Vienna Announces Release Date...

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Kalenabear
Warm Stranger

Postby Kalenabear » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:16 am

Beautiful cover. Leaves me lost for words, really. I've just preordered the cd. Get here sooner, April 6!! Thanks for all the info, everyone! :)

eirlys
Warm Stranger

Postby eirlys » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:49 am

Gor-ge-ous cover, yes!...simple and elegant. Pre-order on Amazon?? *clicks madly*

byranbu
Warm Stranger

Postby byranbu » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:24 am

Has anyone heard what the difference between the European release and the American release will be besides the time of release? I have already preordered from amazon.de but I am wondering if there will be any content difference between the two. This is common practice to get people to buy a CD twice. I usually end up buying two or three copies of Vienna’s CDs without any differences, so getting something different would be nice
I have many different versions of Tori Amos EP’s because of different songs on overseas releases. I love Tori’s music but after awhile it started to look like her record company was just trying to milk as much money as it could out of her fans.
myspace.com/hbkake Be my friend

Digital
Hot Stranger

Postby Digital » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:50 am

Scot wrote:Actually, there's a shortage of shows out there with DTTN material due
to the relatively long time that existed when the material was being
performed before the album came out. So yes, please upload the current
shows when the new album comes out, but one thing we can all do now
is upload the DTTN song shows now - to at least give us some new
material to listen to while we wait!! :)
scot

I counted at least 20 shows on archive.org that appear to have at least one DTTN song included, probably more if I bothered to go farther back than 2006 (Blue Caravan first showed up in 2004). Considering there are only 70-odd shows on archive, that's a pretty good showing. Granted, there are a lot more shows that have been recorded that have never seen the light of day for one reason or another. I'm sitting on her performance at Ram's Head in Annapolis back in December because it'll be easier to release once the new album is out.

One of these days I'm sure we'll get a lot of the recordings out and available for people to enjoy.

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:26 am

Maybe - I'm just looking at my collection and 2006 is pretty low on discs which
I attributed to being pre-DTTN. The DTTN tour resulted in lots of recordings,
but then she started writing again (!!! :) and the supply dried up. I'm looking forward to the new album and the next round of recordings! :)

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:14 am

It has been a rough first part of the year. I have been sick, but am making progress towards getting my health back. I am sure I am not as bad off as a Whopper Virgin who discovers a most rigorous toilet session after the Burger King Whopper honeymoon is consumated.......

I look forward to this album. Sounds like we will get some real suprises in the tempo and setup of the songs. April is just around the corner since we are almost already into February.

I pray for warm weather and clear skies and a smooth and profitable reception to the new album.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:37 am

Hope you're feeling better and drinking Diet Coke again soon!
(Although I'd be happy to hear you kicked the DC habit, too- that stuff can't be good for you! :)
scot
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:38 am

Hope you're feeling better and drinking Diet Coke again soon!
(Although I'd be happy to hear you kicked the DC habit, too- that stuff can't be good for you!
scot

Thanks Scot, I am working on getting off the Diet Coke, it is a challenge, but at the moment I am drinking pomegranate juice. It is very good for you and full of vitamins and antioxidants. The only drawback is the price. Very expensive. I will have to develop a taste for water, but it is just so bland.

The new album is only a couple of months away. Time is picking up. Soon it will be time for Vienna to do another question and answer session :wink: I am thinking some up in advance...........
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:51 am

Sorry to hear you've been ill, Mr. Chairman. Do take good care of yourself, and stick with the pomegranate juice. I'd also heartily recommend cran-grape, the perfect blend of tart and sweet fruit juices. Almost like a fine wine.

Back on topic: I'm also eagerly looking forward to the new album. My goodness, April will be quite the month - new albums from both Vienna and Melody Gardot. April will not be the cruelest month this year. But waiting for it to arrive will be rather difficult.

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:43 pm

Ang Mo wrote:
but at the moment I am drinking pomegranate juice. It is very good for you and full of vitamins and antioxidants. The only drawback is the price. Very expensive.

Yeah, I love pomegranate juice, too, but don't get it very often because of
the price. But then again, I don't drink alcohol, and a cheap bottle of wine
is a bit more than bottle of Pom, so perhaps we should both just drink it
more often?! :)

Stay healthy, though.

s

micro
Hot Stranger

Postby micro » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:30 am

And that Amazon.de link now has the EPK video which is also here on Youtube :D

and there are presumably some audio clips here, but not really sure 'cause we refuse to install realplayer on our computer.

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:59 am

You can always use RealAlternative if you have a PC, and if you have a Mac, the Mac version of RealPlayer is actually really good.

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:30 am

Just ordered my copy from Amazon.de

I'll be pacing the floor for the next several days ... :)

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Postby Reileen » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:34 am

Does the German Amazon offer a downloadable version of the album too? Because I was thinking that I might just get the music to listen to right now and then order the actual thing when it comes out in the US. o_o;;
"You've made us swear our souls to you
And blamed us for your poisoned grace."

Reileen van Kaile
http://www.voxgraphicastudio.com

Kitsune
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby Kitsune » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:59 pm

Too excited for coherence! :shock: :lol:

Return to “The Cafe”