Scrapbook Neglect?

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:45 am

Ang Mo wrote:P.S. Okay Walking Stranger, I answered the questions due to the fact we don't have a new scrapbook post. But my answers could change at any given time down the road.

Arrrrgh !!! At the very second I write this we could not check her twitter right now for maintenance reason as explained (hour displayed is French hour ... my quite abnormal waking hour for a jobless individual ;) ... ) :

Last edited by Walking Stranger on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:04 am

Her twitter is back again on VT website now ;)
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:53 pm

My name is Walking Stranger from France. I'm not a number ! I'm a free woman !

LoL! That's the spirit. :wink:
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:14 pm

Ang Mo wrote:
My name is Walking Stranger from France. I'm not a number ! I'm a free woman !

LoL! That's the spirit. :wink:

Hello you !
The more I read your posts, the more I appreciate this ANGer-MOod-Santa-MO StrANGer behind that avatar,

BTW there is no shame to hug trees. I did it when I was a kid in high school, thinking about Baobab trees I had seen in an encyclopaedia and wondering how old the tree I was measuring with my own arms length was.
About trees, I was told once by an ex-colleague that we could only pick up a leaf or two so as not to transfer all our negative vibrations to those vegetable entities when touching the trees. She is a person who is in the meditation way to keep away from stress and anger and keeps smiling and laughing, though what she witnessed in her childhood due to historical events in Cambodia influence her a lot on her own vision of the world, It's good she finds her own way to not be stuck in anger in her daily life.
For me I'm far from being in a meditation mood, I'm more in an ANGer MOod style trying to understand and find a way out to all of this mess in this world we are all in ....trying to find an answer by picking up a word from my mind, writing down on google search bar and sometimes discovered funny or interesting things, like playing with a jam pot containing words and it makes sometimes your day ... more or like the Matrix research stuff in the movie but in a more illogical way and more funny way for me ...
And about trees again, the project tree on flickr is something I would like to take part, even if at the beginning I did not want to take part to flickr as Yahoo did things I did not appreciate and that I will not refer here for political reasons that could create or add more confusion...
You probably guess I'm often out of the subject or extrapolate too much, I reckon I often get out of the square of the topics on VT forum... Any critics are welcome anyway !
Last edited by Walking Stranger on Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:24 am

Thank you for the comments Walking Stranger. The forum has such a great range of individuals from all walks of life and from different countries, cultures, etc. That's what makes it fun.

In fact I wish Vienna, who I think can speak French would sing this song and put it as an extra on the album, and if I remembered incorrectly that she could speak french, than maybe try it in Mandarin. It is such a happy song and has that happy piano beat. This song cheers me up immensely and wish she would sing it even in English if their is a translation. I don't understand the words, but it sure seems happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAMuNfs89yE

I read Vienna's latest twitter comment. There was no mention of updating the scrapbook, but she did say:

has half a mind to move to Texas someday.

And I got tickled by that comment because I can't imagine that scenario. I hear that Austin is absolutely beautiful and very much like San Francisco with the exception of not having an ocean to see. I still interpreted the message to be that she would move their if she was only using half her mind though..........
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:57 am

I must say that i've listened to this at least ten times by now.. And still can't figure out where i've heard it before...

Vienna singing/playing this song... Hmmm... i like the idea! We should start a petition :wink:

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:15 am

If my diet coke soaked mind remembers, it was in the film The Darjeeling Limited which was a Wes Anderson film. It actually makes a person feel better listening to it. I would love to hear Vienna's version. I think it would be awesome or maybe as Reileen would call it
awesome sauce
or something along those lines.

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:04 am

Ang Mo wrote:If my diet coke soaked mind remembers, it was in the film The Darjeeling Limited which was a Wes Anderson film. It actually makes a person feel better listening to it. I would love to hear Vienna's version. I think it would be awesome or maybe as Reileen would call it
awesome sauce
or something along those lines.

Thaaaat's the movie. I need to see that again, it's really a good one.

Awesome Sauce.. sounds delicious.

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:50 am

roofboy179 wrote:

I must say that i've listened to this at least ten times by now.. And still can't figure out where i've heard it before...

Vienna singing/playing this song... Hmmm... i like the idea! We should start a petition :wink:

It was Joe Dassin singing Les Champs-Elysées.
Here is a quick compilation of Joe Dassin performing some of his songs

He was born in New York....

Steve
Hot Stranger

Postby Steve » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:10 pm

roofboy179 wrote:I must say that i've listened to this at least ten times by now.. And still can't figure out where i've heard it before...

Me too, but for a totally different reason, and I finally figured it out. I have a video I took of an "Estudiantina" singing group last summer in an alley in Guanajuato, Mexico singing the same tune with new, Spanish lyrics as a love song. I love it, because the group is having so much fun. I'll have to see if I can upload it to YouTube. I found one video of the same group there, but none with this song.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:01 am

Me too, but for a totally different reason, and I finally figured it out. I have a video I took of an "Estudiantina" singing group last summer in an alley in Guanajuato, Mexico singing the same tune with new, Spanish lyrics as a love song. I love it, because the group is having so much fun. I'll have to see if I can upload it to YouTube. I found one video of the same group there, but none with this song.

Well Steve, I think maybe Vienna speaks spanish as well so she can now sing it in Spanish. It is my idea of the month, but my favorite so far for the year........of course it is the only one I have had so far beside trying to egg her on to make a scrapbook post.......I wonder if I said please......
Please........

Steve
Hot Stranger

Postby Steve » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:03 pm

OK, I managed to set up a YouTube account and upload the video from Guanajuato. It was taken with a $100 Nikon camera that has a video option, but came out pretty well, considering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6jW2Mwsvpo

Now if we can get Vienna to sing it in the outfit and hat the girl beyond the lead singer is wearing and get the hand motions in as well, I think it'd be great! If not, Vienna's Twitter says she's feeling embarrassed about not making a recent scrapbook post, so we may at least get that wish.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:46 am

Incredible video Steve! I just cracked up looking at that lady doing the hand motions wearing that outfit you mentioned. I think a pair of really colorful knee high socks would have added to it all, but I am searching for the outfit I think Vienna should wear. I have not quite found it yet, but I am closing in.

What were you doing in Mexico? Was this a vacation or were you on assignment looking for musical groups to bring up for concerts?

The song is just as happy in Spanish as it is in French. :lol:

Well done.

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:49 am

Walking Stranger wrote:I'm not a number! I'm a free woman!

(Villainously) Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

:wink:

Digital
Hot Stranger

Postby Digital » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:22 am

Ang Mo wrote:
I read Vienna's latest twitter comment. There was no mention of updating the scrapbook, but she did say:

has half a mind to move to Texas someday.

And I got tickled by that comment because I can't imagine that scenario. I hear that Austin is absolutely beautiful and very much like San Francisco with the exception of not having an ocean to see. I still interpreted the message to be that she would move their if she was only using half her mind though..........

Vienna would do just fine in Texas, but as a Texan, maybe I'm biased. It's not just Austin, but a whole lot of the state that is beautiful. Austin does share some commonalities with San Francisco, but the two are altogether different at the same time. To me, the "feel" is different, because I think Austin has a more laid-back sense to it. It's a Texan frame of mind sort of thing. If you ever did want to go, I could give you a tour, assuming I happen to be back. Lots of cool little places.'

I wonder if it was Austin that caught Vienna's eye, or one of the other places she visited while down there. I can think of a number of great little places that she might have discovered. No matter how hard they try, you can't find them in NYC. Then again, the reverse holds true as well. From a musician standpoint, the bay area is a great place to start, LA, NYC and Nashville are places to build your career up, and places like Texas are great when you already know what you want and want to slow down a bit, assuming you like a slower pace.

Return to “The Cafe”