music video?

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

eirlys
Warm Stranger

Postby eirlys » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:29 pm

That's right, it was at a library during the short hair days and I remember hearing that the My Medea person for the song was not very nice.

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:47 pm

eirlys wrote:That's right, it was at a library during the short hair days and I remember hearing that the My Medea person for the song was not very nice.

To quote Vienna, "Very beautiful, very powerful, but not always with your best interest in mind"

Or soemthing to that effect

Rotkehlchen
Warm Stranger

My Medea - short-haired YouTube + Reileen's video plans

Postby Rotkehlchen » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:59 pm

Reileen wrote:
roofboy179 wrote:
eirlys wrote:For My Medea, [..] I do remember watching this live performance on Youtube where Vienna is in a little room with people asking for requests. But I can't for the life of me remember where it was. :roll:

Was this back in here short-haired days?
Wasnt it sunnyvale california opr something?>

Yeah, I think she was at a library or something.
I think I know what video you're talking about, 'cause I have it on my computer as a reference for possibly covering My Medea once I get more talent. XD

Here's that YouTube video you're all talking about. It was posted there by someone called viennateng. ;)

[youtube=425,344,DSQbDdQbUWg]Vienna Teng - My Medea (Live Sunnyvale CA 03-23-2003)[/youtube]

Vienna Teng performs My Medea live from the Sunnyvale Public Library
      (Sunnyvale CA 03-23-2003)

Reileen wrote:I want to see a music video for My Medea.

Because ancient Greek temple settings + Vienna playing on a piano is clearly a combination made of the most awesome, epic WIN.

[My] additional idea for a My Medea video...
you've got one Vienna playing piano inside the center of a stone, open-sky labyrinth (the labyrinth talked about in the song)
and then a second Vienna wandering the labyrinth, looking for the center. 8D

(Yes, it's another Vienna-clone idea; it seems to suit her. Artists are always simultaneously inside and outside their work anyhow...)

Reileen, I want to see your My Medea video! It just has to be made some day!

This chilling crescendo of a song is one of my all-time favourites, reminiscent in its desperation of Schubert's Erlkönig and of his Gretchen am Spinnrad in the piano accompaniment.
~ R

eirlys
Warm Stranger

Postby eirlys » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:19 pm

Thank you for posting it! I love watching the early days performances :)

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Postby Reileen » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:43 pm

Inspired by the gift Rotkehlchen gave me over in the Schuba's Tavern thread...

If there's a music video for "In Another Life", it should be steampunk-themed, with all the different "lives" mentioned in the song (and others) shown on, like, a grainy film projector or something. And you could totally do something with a clock-and-gears motif to show the passing of time.
"You've made us swear our souls to you
And blamed us for your poisoned grace."

Reileen van Kaile
http://www.voxgraphicastudio.com

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:55 am

Reileen wrote:Inspired by the gift Rotkehlchen gave me over in the Schuba's Tavern thread...

If there's a music video for "In Another Life", it should be steampunk-themed, with all the different "lives" mentioned in the song (and others) shown on, like, a grainy film projector or something. And you could totally do something with a clock-and-gears motif to show the passing of time.

Vienna in various time periods? Thatd be cool.

At on offnote, and yes you can sue me for this, Which wallpaper didjya choose, Reileen? All of them were cool. XD

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Postby Reileen » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:02 pm

roofboy179 wrote:
Reileen wrote:Inspired by the gift Rotkehlchen gave me over in the Schuba's Tavern thread...

Vienna in various time periods? Thatd be cool.

At on offnote, and yes you can sue me for this, Which wallpaper didjya choose, Reileen? All of them were cool. XD

I ended up with this one: http://steampunkwallpaper.com/wp-conten ... t-over.jpg

Although yes, all of them were way cool. XD

Reileen van Kaile

Rotkehlchen
Warm Stranger

Postby Rotkehlchen » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:09 pm

Reileen wrote:I ended up with this one: http://steampunkwallpaper.com/wp-conten ... t-over.jpg
Although yes, all of them were way cool. XD

Glad you like my steamy link! ;)
~ R

micro
Hot Stranger

Postby micro » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:38 am

some recent news on the video posted in Aug. by Mark Johnson:

here
We submitted the final edit to the label this week so we should be able to post a link to it soon.

and here
We also heard from Rounder Records who advised that they are very close to finalizing their strategy for the release of the Vienna Teng music video we did. They said they are ecstatic with how it turned out and they want to discuss having us shoot a video for the album Vienna is in the studio recording now.

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Postby Reileen » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:03 am

We also heard from Rounder Records who advised that they are very close to finalizing their strategy for the release of the Vienna Teng music video we did. They said they are ecstatic with how it turned out and they want to discuss having us shoot a video for the album Vienna is in the studio recording now.

!!!

!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GODS, YES. YES, YES, A THOUSAND TIMES YES.

Reileen van Kaile

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:32 am

Reileen wrote:

!!!

!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GODS, YES. YES, YES, A THOUSAND TIMES YES.

Well, i second that exclamation!!!

terraphim86
Warm Stranger

Postby terraphim86 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:40 pm

Thank goodness for this news. It feels like we've been waiting for this video for a decade!

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:00 pm

Thank goodness for this news. It feels like we've been waiting for this video for a decade!

.....maybe even a decade and one :wink:

Oh wait, that's another Vienna song.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

terraphim86
Warm Stranger

Postby terraphim86 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:00 am

Ang Mo wrote:.....maybe even a decade and one :wink: .

Haha, you caught me in a blatant case of pun-feeding.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:40 am

There is a hot new picture of Vienna over at Mr. Cheng's site.
http://www.echeng.com/journal

She is sporting her new sporty sunglasses. Go check it out.
[/url]
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Return to “The Cafe”