My idea of the month.

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sun May 04, 2008 7:13 am

Well Rahau, you get half of your wish and it seems that Vienna likes your ideas better then mine. :idea:

I just read a blurb on Odessa Chen's Myspace page. Here is her quote:

In other news, the talented (and also very nice) Vienna Teng has asked me to sing some background vocals for a song of her upcoming CD on Rounder Records.
I'm very excited that she asked me to participate and I can't wait to hear how everything turns out, the arrangement for the song she sent me is gorgeous. http://www.viennateng.com
Also check out her t-shirts with a heart and tree graphic that I designed.

So not only are you a big shot writer with published articles and a novel in the works, you also had your idea on the "idea of the month" come to semi fruition, now I will probably read here in the next few weeks how much Vienna loved your mushroom chicken recipe........but I am not jealous or bitter or full of resentment.................well, maybe a little........ :wink: :lol:
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Sun May 04, 2008 7:48 pm

Wow, that is exciting news. I've wanted to hear the two of them sing together again ever since the now-famous Feather Moon Duet at The Independent. I seriously doubt if my suggestion had anything to do with it, though. :wink:

For you Bay Area types - Odessa has a gig at Cafe Du Nord this Thursday, May 8.

By the way, Mr. Chairman - next time you're at Borders or Barnes and Noble, pick up the latest issue of Flight Journal and turn to the back page. You'll find something interesting ...

CandaceC
Hot Stranger

Postby CandaceC » Sun May 04, 2008 9:04 pm

It's okay, Mr. Chairman. We can wallow together. And eat cranberry pie.

Rahau is just special like that.

And mmmm, mushroom chicken.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Mon May 05, 2008 4:58 am

I will check out that lastest issue of Flight Magazine Rahau and I will dream of your cranberry pie Candace. Sounds healthy. Cranberries are good for the kidney's I hear.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Sat May 10, 2008 5:35 am

Good news, Mr. Chairman. It's official - you have no need to feel jealous or resentful. Last night, I chatted with Odessa before her gig. She said Vienna asked her to sing backup some time ago. My humble suggestion had nothing to do with it. As Dan Daniel used to say, "It came as no surprise to this reporter ... " :wink:

A note to those of you who live in the Pacific Northwest: Odessa has gigs in Seattle on June 1, and Portland on June 2. If you're anywhere close, try to catch her in concert. As wonderful as her CDs are, there is nothing quite like hearing her in person.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sat May 10, 2008 6:47 pm

Good news, Mr. Chairman. It's official - you have no need to feel jealous or resentful. Last night, I chatted with Odessa before her gig. She said Vienna asked her to sing backup some time ago. My humble suggestion had nothing to do with it. As Dan Daniel used to say, "It came as no surprise to this reporter ... "

Who is going to pay for the broken window caused by the chair I tossed when I was in a jealous rage???? :lol: :D I can't be held accountable for my actions. I'm crazy....................

On a serious note, I am looking forward to the new album.

ben
Getting Stranger

Postby ben » Wed May 14, 2008 10:46 am

Ang Mo wrote:Who is going to pay for the broken window caused by the chair I tossed when I was in a jealous rage???? :lol: :D I can't be held accountable for my actions. I'm crazy....................

Hmmm, can we just tie you to the chair first?

:lol:
Always look on the bright side of life.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Thu May 15, 2008 5:37 am

Hmmm, can we just tie you to the chair first?

I haven't felt this welcome since my last trip to the middle east where they let me warm my hands over a burning effigy of myself. :lol:

ben
Getting Stranger

Postby ben » Thu May 15, 2008 11:36 am

Ang Mo wrote:I haven't felt this welcome since my last trip to the middle east where they let me warm my hands over a burning effigy of myself. :lol:

Wow! That must be some warm welcome. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Always look on the bright side of life.

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:53 am

Begging The Chairman's indulgence, as I hijack his thread yet again. :) Here's an idea I've been kicking around for the past couple of years.

Critics of solar energy always say that in order for it to be effective, we would have to cover thousands of acres with solar panels. And that, they say, is simply not practical.

The fact is, we already have those thousands of acres we need. They're called "highway medians."

Here's how it would work. Right now, we're replacing the landscaping in the medians with low-maintenance concrete barriers. The ground-level view looks like this:

___^___

I propose installing two barriers, like this:

____^_____^______

In between the barriers, we mount the solar panels on platforms manufactured out of recycled plastic. The electricity is then fed into the high-tension wires we almost always see next to a highway.

The medians are already government property. There would be no expensive property acquisition, no ugly eminent domain lawsuits, and few, if any, environmental issues. (Offhand, I can't think of any wildlife habitats in the middle of highways.) Perform a cursory EIR, design the mounting platforms, and advertise the project. Pretty simple.

Take just one highway in Kahleefornia.* Interstate 5, which runs north and south from the Oregon border down to Mexico. Line just that one freeway with an almost unbroken string of solar panels, and then see how many coal-fired plants you can take off-line as a result. Follow up with the rest of the freeways. Pretty soon we're reducing our emissions by a healthy margin.

Any thoughts?

*That's the new official spelling, by the way ... :)

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:41 am

My only concern with the idea would be the threat of redneck behavior. Vandalism could be a distinct problem. If juvenile/yuppy larvae can somehow damage the panels they will do it. It does not make sense to the normal person to do something so reckless but rednecks and some juveniles can hardly wait to spoil the party for someone else.

My idea is not as clever but is fairly practical. Take a deep breath and listen to the idea:
Grow your own food, at least one item that you eat all the time. You can even garden out of box in an apartment building. If you supply your own food, then you cut down on the transportation costs so less oil is used, the food is healthier because you know that it was not injected with some steroid or preservative that will make your head swell up like Barry Bonds, and interestingly enough you are supplying oxygen to the atmosphere. Plus there is that reconnection to the earth which enables the person to embrace his or her "inner farmer/gardener" which actually can relieve stress and depression.

My other idea is that all fans donate a can of "Beets" to Vienna Teng. They are high in iron and will keep her healthy. My spider sense tells me that she needs more iron. I also think that if you give her the can of beets you also say the three magic words of Klaatu, Barrata, Nikto at the same time. Then bow and step to the right so others might have their chance do the same.......The mental picture of that makes me extremely happy. My dreams will be good tonight. :wink:

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:44 pm

Ang Mo wrote:My only concern with the idea would be the threat of redneck behavior. Vandalism could be a distinct problem. If juvenile/yuppy larvae can somehow damage the panels they will do it. It does not make sense to the normal person to do something so reckless but rednecks and some juveniles can hardly wait to spoil the party for someone else.

True - I don't know if it's going on in your area, but people are regularly
stealing highway lighting wires - for their scrap copper value. Imagine
the value of miles of photovoltaic cells! Although, I like the idea in principle!

My other idea is that all fans donate a can of "Beets" to Vienna Teng. They are high in iron and will keep her healthy. My spider sense tells me that she needs more iron. I also think that if you give her the can of beets you also say the three magic words of Klaatu, Barrata, Nikto at the same time. Then bow and step to the right so others might have their chance do the same.......The mental picture of that makes me extremely happy. My dreams will be good tonight. :wink:

Beets? Now that's just CRUEL! I'd never do that to Vienna! :)

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:34 am

Scot wrote:
Ang Mo wrote:My only concern with the idea would be the threat of redneck behavior. Vandalism could be a distinct problem. If juvenile/yuppy larvae can somehow damage the panels they will do it. It does not make sense to the normal person to do something so reckless but rednecks and some juveniles can hardly wait to spoil the party for someone else.

True - I don't know if it's going on in your area, but people are regularly
stealing highway lighting wires - for their scrap copper value. Imagine
the value of miles of photovoltaic cells! Although, I like the idea in principle.s

I already have that figured out. I would produce two public service announcements. One would feature XZibit of "Pimp My Ride" fame, telling people, "Don't Mess With The People's Power!" The other would feature Chris Crocker, tearfully pleading "Leave The Solar Panels ALONE!" :D

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:19 pm

Fuel efficient vehicles that look unique. This car in particular by Mitsubishi has some nice features and it is fuel efficient. Vienna would have fun driving this one to concerts:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable/ipod-on-wheels-mitsubishi-i-play-edition-174387.php

Mitsubishi should use Vienna to promote this vehicle for its United States debut that enables Apple technology to be used in the car. I think Vienna likes Apple products.

http://www.nihoncar.com/en/news-281-X.html

Very cool. It just can't tilt like a Carver but it does hold more people.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:19 am

After getting high speed internet I have now decided the album should be called:Socks and Pies after watching the interviews over at uncensored website.

Return to “The Cafe”