Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Scot
Tengster

So- what's Vienna doing in Argentina??!

Postby Scot » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:22 am

Anyone know? (via her last tweet.)

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

eirlys
Warm Stranger

Postby eirlys » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:58 pm

I saw that and wondered the exact same thing...Maybe it's always been her secret dream to go there? One of my friends is currently there doing missionary work...

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:50 am

Well, since she just finished the album, and goes out on the road early next month, I'd say it's vacation time, and why not Argentina?

Actually, it would be interesting, and not very surprising, if Vienna were down there researching the local music. Her affinity for Latin music seems pretty strong, judging by I Don't Feel So Well. It would be an interesting direction for her.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:40 am

I heard through the cantaloupe vine or maybe it was a grapevine that Vienna was performing in Evita down there. She could also be fishing down in Patagonia, maybe ice climbing, but I am sure it will help her come up with the name of the album title:Patagonia

That is my guess................................. :lol:
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

micro
Hot Stranger

Postby micro » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:01 am

Found while trying to clean up some computer files:

In a KBCS interview last year, Vienna and the interviewer discussed how Transcontinental, 1:30 a.m. was influenced by Brazilian and Argentinian music and in particular by Antonio Carlos Jobim.

The interview may still be online somewhere (it was around the time when Vienna opened for Madeline Peyroux).

micro
Hot Stranger

Postby micro » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:43 pm

For those who don't follow twitter, the latest post and a babelfish translation or, if you prefer, a google translation.

mes70
Cool Stranger

Re: Argentina Trip

Postby mes70 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:25 am

If you had not already heard, Vienna was in Argentina working for Habitat for Humanity. She mentioned it in her concert last night here in Cambridge, MA.

Return to “The Cafe”