Happy New Year 2009 !

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Happy New Year 2009 !

Postby Walking Stranger » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:13 am

Happy New Year 2009 !
All the Best Wishes for 2009 : HEALTH, JOY, SOLIDARITY and FIGHT for your DREAMS !

original size of picture is here

WS from France ;)
Last edited by Walking Stranger on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

byranbu
Warm Stranger

Happy New Year

Postby byranbu » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:51 am

Let's all make it a Happy New Year, wishing and hoping doesn't seem to be accomplishing much.

byranbu
myspace.com/hbkake Be my friend

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Re: Happy New Year

Postby Walking Stranger » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:14 am

byranbu wrote:Let's all make it a Happy New Year, wishing and hoping doesn't seem to be accomplishing much.

byranbu

Enjoy the New Year 2009 then !

It's around 4AM for me...good night !
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Samantha
Cool Stranger

Postby Samantha » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:03 am

One reason why 2009 is going to be utterly awesome: the release of Vienna's fourth album! :D

Happy new year, everyone!

eirlys
Warm Stranger

Postby eirlys » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:52 pm

WS, did you paint that? It's amazing =)

Happy New Year! It still doesn't feel like '09 yet, but I guess it just takes getting used to.

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:43 pm

eirlys wrote:WS, did you paint that? It's amazing =)

Hi Eirlys,
This is a collective painting in Cravirola .

I met splendid people in this participative camp in mid July 2008. People come there during summer camping and suggest activities that they can teach or share their experience :
- a comedian from Belgium taught how to be conscious of the body and of the space, improvisation in acting, writing in groups, others would teach how to make jam, how to recycle your old cotton clothes with colorful Indian designs from wood pieces using special paint and an ironer, a journalist suggest to walk to the dolmens, to take picture and to write poems afterwards, other offers activities like how to sew clothes and how to create hammock - BTW I did enjoy sleeping among trees and sunshine ;) ...
- a circus school from Paris get there for summer training and gave us a show.
- we could also help in the farm, giving grass in a place where wild cows could come and eat, going to the market to sell cheese and cheese cake and sticking posters about cultural events like concerts with several music bands or theater bands, creating a dry toilet, singing session, help to fix bicyles, unsewing circus curtains and taking off old broken ropes to put new ones etc.
- a painter, Claudine did prepare the canvas with wood pieces and a piece of white fabrics from her van.

During the first painting session, children and grown-ups took part to the painting. During the second painting session, Claudine suggests to first use only two basic colours so as to lighten the painting done from the day before : white and black.
As I missed the first session, I took part to the second painting session, and another woman painter - I forgot her name but there is something like a letter d and o in her name - joined us and understood Claudine why she felt the need to take care of the painting again, then other people also took part later on, among them a boy who put another layer of white paint for the white lines I did before.
The mother and child are Claudine's part.
When I started painting with the white question mark shape linking two dots Claudine told me that she felt something like a relieved feeling - I did not understand why as I am not a painter myself and was sure there still are things I am not aware of.
Then from a red star I turned it into a bigger white shape, then linked it with a white wavy shape to another question mark shape, then continued to link this one to a cell shape that was already there from the first session - at that time I was reading a book : "The Cosmic Serpent: DNA and the Origins of Knowledge - Jeremy Narby", hence the wavy stuff.
From a black square - I was told it was created initially by a teenage boy - I put a bigger white square next to it and then another outer white square crossed by a white line, then linked that cross-roads line to the cell shape surrounding the sunny orange shape and turned the shape of the crossing line into a heart shape to the limit of the painting, with a kind of open square in black inside the bigger square.
Then from the white star, I tried to create a fish symbol and add a white dot inside its tail, linked then the fish shape to the star and continued the black line contrasting with the white wavy line and finished it to link it to the white cell shape. It turned out to be something like a black head-fish-like-snake shape.
Then I tried to add another fish symbol in white color, well anyway, the white one seems to have big eyes or two tails instead of one tail and the head looks like being divided into two lines one touching the cell shape and the other line going out of the painting.
The other woman painter put some earth mixed in the painting, maybe somewhere like at the base of the blue tree shape, making the big sun more vivid, adding symbols, colors or links. Other people added something into this painting too.
So, that's the long story about this collective painting in Cravirola.
Last edited by Walking Stranger on Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:08 pm, edited 10 times in total.

eirlys
Warm Stranger

Postby eirlys » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:46 pm

You dreamed long, but not too much :wink: Sounds like a great experience with other people.

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:31 pm

[EDIT] I've found out that my little attempt to paint the white fish symbol looks like this icon :
which is an icon previously inspired by Ugaritic Alphabet ...

Return to “The Cafe”