe you can catch her Annapolis date in May instead?

sheeba
Hot Stranger

Postby sheeba » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:37 pm

I suggest road tripping to the Philly burbs tomorrow. I'm sure the Keswick show still has tix as it's a pretty big venue.

Return to “The Cafe”