music video?

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

peggylee
Howdy, Stranger!

music video?

Postby peggylee » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:42 am

Hi, I've adored your music for ages but, believe it or not, never even knew about your fan forum. I've been reading many of the questions and answers and think it is SO wonderful that you take the time to have this correspondence personally with your fans. So, thankyou!

Ok, my question. I think your songwriting is world class - seriously. I have figured out how to download videos from YouTube and have all of the ones I can find, but I just can't believe you don't have a professionally produced music video given how incredible your music is. I have purchased some Tori Amos and Fiona Apple videos but would MUCH rather be able to buy some of yours. I saw you have a DVD (which I intend to get) so maybe you could use some of the concert footage to make a music video that we could download ????

Michele
Strange

Re: music video?

Postby Michele » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:31 pm

peggylee wrote:I just can't believe you don't have a professionally produced music video given how incredible your music is.

Vienna announced at the Bazaar Cafe show that she will be filming a video. You can read about it and see the pitch video.

Crow
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby Crow » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:15 am

I am new to the forum and new to Ms. Teng's music, but believe I can add to the topic of a possible upcoming music video. Today while walking on a beach on Widbey Island near Seattle, I saw Vienna being recorded and filmed. She was sitting at a piano and there was a crew of approx 8 folks with boom microphones and video equipment. It looked really interesting and now I will have to learn more about her and her music.
They who sing pray twice

Klaorman
Getting Stranger

Postby Klaorman » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:13 am

Crow wrote:I am new to the forum and new to Ms. Teng's music, but believe I can add to the topic of a possible upcoming music video. Today while walking on a beach on Widbey Island near Seattle, I saw Vienna being recorded and filmed. She was sitting at a piano and there was a crew of approx 8 folks with boom microphones and video equipment. It looked really interesting and now I will have to learn more about her and her music.

Ah! So now we know what she's doing at Huckleberry Hill, as mentioned in the scrapbook. Lucky you for running across her shoot. Did you get any photos? :wink:
Klaorman

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:53 pm

Vienna announced at the Bazaar Cafe show that she will be filming a video. You can read about it and see the pitch video.

I like that. The backdrop used is perfect. This video will be successful. There are no pit-bulls or anyone fondling a couple of typhus plagued rats.
Makes you want to explore the Washington coastlines and check out some of those places. That old fashioned windmill is pretty cool.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:24 pm

Crow wrote:I am new to the forum and new to Ms. Teng's music, but believe I can add to the topic of a possible upcoming music video. Today while walking on a beach on Widbey Island near Seattle, I saw Vienna being recorded and filmed. She was sitting at a piano and there was a crew of approx 8 folks with boom microphones and video equipment. It looked really interesting and now I will have to learn more about her and her music.

Aha, very cool. Thanks for the report and welcome, Crow!

Let s know how you find Vienna's music. I'm betting you'll like it a lot! :)
s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

micro
Hot Stranger

Postby micro » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:26 pm

An entry on Fat Monster Films' blog has some more info and pics of the shoot.

Rotkehlchen
Warm Stranger

Postby Rotkehlchen » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:10 am

micro wrote:An entry on Fat Monster Films' blog has some more info and pics of the shoot.

On that second photo, Vienna looks f-r-o-z-e-n... :shock:

As
Scot wrote:Aha, very cool.

We're all looking forward to the resulting video that makes it all worthwhile.
~ R

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:40 am

Love those pictures. Got to love the ocean. Vienna in that fabulous dress playing an old fashioned antique piano. This video will be worth the effort and will be rewarding. Hopefully the editor won't be a jump cut fanatic. It worked in the movie The Limey, but jump cuts won't work here. This is really exciting. Excellent backdrop and setting.

Good thing they did not try to take the Piano down Oneonta Gorge (see my avatar) They would have died in the process. Only a mile from Multnomah Falls but you have to traverse a giant logjam with cruel nasty broken branch spikes that can impale you, then wade in waist deep water up to the falls. It is fun to do on a warm summer's day, but would be insane in wintertime.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

micro
Hot Stranger

Postby micro » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:29 am

And a final blog entry here. Looks like they've wrapped the shoot.

disjecta
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby disjecta » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:01 pm

I was Director of Photography for the video shoot and I wanted to say that Vienna was a pleasure to be with for the four days we worked together.

She is smart and funny and her endurance during the shoot, as cold and miserable as it sometimes was, was a testament to her absolute dedication. I can only hope that I am able to work with more people like her.

Vienna, thank you for making this such an easy job :D

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:42 am

Well said disjecta. I hope both Vienna and yourself profit greatly from this venture.

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:31 pm

How interesting that they've chosen to do this for Gravity, rather than a track off the most recent release.
Chris

Rotkehlchen
Warm Stranger

Postby Rotkehlchen » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:54 pm

cmooreNC wrote:How interesting that they've chosen to do this for Gravity, rather than a track off the most recent release.

Gravity is an all-time great, which Vienna has in the past recommended as a good introduction to her music.
(If I can find a link, I'll insert it later).

"All-time great" is a difficult expression because in no way would I want to suggest she has written only lesser works in the years since...
hope you know what I'm trying to say... :oops:

But Gravity is a remarkable song, and is the one which hooked me three years ago.
~ R

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:44 pm

Rotkehlchen wrote:But Gravity is a remarkable song, and is the one which hooked me three years ago.

I agree, it's a great song. But seeing as how music videos are generally made to promote the specific song they feature, I just find it an interesting choice. Maybe Rounder has specific intentions to re-release Gravity in some manner. I'm just guessing "out loud" here.
Chris

Return to “The Cafe”