Inland Territory - Tentative Album Title

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

jamatthews
Cool Stranger

Inland Territory - Tentative Album Title

Postby jamatthews » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:02 pm

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/articles/2008/12/05/in_new_territory_teng_travels_inward/

For the Passim gigs, Teng says she'll be introducing several new songs from her upcoming album, tentatively titled "Inland Territory." Working with Alex Wong as her producer, she's developed three distinct modes of material, with each one entailing new challenges.

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Postby Reileen » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:36 pm

Ooooooh.

Thanks for posting the article!
"You've made us swear our souls to you
And blamed us for your poisoned grace."

Reileen van Kaile
http://www.voxgraphicastudio.com

eirlys
Warm Stranger

Postby eirlys » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:02 am

I know this may be slightly dorky to say, but her picture looks like film noir to me, very stylish! And the album title has a nice ring to it, even if it may not be kept. It's still nice to know the in-the-works titles anyway. :lol:

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:31 pm

"Inland Territory" is actually pretty genius x] I like it. This article is pretty genius. I like it a lot xD Plus the way that they described the kinds of songs... One set about romance as a metaphor. Another as political issues. And another about her own upbringing. I cant wait!

P.S.: Sorry. I had to use a period whenever i needed a comma. My comma key is broken x]

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Postby Reileen » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:52 pm

roofboy179 wrote:P.S.: Sorry. I had to use a period whenever i needed a comma. My comma key is broken x]

Your keyboard's gone into a comma?

*runs!*
"You've made us swear our souls to you
And blamed us for your poisoned grace."

Reileen van Kaile

http://www.voxgraphicastudio.com

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:57 am

eirlys wrote:I know this may be slightly dorky to say, but her picture looks like film noir to me, very stylish! And the album title has a nice ring to it, even if it may not be kept. It's still nice to know the in-the-works titles anyway. :lol:

You don't sound dorky at all, Eirlys. Matter of fact, I'm seeing a bit of fifties-era European Cinema influence in that shot. Either way, though, great photo, one of the best non-Klaorman photos of her I've seen.

Like Micro and a few others, I was holding out for "In Another Life" as the album title. But "Inland Territory" is a fine choice.

I'm really looking forward to her 12/13 show in SF. Hope to see as many of you as possible!

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:47 am

hmmmmm..........Inland Territory.........does not sound close to anything I came up with..........................................but I am not bitter............seems like the new album titles always come up when I am away from my computer for a few days.

I ate at this wonderful restaurant called Pambiche. http://www.pambiche.com Needless to say, the food was incredible and that Cuban/Latin woman that served the meal was so knowledgeable of the cuisine and so incredibly hot that I have now fallen in love........at least for this week with her...................two words to describe her in Spanish..............Ojo Caliente.........insert your own purring sound after saying that........the only major hitch for me to overcome is to introduce to her the idea of serving diet coke in the restaurant. They don't serve any American soda's at all. You can get a coconut soda, a pineapple soda, or you can order some booze I think. I guess the next time I could just bring a giant diet coke in a paper bag and sneak drink it on the side.........

Inland Territory Interesting title indeed.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:44 am

Tsk Tsk, Mr. Chairman. I thought you were supposed to cut back on the Diet Coke. You owe it to us, after all. We want you with us for a good long time. Best bet - ask your waitress for a beverage recommendation.

But on the other hand, I suppose I can relate. I'm trying to cut back on my caffeine intake. Yet there is this Latina woman who works at a coffee kiosk in San Rafael. Muy Caliente. Somehow I feel as if I'm wimping out in her presence if I order a decaf. The curse of Male Ego, I suppose ... :wink:

Back on topic: "In Another Life" just seems so right as the album title. Vienna truly is in another life. I thought of it the other night as I read Twitter entries by Rotkelchen and Reileen. They referenced Vienna's scrapbook entry of April, 2001, when she had just played her first gig after joining Cisco, and made all of eighteen dollars in tips. That was then. Gone are the days when she was the software engineer-turned-singer/songwriter. Now she is a singer/songwriter without qualification, and - my two cents - the most brilliant of our time. She is in another life, one she has earned.

Steve
Hot Stranger

Postby Steve » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:29 pm

Ang Mo wrote:two words to describe her in Spanish..............Ojo Caliente.........

So, did she just have one eye or was only one of them hot? (!)

shawn
Hot Stranger

Postby shawn » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:40 pm

So we have WH, WS, DTTN, and now... IT. Gotta love that acronym... 8)

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:22 am

So, did she just have one eye or was only one of them hot? (!)

Well Steve, my poor Spanish is the problem. I thought I was saying she was a Hottie and instead I called her a Hot Eye. She has two eyes and she is absolutely stunning and charismatic.........

Yet there is this Latina woman who works at a coffee kiosk in San Rafael. Muy Caliente. Somehow I feel as if I'm wimping out in her presence if I order a decaf. The curse of Male Ego, I suppose ...

LoL!!! You can feel my pain.............
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Return to “The Cafe”