Welcome!

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:54 am

Ang Mo wrote:She really needs to go to Hawaii. She has been to most of the other states performing. It only seems fair that she visit the 50th state for a concert.

The Alaskan fans out there might have something to say in response, but I'm not going to disagree with you. :>

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:36 am

As sleepy as I am right now I surfed back and saw your post and can only say I hope she dresses warm if she goes to Alaska. I put some great parka ideas down for Mr. Cheng in a thread below. Those companies make women styles too. I kind of like the idea of her in that Eskimo style hooded jacket with the coyote fur with the large Hobbit eyes peering out in total curiosity. If her eyes were red, she could be a Jawa, only taller. (Sorry Star Wars thought) :wink:

Post a beautiful picture of Hawaii. Winter is terrible. I wish to see green trees, plants, sea, and surf. Only do it if you wish too. I have a habit of asking for things too much.
Last edited by Ang Mo on Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:56 am

Ang Mo wrote:Post a beautiful picture of Hawaii. Winter is terrible. I wish to see green trees, plants, sea, and surf. Only do it if you wish too. I have a habit of asking for things too much.

I don't think you ask for much at all, really! ;)

How's this one? If you count the trees and plants off in the distance, I think
I got everything (and then some) in there for you. :>

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Rotkehlchen
Warm Stranger

Postby Rotkehlchen » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:12 pm

Ang Mo wrote:She really needs to go to Hawaii.

@Scott:
I read here that (as of Dec 06, 2006) you've made it to less than 11 shows, so Vienna should definitely visit Hawaii.

A Keck Observatory dome would be an interesting venue with unusual acoustics appropriate for a slow Gravity (Lake) performance, and might attract the attention of parts of the world press still unfamiliar with Vienna's music.

If altitude is a problem, echeng could surely advise on suitable breathing equipment.
~ R

echoingstreetsigns
Cool Stranger

Postby echoingstreetsigns » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:19 pm

does anyone know when new tour dates will be up? i have never seen a show and am dying to, but i live in the middle of nowhere in texas and go to school in the middle of nowhere in vermont, so it will take a little planning...

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:05 pm

Rotkehlchen wrote:@Scott:
I read here that (as of Dec 06, 2006) you've made it to less than 11 shows, so Vienna should definitely visit Hawaii.

A Keck Observatory dome would be an interesting venue with unusual acoustics appropriate for a slow Gravity (Lake) performance, and might attract the attention of parts of the world press still unfamiliar with Vienna's music.

If altitude is a problem, echeng could surely advise on suitable breathing equipment.

Hey Red,

Vienna's been introduced to the New Mexican astronomy community, so
you're right, I suppose it's about time the Hawaiian community has the same
opportunity. ;>

Vienna on a grand piano on the Keck dome floor wearing an oxygen tank.
Love it! ;)

Of course that would mean she couldn't go diving for a day or two prior
to the show....

Cheers,

scot
oh yeah - # of shows, still less than 10, alas....

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:49 am

WoW!!! That is some photo Scot. Thank you so much. Is that Waipeo beach? So green, warm, tropical, clean, and everyone looks happy.
That should be a Christmas Card. Maybe when Vienna sees that photo she will be induced to go there as part of her "green" caravan concerts.

Absolutely stunning photo. Thanks again. I am cheered up now. :lol:
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:07 am

Yup- That's the beach down in Waipio valley.
Since a cheery chairman is better than a sleepy chairman, here're a couple more:
:)

We just hired a new project manager in our group who is moving from Boulder, CO. He says he is getting endless amounts of grief from random people when they find out where he's moving to. The current temperature in Boulder is 25 degrees - FAHRENHEIT! %:>

s

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:17 pm

Those are some more incredible pictures. Absolutely beautiful! The weather looks so perfect. A person could walk around in a t-shirt and shorts and be comfortable. Take in the sites, eat fresh Sushi, fruit, and pretty much enjoy life.

That Amy from Deep South needs to get Vienna booked over there. I just know she would have sell out concerts, plus it is so much warmer then New York.

This needs to happen!

Little Lost Hope
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby Little Lost Hope » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:00 pm

Hello everybody XD

To be honest, I can name exactly one song by Vienna (Lullabye for a Stormy Night), but adoring that one as I do, you can expect I'll be looking at all the rest.

Keep up the good work ^-^

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:27 am

Welcome to the boards Little Lost Hope and I hope you listen to the other Vienna songs also posted here and over at YouTube and other places that people know better here than I do.

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:14 am

Little Lost Hope wrote:Hello everybody XD

To be honest, I can name exactly one song by Vienna (Lullabye for a Stormy Night), but adoring that one as I do, you can expect I'll be looking at all the rest.

Keep up the good work ^-^

Indeed- welcome Little! Any connection between your
forum handle and the size of your type? :)

Let us know how you like the rest of Vienna's songs!

scot

Samantha
Cool Stranger

Postby Samantha » Mon May 05, 2008 3:58 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Samantha and I'm from Sydney, Australia (although I'm currently studying abroad in Japan). I've been listening to Vienna for about two years now, and am very into her songs. I don't really know why I didn't join this forum earlier, but I'm glad my current state of procrastination is doing me some good...

I look forward to appreciating Vienna with you folks, and to knowing all you lovely people!

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Mon May 05, 2008 4:24 pm

Hi, Samantha--
Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you here. Are you enjoying your time in Japan? ~Ginny
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Tue May 06, 2008 8:33 am

G'day Samantha. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu.

s

Return to “The Cafe”