Scrapbook Neglect?

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Ang Mo
Tengster

Scrapbook Neglect?

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:27 am

It's been a very long time since the scrapbook has been added to. In fact the next scrapbook post could have the tagline, The Days Grow Longer.... :wink:

Twitter lasts only a second, but scrapbooks last a lifetime. I got to stop drinking water. It's got me all messed up.................
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:39 am

I've noticed that too. Maybe Vienna's life has been uneventful? (Okay, so that can't be it.)

Maybe, its been so eventful that she has no time? O:

I'm going to stick with the latter.

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Postby Reileen » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:02 am

Vienna had a tweet recently realizing that she's neglected the scrapbook. So maybe we'll have something soon? :shock:
"You've made us swear our souls to you
And blamed us for your poisoned grace."

Reileen van Kaile
http://www.voxgraphicastudio.com

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:28 am

Reileen wrote:Vienna had a tweet recently realizing that she's neglected the scrapbook. So maybe we'll have something soon? :shock:

I saw that tweet

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:14 am

Well apparently it is not embarassing enough to actually post a scrapbook post. That tweet is nearly a half a month old. I am starting to think of Vienna as a scrapbook tease if there is such a being. I must be careful, the only thing missing from her toe sock arsenal in that one photo is one of those Chinese throwing stars, and she's probably saving that to throw into the forehead of the person who pops off about scrapbook neglect. Good thing I have that steel plate in my head and don't even try to burn my eyes out. I wear contact lenses made out of asbestos..............
Drinking all this water is making me goofy. Goodnight.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:53 am

Ang Mo wrote:Well apparently it is not embarassing enough to actually post a scrapbook post. That tweet is nearly a half a month old. I am starting to think of Vienna as a scrapbook tease if there is such a being. I must be careful, the only thing missing from her toe sock arsenal in that one photo is one of those Chinese throwing stars, and she's probably saving that to throw into the forehead of the person who pops off about scrapbook neglect. Good thing I have that steel plate in my head and don't even try to burn my eyes out. I wear contact lenses made out of asbestos..............
Drinking all this water is making me goofy. Goodnight.

We need some Diet Coke, Stat!! :]

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:07 am

Last I saw Vienna, she hadn't slept for more than 4 hours a night for several weeks straight. I'd much rather see her more well-rested than see another scrapbook post. :P

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:29 am

tanthalas wrote:Last I saw Vienna, she hadn't slept for more than 4 hours a night for several weeks straight. I'd much rather see her more well-rested than see another scrapbook post. :P

Yeah, she said "3-hour nap business" in here, 3rd Feb. and also her sessions of
"programmer-on-code-commit-deadline habits" here, 31st Jan.

Maybe President Ang Mo would like to kill some time when reading Ginny's 6 Questions for Y'all, (now 7 questions) posted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:27 am here in The Cafe section

Please, Dear VT forum President Ang Mo, we would like to know more about you, as we know a little bit of the new USA President Barack Obama in wikipedia ....
Enough strength to recover from your illness and write some lines about Ginny's questionary after drinking some Diet Coke bottles?
Yes you can !
You can do it Ang Mo! ;)

Big hug from Walking Stranger from France
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:33 pm

Last I saw Vienna, she hadn't slept for more than 4 hours a night for several weeks straight.

Solution Lunesta! It really works well. Side effects are dry mouth and memory loss. Other than that it is great, I just can't remember.

Maybe President Ang Mo would like to kill some time when reading Ginny's 6 Questions for Y'all, (now 7 questions) posted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:27 am here in The Cafe section

Well I am not the president of the VT group. They don't have offices here, just administrators and I believe Dr. Ginny is one of them.

Those questions are unanswerable. I looked at them and they are the type of questions where you could actually change your mind a day later, or after having eaten, or maybe drink a glass of water and your outlook changes so you answer is no longer correct. I would have to update those questions daily which would in turn cause extra work which in turn would make me tired.

Now my campaign to get a new scrapbook post is because they act as a catalyst or springboard. There kind of like passages in the Bible. You get numerous people reading the same verse and each person starts their own interpretation or religion you might say according to their interpretation. That is why there are over a thousand Christian religions today because apparently the book with all the absolute answers seems to generate a lot of confusion about what all the absolute answers are. So the same thing happens with the scrapbook. Different forumites pick out certain things in the post they find interesting and put their spin on it.

For Example

In the movie Life of Brian there is an argument between two old men who are listening to the sermon on the mount. Because one guy is hard of hearing he says in a strong british accent , and believe me I was blown away because I thought they would not have that accent in the middle east,

Wot did he say??? Blessed are the cheesemakers? and his buddy replies, It's not to be taken literally, it applies to all manufacturer's of dairy products

With tears streaming down my face I was deeply touched by this and barely managed to drink up my remaining ounces of diet coke.

Sorry for babbling on and being so emotional. I blame it on the consumption of water...................

I will get a diet coke for breakfast soon and I will be much happier.

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:52 pm

Ang Mo wrote:Well I am not the president of the VT group. They don't have offices here, just administrators and I believe Dr. Ginny is one of them.

OK, I'll keep in mind that there is no more association between the name "Ang Mo" and the word "president" or the word "Chairman"... my apologies...

Ang Mo wrote:Those questions are unanswerable. I looked at them and they are the type of questions where you could actually change your mind a day later, or after having eaten, or maybe drink a glass of water and your outlook changes so you answer is no longer correct.

There are ageless questions as there are ageless singers but our feelings and states of mind change like breathing mouvements....
But it does not mean that you Ang Mo should not take part to this humourous questionary from Ginny...

Ang Mo wrote:Now my campaign to get a new scrapbook post is because they act as a catalyst or springboard. There kind of like passages in the Bible. You get numerous people reading the same verse and each person starts their own interpretation or religion you might say according to their interpretation. That is why there are over a thousand Christian religions today because apparently the book with all the absolute answers seems to generate a lot of confusion about what all the absolute answers are. So the same thing happens with the scrapbook. Different forumites pick out certain things in the post they find interesting and put their spin on it.

For Example

In the movie Life of Brian there is an argument between two old men who are listening to the sermon on the mount. Because one guy is hard of hearing he says in a strong british accent , and believe me I was blown away because I thought they would not have that accent in the middle east,

Wot did he say??? Blessed are the cheesemakers? and his buddy replies, It's not to be taken literally, it applies to all manufacturer's of dairy products

Yes, that is why there are VT Q&A sessions, VT being like God-like phenomena speaking from the virtual inter-space cave doing some song text interpretation and vision ;)

To "extrapolate" - again and again yes - we are all trapped in words, like those used to translate feelings.

When I was a kid I was wondering about religious scriptures or verses and how people could communicate if they are deaf or if they are blind or if they have a physical disability when born. How could you do some rituals that implies water if you are in the middle of a desert and there is no water at all, how could you bow or pray or sing or be aware of your parents' religious culture if you are born in a way that this body sense or that body part does not respond or function properly as any normal human being ? ... If I don't know this or that sacred scriptures or holy books, does it make me a human being excluded from some divine part of this universe ???

I will get a diet coke for breakfast soon and I will be much happier.

What would you do if you live in another planet or another time and that there is NO diet coke ? What could you imagine it will be instead ?
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:24 am

OK, I'll keep in mind that there is no more association between the name "Ang Mo" and the word "president" or the word "Chairman"... my apologies...

Do not apologize Walking Stranger. It is not necessary and I am somewhat fond of being called the Chairman, although in an extremely unofficial capacity. Sort of like being a mall Santa..............

What would you do if you live in another planet or another time and that there is NO diet coke ? What could you imagine it will be instead ?

That would be the definition of hell my friend. A world without Diet Coke?
You have made me go into my nostalgia files and bring out one of the old coke commercials which taught that all races, intergalactic aliens, and civilizations could live together in piece if they just drank coke. It's corny, but to the younger members of the forum, it might be educational to see how awful the fashions of the seventies were. Drum roll please:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8H5263jCGg

Can you pick out the Klingons, Kardasians, and Gemidar? There are some humans thrown in there as well. World peace through Diet Coke, not just regular coke. They should make a sleepy formula for night time use.....

To be honest I always wanted Kirk and Spock to beam down amongst them and say,
Phasers on stun, form a circle

Just a random thought late at night and past my bedtime........

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:12 pm

Ang Mo wrote: [...] Do not apologize Walking Stranger. It is not necessary and I am somewhat fond of being called the Chairman, although in an extremely unofficial capacity. Sort of like being a mall Santa..............[...]

Well, then, what is the (birth-)date of Santa "Mo" and the favorite colour of his clothes ?
Santa Mo! Santa Mo! Santa Mooohoho !....

Ang Mo wrote: [...] one of the old coke commercials which taught that all races, intergalactic aliens, and civilizations could live together in piece if they just drank coke. It's corny, but to the younger members of the forum, it might be educational to see how awful the fashions of the seventies were. Drum roll please:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8H5263jCGg

World peace through Diet Coke, not just regular coke.

Are you fancying a Republic of Diet Coke like a Republic of the intergalactic-something-like stuff ?...

Ang Mo wrote:[...] To be honest I always wanted Kirk and Spock to beam down amongst them and say,
Phasers on stun, form a circle

Guess what we could find in the first page of Google searching with keywords like :
Phasers on stun, form a circle - without quotation marks""
and you will find this :
http://stinet.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA463432&Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf... ;)

It seems that anyone could find easily some stuffs on the internet especially personal data or military documents related to a specific country like the you-s.... or are they just honey pots ...

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:58 pm

Ang Mo wrote:I will get a diet coke for breakfast soon and I will be much happier.

Are you "in the mood for a dance fever" after drinking a bunch of diet coke ? :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLthhTnleso

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:35 am

My Twitter entry for February 3, 2009:

@viennateng Note from Nagging Uncle Bob: Get some sleep. It's healthy.

As much as I love her scrapbook posts, I too would rather she get some rest than post a scrapbook entry.

As long as I'm in the Nagging Uncle Bob Mode: Mr. Chairman, stay away from that damn Diet Coke and those Republican corporate commercials. That stuff is maybe one step above industrial waste, and not a very big step at that. Better to stay with pomegranete juice and cran-grape. To quote George Carlin in Cars ... "It's organic, man!"

We want a healthy Chairman to stay with us for quite some time ...

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:11 am

OMG Ang Mo, thanks for taking part with humour toGinny's questionary today ;)

All those who love Vienna Teng's music, follow Ang Mo !!!! (I mean about the participation to Ginny's questionary...)

Return to “The Cafe”