Eggs fried in Coconut Oil...................

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Ang Mo
Tengster

Eggs fried in Coconut Oil...................

Postby Ang Mo » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:56 am

I have discovered the blessings of eating eggs fried in Coconut Oil. Not only does your kitchen smell better, but I guarantee the eggs will taste better. Did I mention that pure virgin Coconut oil is very heart healthy for you as well. The only drawback is it costs and arm and a leg. I purchased mine at the local co-op since nobody else in town seemed to know what the stuff was. You can get it in Health Food Stores also. It is weird because it is a solid until it reaches a certain temperature (doesn't have to be overly hot to do this, and then it goes clear and liquid like.)

Anyhow it is worth the investment. I think Vienna should try it, it might help remind her to get to setting up that concert in Hawaii. :wink:
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Rotkehlchen
Warm Stranger

Postby Rotkehlchen » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:11 am

Ang Mo wrote:I have discovered the blessings of eating eggs fried in Coconut Oil.
[..]
I think Vienna should try it, it might help remind her to get to setting up that concert in Hawaii. :wink:

Is this your Idea of the Month this month?
Or have you something else up your sleeve? ;)
~ R

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:51 am

I guess this could be filed under "idea of the month", but it is also food related. :wink:
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Scot
Tengster

Re: Eggs fried in Coconut Oil...................

Postby Scot » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:43 am

Ang Mo wrote:
Anyhow it is worth the investment. I think Vienna should try it, it might help remind her to get to setting up that concert in Hawaii. :wink:

A departing (to the mainland) friend recently gave us some coconut oil.
I think I'll make some eggs with it and see if that helps bring Vienna out here!

I actually didn't know what to do with it, but OK - I'm game...!:)

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:24 am

>.> Youre right. It does cost an arm and a leg.. especially when you live where there are no coconuts ._.

But its worth it. It did make my kitchen smell... not so dirty kitchen-ey liek it usually is.

And tastes good to boot! XD

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:19 am

You can all become part of Vienna's Coconut Nation

I can see the t-shirt now in my mind:Vienna Teng visits her Coconut Nation or Coconut Nation or Husk. Lots of people in the audience wearing coconut shells as hats and other ornaments.....they might also wear colorful socks ......and bake her some cookies using the ingredient of Coconut Oil..........Peace and love the whole way. [/b]

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Ang Mo wrote:You can all become part of Vienna's Coconut Nation

I can see the t-shirt now in my mind:Vienna Teng visits her Coconut Nation or Coconut Nation or Husk. Lots of people in the audience wearing coconut shells as hats and other ornaments.....they might also wear colorful socks ......and bake her some cookies using the ingredient of Coconut Oil..........Peace and love the whole way. [/b]

Ang Mo is so full of ideas that I love. Coconut hats, here we come!

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:20 am

The oil works great with fish also. Even burgers taste better. Shocking, but true.

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:30 am

roofboy179 wrote:Ang Mo is so full of ideas that I love. Coconut hats, here we come!

Ahem ... that's CHAIRMAN MO to you, sonny ... :wink:

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:57 am

rahau wrote:
roofboy179 wrote:Ang Mo is so full of ideas that I love. Coconut hats, here we come!

Ahem ... that's CHAIRMAN MO to you, sonny ... :wink:

:O Excuse my ignorance, great one. I correct myself, Chairman Mo is full of so many ideas!!!

x3

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:55 am

I forgot to mention how wonderful that Banana Pancakes cooked in Coconut oil taste. It is so wonderful, words can't describe how miraculous it is. It is akin to a spiritual experience..............

CandaceC
Hot Stranger

Postby CandaceC » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:15 pm

We could also go for coconut shells as instruments (or horse-trotting-sounds).... It's a means of how to get around in the Coconut Nation!

ben
Getting Stranger

Postby ben » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:31 am

Anybody remember swallows carrying coconuts? :lol:
Always look on the bright side of life.

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:27 am

ben wrote:Anybody remember swallows carrying coconuts? :lol:

Was it a European swallow or an Abyssinian swallow? :wink:

Return to “The Cafe”