Scrapbook Neglect?

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:23 am

Ang Mo wrote:The scrapbook has been UPDATED!!!

Check it out:
http://viennateng.com/scrapbook/

Neglect is no longer an issue. Now to read, to observe, soak it in, and of course make a comment.........

Hoooo Raaaaa

I think that is Marine speak for FANTASTIC!!!

Wow, is that really her job?

Lucky ;]

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:07 pm

I could imagine the ANGelic MOnster, aka our Diet-Coke-Free Man, changing from desperate-longing-depressing-black-and-white face into a more colourful one, maybe like this :

Last edited by Walking Stranger on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:23 am

desperate-longing-depressing-black-and-white face

With verbal imagery like that Walking Stranger why would I want to be anything else? :lol:

That new colorful imagery is very Salvador Dali-ish. If you were to cross him with a llama you get the Dali-LLama....name wise anyway. Stole that quote from the weird food guy on the travel channel or whatever channel he is on.......

Now Roofboy, the first couple of postcards posted by Vienna could make anyone jealous. The other involving long airport layovers, sickness, and having to do laundry and packing sounds like the mundane kind of things we forum mortals do on a daily basis............. :wink:
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:18 pm

Ang Mo wrote:With verbal imagery like that Walking Stranger why would I want to be anything else? :lol:

Probably I should think more than twice before writing down something so as to avoid mis-takes, mis-understanding and mis-interpretation... this should be a kind of discipline I have to follow as I'm neither a master of the worlds nor a master of the words ... ;)

To take your words, "Keen observation" Ang Mo.

Hope the following words in a kind of Radiohead-rainbow style fix my previous post about a state of mind that you DO have overcomed now:

A RELAXED MIND IS A CREATIVE MIND.
THE MIND IS GIVEN TO YOU, YOU ARE NOT GIVEN TO THE MIND.
BE PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE.
MAY YOUR INNER SELF BE SECURE AND HAPPY.
TRUE UNDERSTANDING IS FOUND THROUGH COMPASSION.
TRUE WEALTH IS THE ABILITY TO LET GO OF YOUR POSSESSIONS.
LET YOUR HEART GUIDE YOU.

The seven sentences above are all from Yogi Tea bags bought in an organic shop some time ago ;)
BTW, about colours, just found the Buddhist flag was created in 1952.

So forget the awkward words that I or your co-workers said to you, turn a page, search and keep the positive ones like the wink Eric Cheng and Vienna Teng did two years ago :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmFudRdwqgo
Vienna Teng - Green Caravan Tour, Day 3 - March 29, 2007.
- from 1:17 to 1:19 :
3 seconds of fame for Ang Mo or how Ang Mo is in the mind of his famous reader namely Vienna Teng :)
who magnified his avatar image to her whole laptop screen :

P.S. : About "Dali-LLama"... outside the food inspiration, is the pun inspired by the yellow colours too (strangely I was thinking of associating with the Buddhist monk clothes color when doing that drawing) ?
Last edited by Walking Stranger on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:20 pm

Guess what ?
I see a "Dali-Llama" in the sky just a few minutes ago, do you distinguish it too ? :

Here is the original size of the "Dali-Llama in the Sky" picture.
Last edited by Walking Stranger on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:07 pm

This is a Dali-Llama GIMPed version :

Last edited by Walking Stranger on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:43 am

3 seconds of fame for Ang Mo or how Ang Mo is in the mind of his famous reader namely Vienna Teng
who magnified his avatar image to her whole laptop screen :

Well actually the historic part of that moment was not so much the enlargement of my avatar picture, but it was the significance of Vienna's move from the West Coast to the East Coast. Vienna felt the need to make the move so she could be surrounded by lots of professional musicians and her nature was to compete and perform with the best. I am not from a big city but I guess New York is the place to be as a musician just as Hollywood is for actors. You have triggered memories Walking Stranger. I think about the Man in Blue who attended almost every Vienna concert in every state, country, etc., I think about Ginny who promoted Vienna and performed with her onstage. I think about Scot who has recorded every sound bite, concert, article, etc on his own Vienna website. I think about all the videos that have been posted on YouTube by various fans. I especially liked the one featuring socks, Vienna Teng, and Klaorman. Since I have posted here, Eric Cheng has lived in three different places and has posted numerous Vienna pics as well as circling the globe now several times while photographing about everything under the sea and above ground. DeBeattie, and I apologize if I spelled anyone's posting name incorrectly, who has actually transcribed Vienna's music into sheet music. I think about people overseas like Ben and his amazing spinning girl avatar and others who have written reviews, posted pictures of Vienna in concert, drawings, etc. and in the early days I remember one poster, who does not seem to post that much anymore that made me think by the context of their posts that this person was Vienna's mother. I couldn't suss it out for sure, but the way the verbage was it seemed like the words of a mother who was very proud of her daughter. Just a hunch. I could be wrong.

Thanks again Walking Stranger for making me reflect a little on the past. It was kind of fun to go back through it.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:01 pm

I can feel you are a vigilant mind Ang Mo.

I remember enjoying Scot's archives of Vienna Teng's songs notes and his inspiring fan page, learning that Michele added France to her mailing list to inform about Vienna's EU tour, mailing list to which I was not at that time a subscriber but enjoyed answering to Scot and Michele's posts about my first concert live ever attended in my life (I remember telling VT "Say hi to your mum !" ... don't know what makes me say that, maybe a way to say that she has a good mother...), Amy's post in the funny game "Good news, bad news", Reileen's dreams topic and Dionesque reassuring answer stating that dreaming of his or her favorite singers is a kind of common/normal craziness, Mark Johnson from Fat Monster Films's post with a wink to Hermann Hesse's Steppenwolf, cyndaminthia's web link that makes me want to learn how to play guitar like Cynthia Wang...
While digging back to older posts, I was happy to read about dbeattie changing his path of life, turning the tables on a working situation, was moved when reading about Jazzfrac and his favorite quotation of Eric's song :
"so we just hold on fast, acknowledge the past, as lessons exquisitely crafted
painstakingly drafted, to carve us as instruments, that play the music of life"

Now, VT forumites, you are all invited to express and share your feelings, if you feel like to do it ... There are plenty of room for you, you know that.

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:39 pm

Today is the end of our agony : look at the scrapbook now !

Enjoy the Sun !

[EDIT : after reading VT post ... May angels take care of the souls !]

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:57 pm

Walking Stranger wrote:Today is the end of our agony : look at the scrapbook now !

Enjoy the Sun !

[EDIT : after reading VT post ... May angels take care of the souls !]

A very moving tribute to the lives lost aboard Air France flight 447. Vienna never seems to waste an opportunity to experience the human world around her. I understand why she is enjoying living in NYC so much. She certainly strikes me as a woman who would not like to live a hermit's life, alone somewhere....
Chris

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:10 pm

cmooreNC wrote:She certainly strikes me as a woman who would not like to live a hermit's life, alone somewhere....

To think about it and metaphorically speaking, she's a kind of flower that blooms in the mud, a kind of mud that nourishes spiritually all kind of souls once you want to look for some kind of truth ... and of course, every flower does neither bloom at the same time nor grow at the same speed ... well ... I understand myself...

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:45 am

rawr, Fight Club

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:15 pm

tanthalas wrote:rawr, Fight Club

Hein ??? What ???
I don't understand what you wrote, could you be more explicit about it ?

Take care,
WS

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:02 am

I agree, it is a beautiful scrapbook entry, a touching tribute to the Air France victims. She has that rare gift, the ability to express complex thoughts and feelings in deceptively simple prose. There's nothing ostentatious about her writing, yet it lingers in the memory for days and weeks after.

Beyond the issue of writer's craft - the thoughts and feelings she expresses are so admirable. Her words flow from a perceptive mind and a compassionate soul. I'm proud to be her fan.

A couple of years ago, after I read her equally memorable entry about Marillion's "Your Gone," I wrote, "I hope she will someday write a book." Still do.

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:44 am

The title of her scrapbook post is a Fight Club reference. And a damn good one at that. :)

Return to “The Cafe”