It's Mr. Cheng's Birthday

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:35 pm

Belated Happy Birthday wishes, EC. And many more....
Chris

jacksongarden
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby jacksongarden » Tue May 20, 2008 2:18 pm

生日快乐,mr cheng~ :)

Luminosity
Warm Stranger

Postby Luminosity » Wed May 21, 2008 10:28 pm

CandaceC wrote:I'd type Happy Birthday in Chinese but I can't on my computer. x.x

Shen zhi kuai le, Eric!

(Ughhh, pinyin, it's been a while.)

Isn't it "shen ri kuai le"? :P Anyway, just so there's no confusion ... happy birthday!

CandaceC
Hot Stranger

Postby CandaceC » Wed May 21, 2008 11:40 pm

You're probably right. The last time I looked at anything pinyin was at least five years ago if not more. Plus, I could go on a giant rant about how I don't agree with everything about romanized pinyin and how I think it's completely ineffective as a method to beginning Chinese... XD

ben
Getting Stranger

Postby ben » Thu May 22, 2008 3:20 am

CandaceC wrote:...I don't agree with everything about romanized pinyin and how I think it's completely ineffective as a method to beginning Chinese... XD

Ditto, pinyin does sounded strange as to how the words were actually pronounced in Chinese.
Always look on the bright side of life.

Luminosity
Warm Stranger

Postby Luminosity » Thu May 22, 2008 4:11 am

But pinyin is my lifeline when it comes to reading Chinese! Because it's MOST LIKE ENGLISH. Haha I'm so whitewashed ...

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:17 am

Well it is already a few days past his birthday again. Time flies, the way things are going they are going to wheel my urn of ashes up to the front row so I can finally witness a Vienna Teng concert first hand or first ashes or whatever.........................
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Return to “The Cafe”