Scrapbook Neglect?

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:56 am

- Something like "LIVING IN HARMONY" thing, one of the The Prisoner's episodes ?

Actually my dear Walking Stranger it is more in line with the episode titled:
A Change of Mind

A very important and strategic episode where the prisoner turns the tables on his captors once again.

Living in Harmony is actually an episode where the Prisoner awakes and finds himself in the Old West of the United States. One of the more bizarre but genuinely entertaining episodes in the series. The Prisoner only had 17 or 18 episodes and the series ended as it was supposed to with the Prisoner finally earning his freedom and finding out who the elusive #1 was. It was a great ending with the music of the four spiritual giants (John, Paul, George, and Ringo) playing All You Need is Love as the Prisoner walks out triumphantly to his little two seater convertible roadster and drives off into the sunset a free man.

Vienna mentioned a wondeful Carribean sunset. That would be an excellent photo to post in the scrapbook, not that I am hinting or anything like that.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:29 pm

To be quite honest, I'm guessing that she may not get the hint. Not because she wouldn't understand, but rather because I don't think she's reading things on her own site at the moment. She's so busy lately that I don't think she's getting over to these boards much lately, if at all.

When I spoke to her she actually recognized me more from recent posts that I'd been making about her over on the Cayamo board rather than on here.
Chris

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:13 am

cmooreNC stated:
To be quite honest, I'm guessing that she may not get the hint. Not because she wouldn't understand, but rather because I don't think she's reading things on her own site at the moment. She's so busy lately that I don't think she's getting over to these boards much lately, if at all.

When I spoke to her she actually recognized me more from recent posts that I'd been making about her over on the Cayamo board rather than on here.

So are you implying we need to hire a stunt pilot and plane where they write the message in smoke up in the sky that says, Make a scrapbook post? I wonder how much that costs in these trying economic times............................ :wink: Maybe the next album will be called Smoke Signals Something to ponder on tonight.........
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:07 am

I have a feeling that Vienna will have plenty to talk about once she gets back from Europe ;]

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:30 pm

For Ang Mo : hope this will put you in a relax mood ... Free yourself from Diet Coke ! :)

Last edited by Walking Stranger on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:59 am

LoL!!! Walking Stranger. I really like your artistic style on that drawing. I even have wings. Bless you!

Now please tell me what that mechanism or device is in your avatar. It looks like some sort of fitting with eight human skulls attached to the bottom? It has me a little nervous and making me want to drink a diet coke..... :lol:

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:39 am

Ang Mo wrote:Now please tell me what that mechanism or device is in your avatar. It looks like some sort of fitting with eight human skulls attached to the bottom?

Hey, you have the same imagination like me : I entitled this picture "Skulls Machine"...
It was taken in 28/05/2005 and probably near a hostel somewhere in Ireland.

I have no idea of what this machine really is. Maybe some VT forumites being also experts in the field of mechanism could tell us... Until now it's a mystery....

It reminds me of this excerpt of "Galaxy Express 999" the movie by Leiji Matsumoto who was influenced by Maurice Maeterlinck :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqzazGE9sC8,
especially 00:30 :
"Our planet functions solely on mechanized human components"
and 3:30 :
"a living bolt with a soul"

Have you ever got that feeling too ?...I guess yes for many of us...

I found out this episode "Chain of Command" of Star Trek: The Next Generation :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_eSwq1ewsU
Tell me how many lights you see ?
There... Are... Four... Lights!
or
Tell me how many skulls you see ?
There... Are... Eight... Skulls!

It's up to us to think from any kind of creative works !... ;)
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

if(!u){i=null;}
Cool Stranger

Postby if(!u){i=null;} » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:28 pm

It’s an ancient Glalxo-5000 cappuccino machine dating back to Cesar. Before plastics, they used skulls as steam distributors. In this case, a family of 8 served a family of 8. Ok it’s just a radial engine from an airplane, 8-cylinder, 3-prop.

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:44 pm

if(!u){i=null;} wrote:It’s an ancient Glalxo-5000 cappuccino machine dating back to Cesar. Before plastics, they used skulls as steam distributors. In this case, a family of 8 served a family of 8. Ok it’s just a radial engine from an airplane, 8-cylinder, 3-prop.

LOL
if(!u){i=null;} I don't know if at Cesar's time there was concrete as this seems to be stuck to each pipes...they might have marketing stuff at that time with arenas full of gladiators and lions inside to entertain the people and pull them from political curiosity and investigation... so I assume there might neither be "What else ?" show poster... nor could this strange mechanism put in a plane as rotor...
That's only a non expert point of view... if you could prove what you say, dear if(!u){i=null;}, by some sources or some pictures alike this one, I'll be glad to learn and fight my own ignorance a little bit each day ;)

Thanks in advance for those who could share their knowledge, in a funny or humoristic way or not ;) !

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:21 pm

if(!u){i=null;} wrote: Ok it’s just a radial engine from an airplane, 8-cylinder, 3-prop.

OK, just found out some pictures ..

My apologies if(!u){i=null;}, I finally understand how Radial engine looks like with this photo of part of obviously an airplane :

at first look I thought there was concrete or cement on each cylinder's head in the picture taken in Ireland, a kind of artistic expression or something plaster to hold the inner components ...

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:51 am

if(!u){i=null;} wrote: Ok it’s just a radial engine from an airplane, 8-cylinder, 3-prop.

Good call, If. Probably nine cylinders, though. Radial engines always have odd-numbered cylinders. My guess, it's a Bristol Pegasus.

Back on topic: From Vienna's latest mass email --

Vienna wrote:P.S. Scrapbook post is coming, I promise. With photos, even.

Our patience will soon be rewarded. In return, we should attend as many of the upcoming shows as possible. I have tickets for BOTH shows at Yoshi's! :)

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:12 am

I am so thankful that if(!u){i=null;} explained what that thing in Walking Stranger's Avatar was. I was becoming so curious and obsessed I was about to bow down to it and ask it,
Oh great one, what is the meaning of everything?

And Rahau, I have to praise you for breaking the good news that Vienna will do a scrapbook soon with pictures. She is like the rainmaker getting rid of the drought.

And my dear Walking Stranger, thanks for that drawing you did of me. Most people at work say I should be depicted with horns but now I can show them that some people think I am an angel or at least an angelic monster. Thanks for my wings. I feel like George Bailey............

Thanks to all!!!

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:36 am

Ang Mo wrote:And my dear Walking Stranger, thanks for that drawing you did of me. Most people at work say I should be depicted with horns but now I can show them that some people think I am an angel or at least an angelic monster. Thanks for my wings. I feel like George Bailey............

Thanks to all!!!

You're welcome Ang Mo !

I am not God and I'm far from having any supernatural power to be able to do a psychologic profiling of people, but glad that you like the drawing.
I did not even know myself to tell you the truth ... as I have no clue for what job I am born for on this earth (professionally and spiritually speaking), well that's another personal story...

About your co-workers, it reminds me of this quotation of a website which no more exists :
"Réalités (26/04/2006)" - Réflexions (http://groupe.iconoclaste.free.fr)

" [...] « Mais enfin, me dira-t-on, si nous interprétons tous de nombreux personnages, il sera impossible de connaître vraiment quelqu'un! » A cela je répondrai que l'on ne connait jamais vraiment quelqu'un mais que l'on ne connaît que le personnage qu'il interprète en notre présence. Même pas d'ailleurs, on ne connaît que l'image que l'on a de ce personnage. Connaître bien quelqu'un c'est le connaître dans les différents univers au sein desquels il évolue, c'est connaître les différents personnages qu'il interprète et les mêler pour en sortir une personnalité complexe et floue. Mais il est un personnage que l'on ne pourra jamais connaître, celui qui est interprété dans les instants de solitude. Pour cela nous ne pouvons connaître ce que sont les individus, nous pouvons simplement essayer de nous représenter leur style de jeu en fonction des pièces dans lesquelles ils se trouvent et du public auquel ils font face. Mais qu'une nouvelle situation apparaisse et nous découvriront que ceux que l'on croyait connaître ne sont pas exactement tels que nous nous les imaginions. Et d'ailleurs nous même, nous ne nous connaissons que dans les cadres que nous avons déjà expérimenté. Et se connaître soi-même, ne serait-ce pas justement savoir comment l'on réagit dans le plus de situations possibles ? Pour cela encore, n'est-il pas souhaitable de multiplier les expériences de liberté que sont toutes ces existences, que sont toutes ces réalités ? [...] "

But then, I will be told, if we all play many characters, it will be impossible to really know someone! To that, I will answer that we never really know someone but that we only know the character that person plays in our presence. Not even that way, we only know the image that we have from that character. To know well someone is to know him/her in the different universes inside which he/she evolves, it's to know the different characters he/she plays and to mix them up so as to come out with a complex and blurred personality. But there is one character that we will never know, the one which is played in moments of solitude. For that reason, we can't know what the individuals are, we can simply try to imagine their style of play according to the rooms where they are in and to the audience they face. But when a new situation occurrs and we will discover that those we thought to know are not exactly like what we have imagined them. Furthermore, about ourselves, we know ourselves only in the environnments that we already have experimented. And to know oneself, isn't it just to know how we react in most of the possible situations ? For that too, will it be better to multiply experiences of freedom that are all these existences, that are all theses realities ?

You make me learn more about the movie It's a Wonderful Life when searching for "George Bailey".

I prefer to be sometimes on my "barking-monster-style mood", and calm down later on ...
My mother taught me a Laotian saying which could be phonetically transribed like this :
"PARK PEN THAM HOUATCHAI PEN GNARK", which I translate into something like :
"Mouth as holy's one but heart as monster's one" ... ;)

So, I think I prefer people who have angel's heart instead of hypocrite or negative people described in the Laotian saying above ...

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:58 pm

I send this image to you all.
I send all my LOVE to all of you who read this.

Last edited by Walking Stranger on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:19 am

The scrapbook has been UPDATED!!!

Check it out:
http://viennateng.com/scrapbook/

Neglect is no longer an issue. Now to read, to observe, soak it in, and of course make a comment.........

Hoooo Raaaaa

I think that is Marine speak for FANTASTIC!!!

Return to “The Cafe”