music video?

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:29 pm

Ang Mo wrote:There is a hot new picture of Vienna over at Mr. Cheng's site.
http://www.echeng.com/journal

She is sporting her new sporty sunglasses. Go check it out.
[/url]

Vienna: "Yo."

Eric: "What? a picture?"

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:50 am

Vienna might want to wear those shades on the next album. She always seems to be photographed from the side on an album so I think we need a straight on shot this time.

Of course she should go to my idea of the month thread or album cover thread, not sure if I made separate, and get that picture on the miracle staircase in Santa Fe wearing those shades. Very mysterious.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Rotkehlchen
Warm Stranger

Postby Rotkehlchen » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:23 am

Ang Mo wrote:Vienna might want to wear those shades on the next album. [..] I think we need a straight on shot this time.

Of course she should go to my [..] album cover thread [..] and get that picture on the miracle staircase in Santa Fe wearing those shades.
Very mysterious.

Found it! :) Here's your thread: My favorite ideas for the 4th album cover.

Whilst we're at it, let's remember that Vienna's 4th. album will need a title too, of course ;) .
~ R

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:10 am

Whilst we're at it, let's remember that Vienna's 4th. album will need a title too, of course .

Titles I like:

Chairman Mo's Dilemna (selfish of me, but I like it) :wink:

There is a better chance of the Pope moving the Vatican to Las Vegas than Vienna using that title.............damn. :lol:
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

terraphim86
Warm Stranger

Postby terraphim86 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:08 pm

Any word on this? It's been nearly nine months since the video was filmed. One of my friends had a baby this morning and she announced her pregnancy right around the same time that this video was made known.

micro
Hot Stranger

Postby micro » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:56 am

Some more news from Mark Johnson here:
Vienna Teng is in town to supervise the mixdown of her new album over in Sherman Oaks. She's invited us to swing by to audition some tracks and shoot some interview footage that will be used for a small "making-of" piece to accompany the "Gravity" video.

terraphim86
Warm Stranger

Postby terraphim86 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:31 pm

Any news on this? Does this video have a lot of post-production (special effects, things like that), or has it just been forgotten?

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:27 am

Perhaps Zoe/Rounder wants to coordinate release of the video with the new album. I could see releasing the video shortly before the album to whip up interest. (But then why make a video of Gravity instead of a song on the album? Well, I didn't major in marketing...)

terraphim86
Warm Stranger

Postby terraphim86 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:41 am

The whole thing just seems really strange to me. Unless a remastered version of "Gravity" (the concert version that goes from Lake to River, maybe?) is going to appear on the new album, and that is the version of the song on the video, it doesn't make sense that it is taking so long to be released.

I'm trying not to whine, really, but seriously, it's time. It's only 3+ minutes of footage. We wants it, precious!

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:23 am

terraphim86 wrote:The whole thing just seems really strange to me. Unless a remastered version of "Gravity" (the concert version that goes from Lake to River, maybe?) is going to appear on the new album, and that is the version of the song on the video, it doesn't make sense that it is taking so long to be released.

I'm trying not to whine, really, but seriously, it's time. It's only 3+ minutes of footage. We wants it, precious!

Well, i mean, it makes sense that they would release a little bit before the new album. Because it might spread, attracting new buyers. Or something. x]

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:45 pm

It should be sold as part of the new album. My take on this is that by doing so they can charge more for the album by incorporating a CD with the new material and the DVD so everyone can watch Vienna's video of Gravity. I am willing to pay for the extra cost and it would certainly intrigue people to make sure and buy the new album because of the bonus of getting a DVD of one of Vienna's songs. I think that would be fantastic idea. I should have used this idea for "idea of the month".........................drats.............. :wink:

Rotkehlchen
Warm Stranger

Postby Rotkehlchen » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:00 pm

Vienna's complete Gravity video has been sighted on YouTube :D

[youtube=480,295,X8nypWKa_aU]Vienna Teng - Gravity (music video)[/youtube]

Vienna Teng Gravity - music video

Thanks, @werenolf / thinkoholic, for alerting us! :D

[edited 31.01 2009 to embed the video]
Last edited by Rotkehlchen on Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
~ R

eirlys
Warm Stranger

Postby eirlys » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:59 pm

Oh, my, this is so amazing and splendid and all that jazz...Love the dress, the piano, the guy, the lighthouse...Alas, the sound on my internet hasn't been working, so I had to play the song on windows media with it. All my other sound is working, just not on the net. Go figure. +5 to everyone that made it.

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:50 am

Yup, very Victorian/Gothic/romantic. What the guy was up to I have no clue (vampire, perhaps?). And I saw a windmill rather than a lighthouse, but no big deal (I know; picky, picky). I guess the strategy of a free release on the 'net is to drum up interest in advance of the album release, but that seems like a pretty expensive strategy. On the other hand, I suppose it could have leaked. Anyway, very nice to see it!
BTW I checked to see if it was on her Rounder pages; no. There are, however, broken links to her pictures on the main and bio pages, and a broken link on the video page, so her pages could be under construction at the moment.
Also went back to check the Fat Monster Films site. No news of a release there either--but there was a still of a lighthouse! So I had to watch the video a 4th time (sheer torture, I know!<wink>) to be sure, but still no lighthouse. Maybe they decided not to use it. Too cliche?
Last edited by Fred on Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eirlys
Warm Stranger

Postby eirlys » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:30 am

Oh, oh right. Definitely a windmill. Silly me, getting my coast items mixed up... :)

Return to “The Cafe”