brain farts.

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

arcsol
Warm Stranger

brain farts.

Postby arcsol » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:40 pm

here's how it goes. you type a random thought that passed your mind. randomness is very much encouraged. reacting is... i dunno, kept to a minimum? basically, just vent a brain fart and go.

let's get the ball rolling eh?

I feel... disjointed. for some reason i seem to live in one-way imaginary bubble. i see the others outside, but i don't seem to exist. lolwhut?
A VT fan from the Philippines?

Do check out the 2014 Vienna Teng PHILIPPINES tour thread!

Drop a line and say hi! Post on the thread, leave a PM if you want, or send an email at marc dot a dot public at gmail dot com so we can make this happen!

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:15 pm

When something is "New and Improved", why is it improved? If it's new, there would be nothing to improve, right?

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Postby Reileen » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:33 pm

roofboy179 wrote:When something is "New and Improved", why is it improved? If it's new, there would be nothing to improve, right?

It's sort of like how people like to advertise "free gifts." If it's a gift, by definition it would be free, right?
"You've made us swear our souls to you
And blamed us for your poisoned grace."

Reileen van Kaile
http://www.voxgraphicastudio.com

Rotkehlchen
Warm Stranger

Postby Rotkehlchen » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:11 pm

Reileen wrote:It's sort of like how people like to advertise "free gifts." If it's a gift, by definition it would be free, right?

Gift is German for poison
(etymology: something given).
- or (as they say) there's no such thing as a free lunch :shock:
~ R

asteroid
Warm Stranger

Postby asteroid » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:16 pm

Whenever I see that kind of woods, I remember the cover of Dreaming Through the Noise.
Vienna's volunteer agent on midomi.com

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:01 pm

asteroid wrote:Whenever I see that kind of woods, I remember the cover of Dreaming Through the Noise.

Whenever I see my copy(ies) of DTTN I get the distinct urge to go deep into the woods near my house and sit like she was.

arcsol
Warm Stranger

Postby arcsol » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:31 am

peace and quiet. FINALLY. now here's to hoping said peace and quiet will last for even half a day. why can't my weekends be like this all the time?

and yeah, times like these, i want to head out to the woods and sit the way vienna is sitting in the DTTN cover. maybe my muse will pay me a visit there eh?
A VT fan from the Philippines?

Do check out the 2014 Vienna Teng PHILIPPINES tour thread!

Drop a line and say hi! Post on the thread, leave a PM if you want, or send an email at marc dot a dot public at gmail dot com so we can make this happen!

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:39 am

arcsol wrote: maybe my muse will pay me a visit there eh?

Funny you should mention that, Arcsol. I've gotten plenty of musings in woods myself (I'd say... maybe 10 of my songs?, and a few pictures, and one painting. And an unfinished drawing [Winter cam too early this year ><])

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Postby Reileen » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:05 am

I wish I had woods nearby my house that I could go to. :( *lives in the middle of surburbia sameness*

Reileen van Kaile

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:07 am

Reileen wrote:I wish I had woods nearby my house that I could go to. :( *lives in the middle of surburbia sameness*

Aww D: Well, we should trade places. Im much more of a suburbia-minded person. <-- Moving to New York when 18.

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Postby Reileen » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:37 am

I don't mind living in suburbia, per se, but I wish we had more easily accessible, nicely-kept "green spots" for lack of a better phrase at the moment. I'm a city girl at heart, but suburbia and city can get depressing if there's not enough nature around.

Reileen van Kaile

asteroid
Warm Stranger

Postby asteroid » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:53 am

http://sites.google.com/site/rociozly/Home/playingaround/doraemon-pocket/20_DTTS_grey.jpg?attredirects=0

The snow, absent all winter, finally came as late as near February 20th. And I discovered this. (Please forgive the bad quality of the camera on my mobile phone.)

Yesterday morning I saw a poorly-dressed guy sitting in the woods like that! After hesitating, I walked past without taking a photo.
Vienna's volunteer agent on midomi.com

Return to “The Cafe”