Scrapbook Neglect?

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Steve
Hot Stranger

Postby Steve » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:43 pm

Ang Mo wrote:...I think a pair of really colorful knee high socks would have added to it all, but I am searching for the outfit I think Vienna should wear. I have not quite found it yet, but I am closing in....

What were you doing in Mexico? Was this a vacation or were you on assignment looking for musical groups to bring up for concerts?

This group didn't have knee socks, but the tights were just about as good. Here's a shot from another stop. It was pretty late at night - luckily there was pretty good lighting where I took the video.

I have some friends near Mexico City I've visited a couple of times. This time we took them to Guanajuato and had a ball. Same place I took the "Viennatone" picture in this post: http://viennateng.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... viennatone

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:02 am

Now that I can see the outfits more clearly I can see that Vienna should use that one for the song. I like that feather on the hat. Very aristocratic looking. Now all we got to do is wait for Vienna to sing the song.

Thanks for posting that Steve!
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:57 pm

Ang Mo wrote:
OK, I'll keep in mind that there is no more association between the name "Ang Mo" and the word "president" or the word "Chairman"... my apologies...

Do not apologize Walking Stranger. It is not necessary and I am somewhat fond of being called the Chairman, although in an extremely unofficial capacity. Sort of like being a mall Santa..............

Just found out today 1st March 2009 about the top three VT Forumites :

1st : Scot - 22 Mar 2004 - 1341 posts
2nd : Ang Mo - 16 May 2004 - 1282 posts
3rd : Ginny - 30 Mar 2004 - 1051 posts

So Chairman Scot, what is your speech for 2009 ?
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:09 am

Oh boy.

With such esteemed company, I think the only thing I should say is that I'll strive to post less this year! :)

(He says, while editing a 12/13/08 recording.... ;)

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:41 am

1st : Scot - 22 Mar 2004 - 1341 posts
2nd : Ang Mo - 16 May 2004 - 1282 posts
3rd : Ginny - 30 Mar 2004 - 1051 posts

Keen observation Walking Stranger. It brings up a very important point:

Where the hell is Ginny?

Hopefully she has not been kidnapped by a bunch of those nuns that don't allow anyone to speak......or play trumpet......

I forgot, that was Dr. Ginny...........I correct myself. :lol:
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:01 am

Thankfully, our esteemed forum moderator has not been kidnapped by nuns. But she has been quite busy these days. Between closing in on her doctorate and battling the southern snow and ice storms, and the power outages, she's had her hands full. Not to worry though, she'll rejoin us soon.

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:09 am

rahau wrote:Thankfully, our esteemed forum moderator has not been kidnapped by nuns. But she has been quite busy these days. Between closing in on her doctorate and battling the southern snow and ice storms, and the power outages, she's had her hands full. Not to worry though, she'll rejoin us soon.

Yay! She's getting her doctorate? In what, if I may ask? ... I like to know these random facts about people i (kindasorta) know. It calms my mind down :wink:

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:22 am

Ginny is about to receive her Doctorate in Music Performance, one of the toughest post-grad degrees. In addition to a full academic workload, she must actually PERFORM on her chosen instrument - trumpet, in her case. There is simply no way one can BS one's way through this degree. You either deliver the goods, or you get no sheepskin.

Much like Vienna and Candace, Ginny can be quite exasperatingly humble about her musical brilliance. But be not fooled - she is a world class musician.

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:33 pm

rahau wrote:Ginny is about to receive her Doctorate in Music Performance, one of the toughest post-grad degrees. In addition to a full academic workload, she must actually PERFORM on her chosen instrument - trumpet, in her case. There is simply no way one can BS one's way through this degree. You either deliver the goods, or you get no sheepskin.

Much like Vienna and Candace, Ginny can be quite exasperatingly humble about her musical brilliance. But be not fooled - she is a world class musician.

Wow, thats pretty cool. Ah, I send my non-religious prayers her way :]

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:07 am

I'm around, just not posting. :) Rahau is right about being in the end stages of doctoral work. I'm frantically working on my dissertation, which is the last hurdle between the Doctorate of Musical Arts degree and me. I'm also teaching my usual students plus filling in for the trumpet professor at UNCG for 8 weeks, and I am still very busy with the brass quintet. I'm also busy with a friend who is in a rough situation, so I'm not doing much online these days. I still look in almost daily, though. Thanks for asking after me! ~Ginny
Last edited by Ginny on Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:07 am

For Ginny : just a picture to take a good time to smile ;)

♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:08 am

Very cute! Thanks! :) ~Ginny
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:31 am

I was in group therapy today and I happened to make the observation during the session that there were more zero's in the room than what's on a billion dollar check.

My shrink and his other patients starting yelling at me:
Disharmonius! Disharmonius! Disharmonius!

Just to shut them up I said:
I'm sorry, group hug a##holes
with my arms outstretched.
Long story short, they didn't believe that I was genuine so I am an outcast, sort of like a drunk mall santa.............I think my hostility comes from drinking all that water.

Now back on topic, nice photo Walking Stranger, I think that cat would get along with Stuckey pretty well. Nice to hear from Ginny as well. The forum universe is back in order with the exception of that new scrapbook post. Not that I am being impatient or anything of that nature.

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:18 am

Ang Mo wrote:I was in group therapy today and I happened to make the observation during the session that there were more zero's in the room than what's on a billion dollar check.

- What do you mean by "there were more zero's" ?

My shrink and his other patients starting yelling at me:
Disharmonius! Disharmonius! Disharmonius!

- Something like "LIVING IN HARMONY" thing, one of the The Prisoner's episodes ?

Just to shut them up I said:
I'm sorry, group hug a##holes
with my arms outstretched.
Long story short, they didn't believe that I was genuine so I am an outcast, sort of like a drunk mall santa.............I think my hostility comes from drinking all that water.

- Next therapy session would be like a singing session instead of a hugging session, if you try to sing them an ANGry Santa MO version of Daniel Johnston's True Love Will Find You In The End will they in return yell at you the same thing ?...

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:16 am

And you can always follow our humble and esteemed Ginny on Twitter! :)

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Return to “The Cafe”