Vienna Announces Release Date...

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:38 am

Is she saying "No Gringo, no Gringo aqui" in No Gringo? Because thats what it sounds like. Im sorry if this is useless. But its nagging at my mind :P

Luminosity
Warm Stranger

Postby Luminosity » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:47 am

Inland Territory just made me cry.

It happened somewhere between "Grandmother Song" and "Stray Italian Greyhound." I'm really not sure why.

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:40 pm

Okay.... I'm hearing radio friendly when I listen to White Light!

(similar to "Harbor")

Anyone else?

This is such great music! (as I expected) :D
Chris

eirlys
Warm Stranger

Postby eirlys » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:05 pm

the link doesn't lead to the album anymore...did they take it down already? Sad! =(

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:11 pm

roofboy179 wrote:Is she saying "No Gringo, no Gringo aqui" in No Gringo? Because thats what it sounds like. Im sorry if this is useless. But its nagging at my mind :P

Yes, that's what she's saying. The song is about Americans trying to smuggle across the Mexican border, and the Mexicans are saying "No foreigners here!"

It's up to your imagination as to why this is happening. I'm thinking it must have been some apocalyptic event in the US.

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:19 pm

eirlys wrote:the link doesn't lead to the album anymore...did they take it down already? Sad! =(

Looks like Vienna's latest tweet (twit? what's the right term?) explains it all.

D'oh!

hassutvarpaat
Cool Stranger

Postby hassutvarpaat » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:55 pm

tanthalas wrote:
eirlys wrote:the link doesn't lead to the album anymore...did they take it down already? Sad! =(

Looks like Vienna's latest tweet (twit? what's the right term?) explains it all.

D'oh!

Twitter. Yes it does, and you can thank me of that link removal thing, because I noticed, that the stream was downloadable with v.11 RealPlayer, and I told Rounder, and Vienna, that this made illegal distributing possible, and they chose to remove the stream jukebox and the link for it. :oops:

I think that we don´t want free copies of Inland Territory to spread through peer to peer networks, so that Vienna couldn´t get any income for making the record. :roll:

You can kill me if yoy want, but I hope that you can see it the way I see it, to be fair for Vienna and her career as excellent musician and composer. :wink:

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:25 pm

hassutvarpaat wrote:
tanthalas wrote:

D'oh!

Twitter. Yes it does, and you can thank me of that link removal thing, because I noticed, that the stream was downloadable with v.11 RealPlayer, and I told Rounder, and Vienna, that this made illegal distributing possible, and they chose to remove the stream jukebox and the link for it. :oops:

I think that we don´t want free copies of Inland Territory to spread through peer to peer networks, so that Vienna couldn´t get any income for making the record. :roll:

You can kill me if yoy want, but I hope that you can see it the way I see it, to be fair for Vienna and her career as excellent musician and composer. :wink:

Im sure that we don't mind x] Or, at least, I don't. It was quite a noble thing of you to do :P

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:30 am

hassutvarpaat wrote:Twitter. Yes it does, and you can thank me of that link removal thing, because I noticed, that the stream was downloadable with v.11 RealPlayer, and I told Rounder, and Vienna, that this made illegal distributing possible, and they chose to remove the stream jukebox and the link for it. :oops:

Heh that makes a lot of sense. I didn't realize it was so easy to download them with RealPlayer 11. Glad you caught it, actually!

In fairness though, any kind of streaming isn't really safe. In order for you to be able to listen to the music, your computer needs to download the song anyway. If all else fails, at the very least, people can use Audacity to record the music coming from their browsers and dump those into MP3s. (think of it as using a tape recorder to record what you hear on the radio)

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:39 am

tanthalas wrote:
hassutvarpaat wrote:Twitter. Yes it does, and you can thank me of that link removal thing, because I noticed, that the stream was downloadable with v.11 RealPlayer, and I told Rounder, and Vienna, that this made illegal distributing possible, and they chose to remove the stream jukebox and the link for it. :oops:

Heh that makes a lot of sense. I didn't realize it was so easy to download them with RealPlayer 11. Glad you caught it, actually!

In fairness though, any kind of streaming isn't really safe. In order for you to be able to listen to the music, your computer needs to download the song anyway. If all else fails, at the very least, people can use Audacity to record the music coming from their browsers and dump those into MP3s. (think of it as using a tape recorder to record what you hear on the radio)

Very true! But, hey, we can release bootlegs starting tomorrow, so those can hold us over until april, right?

Elmira
Warm Stranger

Postby Elmira » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:11 am

The clock on this forum says it's February 6 already XD

I'm listening to the 30 second clips. Antebellum sounds as good as I heard it in Seattle.
I believe in airplanes.

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:24 am

Aw, crap. I can understand why the link was taken down, but I didn't even have the chance to listen to the whole thing. I had only made it through the first three songs, as I was at work. ~sigh~ :(
Chris

eirlys
Warm Stranger

Postby eirlys » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:39 am

Aw, that's a good thing it was taken down though. I want Vienna to make money so she can have the necessities of life... like pianos and peanut butter. Or just general food and shelter, that's nice too.

CrazyOne
Warm Stranger

Postby CrazyOne » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:46 am

I started listening right away after I saw Vienna's tweet. Good to have headphones stashed at work. :-) So I got to listen to the whole thing. Fantastic, and now I see there's even a local show at Club Cafe wedged into the schedule on April 13 (still can't believe the return from Germany then the next day start doing more shows, yowch). We'll be there as usual.

I just enjoyed the sneak peek, wouldn't ever have bothered to try to download or record. I still like having the CD anyway. You know, it's amazing how few CDs I buy anymore compared to years passed. I have hundreds of CDs here. I think I bought zero in 2008, less than 5 in 2007 and probably less than 5 each of the last 5 years. I haven't replaced buying CDs with buying downloads (or stealing downloads), I've just replaced it with nothing. (Okay, I've bought a few downloads, but mostly with nothing.) The music companies can blame anything they like, but personally I find the real reason they're in the hole is that so much music they try to feed us is so much crap! So it's good to have a reason to buy good music every once in a while. :-)

Little things with early release seem par for the course. Back when Warm Strangers came out, the iTunes Store posted it a week early. I was able to buy it before they took it down. ;-) And I STILL bought the CD. I'm such a sucker for the old media....

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:08 am

I'm sure that most.. no, all of us would have liked to have the songs just to hold us over until the actual release date anyway. ;) There's no doubt that everyone here fully intends to buy the album when it comes out (or 2, or 10...).

Return to “The Cafe”