Q&A with Vienna, December 2007

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

dreaminghour
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby dreaminghour » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:24 am

Vienna wrote:
dreaminghour wrote:you're now working out of the NYC area, so any shows/gigs you do, will probably stay pretty local. These shows you do, will there be notices on this website about them? And, will there be notice about whether the shows are in bars for anyone 21 years old and older? And will the notice be in enough advance that people could take off from work?

Most New York venues are 21+, since they rely on alcohol sales to make the music-hosting part worthwhile. We'll try to email the list (well, just the people with NYC area zipcodes) about any all-ages shows, and make a note of it when we post dates on the tour page of this site. Generally the information on a show goes up as soon as it's 100% confirmed. Hope that helps!

That helps a lot! Thank you very much. I really appreciate it.

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:04 pm

Would anyone be willing to help index this Q&A so it could be easier to find stuff? PM me...it could be more than one person, and divided up too...

crebbydelights
Howdy, Stranger!

1st March questions

Postby crebbydelights » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:02 am

Hey Vienna!

(wow, there haven't been any questions since March? weird!)

Anyway, before I begin, thank you so much for your great music! You're like one of the only artists I listen to these days. I'm addicted :D

1) Choosing one song from each of your 3 albums so far, which are your favorite 3? Then out of those 3, which one is your most favorite? It's always inspiring to know which song the creator is most fond of in particular.

Thanks!
Favorite Vienna Teng songs at the moment: Between, My Medea, Mission Street, Recessional, Gravity, Harbor, Lullaby for a Stormy Night :)

Rotkehlchen
Warm Stranger

Postby Rotkehlchen » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:13 am

Welcome to the Forums, crebbydelights!

crebbydelights wrote:(wow, there haven't been any questions since March? weird!)

Not so weird, actually.

Vienna's Dec. 2007 Q&A was really long this time (6 weeks!), but she finally went offline on Fri Jan 11, 2008 in this post, where
Vienna wrote:So that's it until next time, folks. Thanks so much for hanging out with us, and thanks for caring about this music. See you soon, I hope...

If we're really lucky, she'll give us a new Q&A some time around Dec. 2008. ;)

crebbydelights wrote:Choosing one song from each of your 3 albums so far, which are your favorite 3?
Then out of those 3, which one is your most favorite?
It's always inspiring to know which song the creator is most fond of in particular.

You may find some answers if you browse through the old Q&A sessions.

I do remember Vienna once said she regarded Gravity as an excellent introduction to her music. But that was quite some time ago, so her answer might be different today.

crebbydelights wrote:Favorite Vienna Teng songs at the moment: Between, My Medea, Mission Street, Recessional, Gravity, Harbor, Lullaby for a Stormy Night

That's a good list. All of those are on my (rather long) Favourites list (except, so far, for Between)
~ R

crebbydelights
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby crebbydelights » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:43 am

^ thank you very much for the confirmation Rotkehlchen! And sorry for my ignorance. I was reading the first few pages of this forum instead of the last few, so I totally skipped that farewell message by Vienna :oops: I'll just have to wait around for the next one, sigh xD

and thanks for answering the question for me. Makes sense that she admires Gravity, it is quite an accomplishment.

And I actually just discovered her song "Between" a few days ago. (I have her Itunes songs, not the actual CD). Anyway, I've become addicted to the song, and can never get the chorus out of my head, so it is currently my "go to" song, haha.
Favorite Vienna Teng songs at the moment: Between, My Medea, Mission Street, Recessional, Gravity, Harbor, Lullaby for a Stormy Night :)

keys8279
Howdy, Stranger!

Re: Vienna imitation

Postby keys8279 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:20 am

Vienna wrote:
Here's Johnny wrote:Daniel mentioned playing covers of Vienna's music, and it reminded me of something. There's a video on youtube of a guy playing the album version of Gravity (instrumental only).

Check it out, Vienna. It's a nice tribute, with a bit of improv interspersed.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CeeFwCd3X0E

Oh, this makes me so happy. :)

Hey that's me!! :-) Glad you liked it!

Return to “The Cafe”