Most Anticipated Songs from IT?

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Most Anticipated Songs from IT?

Postby roofboy179 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:05 am

Excuse the use of my acronym for Inland Territory x]

Anyway... What songs are you looking most forward to?

Or if you've already heard them, what are your favourites?

I personally LOVE Antebellum, Stray Italian Greyhound, and No Gringo...

Your guys'?

Kalenabear
Warm Stranger

Postby Kalenabear » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:20 am

Fell in love with Antebellum when I heard/saw it performed live in Sept. My favorite so far. Stray Italian Greyhound, No Gringo, Augustine, and Kansas are great, too. Oh, and I can relate to Grandmother Song, hahaha. Am really really liking St. Stephen's Cross and....

....this is no fair, haha. I can't decide. :p Radio is much needed.
Last edited by Kalenabear on Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:58 am

I've already listened to the entire album, and I think my favorites so far have been (very unsurprisingly), in no particular order:

Antebellum
Kansas
Augustine
No Gringo

These are definitely my top 4, and it's hard to pick an actual favorite among them, or to even rank them amongst themselves. :D
Admittedly, though, I find myself liking the live, solo-piano version of Kansas than the one on the album. The version on the album doesn't achieve the same melancholy effect that the live version does. Or maybe I'm just biased because I've been listening to the live version of Kansas for over a year now.

BTW, everyone should do themselves a favor and listen to St. Stephen's Cross with a pair of headphones.
Last edited by tanthalas on Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:03 am

tanthalas wrote:I've already listened to the entire album, and I think my favorites so far have been (very unsurprisingly), in no particular order:

Antebellum
Kansas
Augustine
No Gringo

These are definitely my top 4, and it's hard to pick an actual favorite among them, or to even rank them amongst themselves. :D
Admittedly, though, I find myself liking the live, solo-piano version of Kansas than the one on the album. The version on the album doesn't achieve the same melancholy effect that the live version does. Or maybe I'm just biased because I've been listening to the live version Kansas for over a year now.

BTW, everyone should do themselves a favor and listen to St. Stephen's Cross with a pair of headphones.

why headphoneS?

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:14 am

Once you've listened to the entire song with headphones, you'll see what I mean. :)

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:28 am

tanthalas wrote:Once you've listened to the entire song with headphones, you'll see what I mean. :)

... okay, so I did. I still don't get it... -confusion-. Is it just the way it sounds? Or is there some.. hidden message? O:

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:39 am

roofboy179 wrote:... okay, so I did. I still don't get it... -confusion-. Is it just the way it sounds? Or is there some.. hidden message? O:

The bridge at the end totally sent chills down my spine when I heard it the first time. Listening with speakers doesn't have nearly the same effect, because you don't get the same experience of feeling like one of the voices (the one to the right, in this case) is coming from directly behind you.

And of course if you want a much more pronounced experience, you really need to try out this link with headphones. It's one of the craziest things ever:
http://www.holophonic.ch/archivio/testa ... phonic.mp3

The song itself has grown a lot on me too. It's a really beautiful love song in disguise. It's also really apropos that St. Stephen's cathedral is in Vienna. :)

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:53 am

tanthalas wrote:
roofboy179 wrote:... okay, so I did. I still don't get it... -confusion-. Is it just the way it sounds? Or is there some.. hidden message? O:

The bridge at the end totally sent chills down my spine when I heard it the first time. Listening with speakers doesn't have nearly the same effect, because you don't get the same experience of feeling like one of the voices (the one to the right, in this case) is coming from directly behind you.

And of course if you want a much more pronounced experience, you really need to try out this link with headphones. It's one of the craziest things ever:
http://www.holophonic.ch/archivio/testa ... phonic.mp3

The song itself has grown a lot on me too. It's a really beautiful love song in disguise. It's also really apropos that St. Stephen's cathedral is in Vienna. :)

... Ooooookay, that link, not exactly the best thing to listen to late at night when you're alone..

I <i>did</i> notice the whole... choir-liek part in the bridges/ending. And they were eerily comforting... which is kind of an oxymoron. xD

Elmira
Warm Stranger

Postby Elmira » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:52 am

Antebellum and No Gringo. I would also like to hear "In Another Life" for the lyrical content (reading the lyrics is a tearjerker by the third stanza). Does anyone have a recording of it I can enjoy for the time being?
I believe in airplanes.

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:33 am

Elmira wrote:Antebellum and No Gringo. I would also like to hear "In Another Life" for the lyrical content (reading the lyrics is a tearjerker by the third stanza). Does anyone have a recording of it I can enjoy for the time being?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... d=95567842

That was released in October, enjoy!!

Samantha
Cool Stranger

Postby Samantha » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:18 pm

Here are my favourite tracks so far:

The Last Snowfall
Antebellum
Grandmother Song
Radio

I think I really need to listen more carefully to some of the new tracks I've never heard before, but everytime I get to the second half of the album, it's usually late and I'm sleepy and brain is already switched off. XD

Aschefeder
Cool Stranger

Postby Aschefeder » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Inland Territory was released here only a few days ago, and I haven't had much time since then, but from what I have heard so far, I currently really like "Augustine", "White Light" and "Antebellum". This will probably change over the time, since there also seem to be some (even though not as much as in Dreaming Through the Noise) "harder accessible" tracks which need to "sink in" a while. I hope people will understand what I mean with that.

But I will also have to check the lyrics more deeply, I listened to the songs while doing other things, paying not that much attention to them.

Folkfan
Warm Stranger

Favorites

Postby Folkfan » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:36 am

I was lucky enough to catch the preview of Inland Territory, while it was up; now, I can't wait to get the CD and hear them live!!!! Like DTTN, I think the songs on IT will take some time to infuse. Perhaps "infuse" sounds like a weird description, so I looked up the definition...this one rings the truest for me..."to steep, as tea, to extract certain qualities". My favorite songs may change over time and repeated play......So for right now....my top 3 are:
1. Augustine
2. Last Snowfall
3. No Gringo

but then again......Kansas is pretty amazing...and then there's Stray Italian Greyhound...

Return to “The Cafe”