Welcome!

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Sat May 15, 2004 4:03 am

polly wrote: Hi Eric, that's very kind of you.
i think there should be internet access in hotel.

and i don't suggest you go to local internet cafes. i haven't found any good ones so far. :unsure:
my email address is teddylovesteddy@hotmail.com --->it's also my msn id.

:lol:

Hi Polly--
If for some reason you can't hook up with Eric, I'd be happy to send you Waking Hour and Warm Strangers, so just let me know if you need help there. :) ~Ginny
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

polly
Cool Stranger

Postby polly » Sat May 15, 2004 4:47 am

Ginny wrote: Hi Polly--
If for some reason you can't hook up with Eric, I'd be happy to send you Waking Hour and Warm Strangers, so just let me know if you need help there. :) ~Ginny

I'm so grateful.....
i'm thinking about getting some Chinese CDs for you in return. :rolleyes:
<b><span style='color:green'>-=Aijuswanaseing=- </span></b>

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Sat May 15, 2004 3:58 pm

polly wrote:
Ginny wrote: Hi Polly--

I'm so grateful.....
i'm thinking about getting some Chinese CDs for you in return. :rolleyes:

Hi Polly!
If you want me to buy Warm Strangers and Waking Hour for you, just send me an e-mail at PMOLT5@aol.com. :) You can send me your mailing address and I'll get them over the weekend and send them to you....:) By the way, I don't have any Chinese cds so that would be fun! ~Ginny
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

Eric
Getting Stranger

Postby Eric » Sat May 15, 2004 7:04 pm

Jack wrote: Eric, I am indeed jealous of your trip to Shaghai and envy your travel. Taking VT's CDs as gifts is a wonderful thought...do well, be safe and have fun. :D

Thanks, Jack. :) I'm going on a study-abroad program with my architecture school. We'll be looking at Chinese gardens and temples in Shanghai and Beijing, mostly. I'm pretty excited!

Polly, I'll probably bring a Soltruna version of Waking Hour, not the one you can get in stores here, so maybe Ginny can send you one of the regular versions if you want it? The Soltruna version has earlier versions of The Tower, Enough to Go By, and Gravity.

Hope to see you there!
- Eric Miller: occasional forum admin, occasional webmaster -

Jack
Warm Stranger

Postby Jack » Sat May 15, 2004 7:26 pm

Eric, now I am even MORE envious. <_< While in Beijing, do me a huge favor...please go see the CCTV Headquarters and tell me what you think of Koolhaas' design. :)
I told her I ain't so sure about this place<br>it's hard to play a gig in this town and keep a straight face---Shawn Mullins

polly
Cool Stranger

Postby polly » Sun May 16, 2004 3:22 am

now i'm even more excited :lol: :lol:

Grace
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby Grace » Sun May 16, 2004 5:50 am

PS

Forgot the easiest question-

Planning on stopping by Indiana? Hope so. Loved your show in Indy. How about coming to Purdue?

Grace

Jessi
Warm Stranger

Postby Jessi » Tue May 18, 2004 1:28 am

Eric,

FYI: The New York Times Magazine this week is devoted to garden architecture.

sheeba
Hot Stranger

Postby sheeba » Mon May 31, 2004 8:38 pm

Eric,

Is there any way to get a Soltruna version of Waking Hour?

Eric
Getting Stranger

Postby Eric » Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:56 pm

Jack wrote:Eric, now I am even MORE envious.  <_<  While in Beijing, do me a huge favor...please go see the CCTV Headquarters and tell me what you think of Koolhaas' design.  :)

Whew. I'm back now. An amazing, amazing trip. Super-awesome to meet Polly, too. :) Thanks for the CDs! Now that I'm back and have access to a CD player, I'll let you know how I like them.

Anyway, it looks like the CCTV building hasn't been finished yet. I didn't make it to the site, but it looks like it won't be finished until the 2008 Olympics. From the renderings available online, I kind of like it. What do you think?

I *did* catch glimpses of the stadium under construction near Tienanmen Square, and was in the Summer Palace a couple of days before they ran the 2004 Olympic torch though there.

Shanghai had some wacky, but very cool, architecture. "It's like the Jetsons" was a comment I heard more than once. We wound up meeting the president of one of the biggest design firms in China. And met the guys who designed a bunch of the landmark buildings. Including the Oriental Pearl Tower.

Anyway, I could go on and on ... I'll probably post some pictures on a website at some point. (I got a lot of pictures.) If anyone's interested in checking them out, I'll let you know where and when.

yay! :)

Eric
Getting Stranger

Postby Eric » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:00 pm

sheeba wrote: Eric,

Is there any way to get a Soltruna version of Waking Hour?

Hmm. I have very few left. I'm kind of torn about letting them go, although I know I shouldn't be stingy. :) Let me think about it?

Eric
Getting Stranger

Postby Eric » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:29 am

Eric wrote: Super-awesome to meet Polly, too. :) Thanks for the CDs! Now that I'm back and have access to a CD player, I'll let you know how I like them.

Okay. I'm now a Faye Wong fan. Thanks, Polly!

polly
Cool Stranger

Postby polly » Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:57 am

Eric wrote: Okay. I'm now a Faye Wong fan. Thanks, Polly!

i'm sooooo glad that you like her.
Thanks for the Soltruna version of Waking Hour, Eric!!!!!
it's fantastic~~ B)

Jack
Warm Stranger

Postby Jack » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:31 pm

Eric, please do post photos from you trip. As to the CCTV Building designed by Koolhaas, I have only seen the renderings, but it does look interesting...kind of similar to La Defense in Paris. I would love to ride Shaghai's maglev train. Anyway, glad you had a great time, most especially getting to meet Polly :D .
I told her I ain't so sure about this place<br>it's hard to play a gig in this town and keep a straight face---Shawn Mullins

ctakim
Warm Stranger

Postby ctakim » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:53 pm

Eric:

Welcome back from your trip abroad. Sounds like you had an outstanding time. Feel free to share your experiences on this board.

ctakim

Return to “The Cafe”