Anyone going to the Cafe Vivaldi show?

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

tanthalas
Tengster

Anyone going to the Cafe Vivaldi show?

Postby tanthalas » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:09 pm

I just bought tickets even though I doubt I'll be able to make it in person. At the very least, I'll have made a donation and also will be able to snag the goodies package that comes with it. Now I just need to figure out how to pick up the goodies package without actually being there. :D

micro
Hot Stranger

Postby micro » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:54 am

Not going on the 12th (sold out!) but turns out, woot!, the 15th is much more doable anyway. :D

As for the goodies, we're guessing they will probably have to be sent to everyone post-show anyway (unless it's going to be edited and duplicated on the spot) but I don't think the food will travel too well :roll: alternatively we'll be more than willing to take your place and pass along the goodies to you. :twisted:

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:26 pm

micro wrote:Not going on the 12th (sold out!) but turns out, woot!, the 15th is much more doable anyway. :D

As for the goodies, we're guessing they will probably have to be sent to everyone post-show anyway (unless it's going to be edited and duplicated on the spot) but I don't think the food will travel too well :roll: alternatively we'll be more than willing to take your place and pass along the goodies to you. :twisted:

Haha, darn! And I was so hoping to get some East Coast food shipped over here! I should clearly call the Cafe to see if they deliver. Thanks for the offer though - I may very well end up taking you up on it. I suppose getting a free dinner+show in exchange isn't a terrible bargain though. :D

I'm still trying to figure out if I can make it or not. Plane tickets aren't so cheap these days and I haven't found a place to crash yet. The timing of this show reminds me of 2 years ago, except now I'd be traveling from West to East instead of East to West! (Which reminds me, I still need to give V a hard time for moving to NY *after* I move back to California from Boston... *grumble grumble*)

CandaceC
Hot Stranger

Postby CandaceC » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:23 am

I'll be there Thursday, so if I can help with anything, mailing, what have you, let me know :D

micro
Hot Stranger

Postby micro » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:57 am

Here's the link for those who are curious but haven't found it yet on the Caffe Vivaldi site. (Oh, and sign up for the mailing list.)

Digital
Hot Stranger

Postby Digital » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:19 am

I've got tickets both nights, and just finished booking my airfare and hotel. I haven't been to NYC since 2001, so it should be an interesting time. Anyone interested in getting together Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

micro
Hot Stranger

Postby micro » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:33 am

For those who missed out on the first two shows, Vienna and Alex are considering a third one on Wed. the 25th. See this page and send them an email if you are interested.

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:38 am

Alright it looks pretty certain I can't make the Feb 12th show. If anyone would like a free dinner + ticket to the show, let me know. In return, I ask that you relay the concert gifts back to me (if they hand them out that evening). Please drop me a PM if you can do this.

Thanks!

Linus
Cool Stranger

Postby Linus » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:55 pm

I'm from Frankfurt, Germany and will be in New York for 4 days to see the show on the 15th

If there is any of you meeting up before the show, i'd be happy to join

Digital
Hot Stranger

Postby Digital » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:06 am

Linus,

It was great to meet you at the show last night. Sorry we didn't coordinate things before. I ended up spending the day at the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island before heading over to the cafe. And then I had to book it out of there to get some sleep. I think I got about 3 1/2 hours last night. I should sleep good tonight. if you come back to the US again for another round of shows, let me know.

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:08 am

Linus wrote:I'm from Frankfurt, Germany and will be in New York for 4 days to see the show on the 15th

Hi Linus,
Is it your fist time to a VT show ?
Did you take a plane from Germany to USA just for a VT show event ?

Hope to read more from you in the VT forum.

Have a nice day,
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Linus
Cool Stranger

Postby Linus » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:16 pm

I hope i will be able to make it to the US again this year, but not in the next few months. Not sure if it will be New York again or Bay Area (maybe both, who knows), but definately connected to some VT-Shows. Would be cool if we could meet again.

@WS:
No, that wasn´t my first VT show, seen her the first time on 16 Oct 2007 in Darmstadt, Germany and 7 shows since then, including the 2008 showcase in Berlin.

I´ve never been to NY before, so the Caffe Vivaldi Benefit came in quite handy, but i have to say, being a fan surely gets me around.

Just landed today and been awake for 32+ hours now, so i think i should go to bed now.

Just throwing that pic out here, taken from Brooklyn Bridge

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:55 pm

Linus wrote:Just throwing that pic out here, taken from Brooklyn Bridge

Hi Linus,
Waaahouh, the pic is great !
Unless you have Spiderman-like power, how did you get there ???
I know there are a lot of FAN-tastic VT forumites here (sorry I've only managed to visit half of the VT forumites websites till now) who are gifted like Cynthia Wang playing guitar as easily like breathing normally, the Multitaskman Alex Wong like a musical Spiderman too....

It recalls me of an ex-colleague I met and discovered she is also a singer, she said something like that : "Everybody has at least one talent, it's up to us to discover it/them" ... ;)
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

shawn
Hot Stranger

Postby shawn » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:31 pm

Walking Stranger wrote:Hi Linus,
Waaahouh, the pic is great !
Unless you have Spiderman-like power, how did you get there ???

No Spiderman (or lawbreaking) talents required. That's the view from the promenade (walking deck) of the Brooklyn Bridge, which sits above the road deck. As you walk across, all the cars pass beneath you, and the steel structure that arches over the cars is below you as well. It's pretty neat. I've walked it during daylight hours, but never at night, as Linus' picture shows.

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:11 pm

shawn wrote:No Spiderman (or lawbreaking) talents required. That's the view from the promenade (walking deck) of the Brooklyn Bridge, which sits above the road deck. As you walk across, all the cars pass beneath you, and the steel structure that arches over the cars is below you as well. It's pretty neat. I've walked it during daylight hours, but never at night, as Linus' picture shows.

Thanks shawn,
I've never been in NY walking outside, just stuck once at the JFK airport missing one flight because in London Heathrow they checked our luggage and requested we went put the bag of my mum's medecine somewhere as she had too much in her little bag and we walked, walked and walked and the plane took off without us !....
I was like "In The Mood For Kill Bill" style at that time, no good memory kept of gate checking in LHW airport for missing a flight and slept at London ... nor in JFK airport with the finger print and picture, plus had to stay one night at a hotel - out of scope of support of the airplane insurance and had to pay the additional fees for a next plane... Grrrrrrrr....
This reminds me of Paul Hipp's poem "Passport Gate" (discovered this artist when reading one of Ang Mo's posts)...

Return to “The Cafe”