Welcome!

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

asTarael
Cool Stranger

Postby asTarael » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:51 am

Hi everyone!
What an awesome site! I had the brilliant good luck to see Vienna last night at Border's in Palo Alto -- what a treat. My mom came along even though she'd never heard the music before, and she fell in love! I first found Vienna's music on amazon, where they have those little recommendation things ("if you liked this artist, you should also try..."). I heard Lullabye for a Stormy Night and bought the CD right away, and then was ecstatic when I saw she had another album coming out!
Anyway, it's fantastic to find a whole bunch of people who love Vienna's music...
Big hugs!
Tara

leikela
Cool Stranger

Postby leikela » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:02 am

i guess after 2 guest posts tonight, i should join. i've known vienna's music for about 2 hours, i say. i'm impressed. i love finding out about new artists. well, vienna's not new, but to me she is. and there seems to quite a few toronto fans as well. that's reassuring. anyway, i've been listening to the mp3s, and i really love them. and i was able to download the live ones, and that video clip from the forum. thank you! um...what else, i'm rachel, and 17, from canada. that about covers it. i'll be coming back for sure. this looks like a nice place to chat. oy, i'm part of way too many forums that i don't post at, but i will try to come back as often. well, i think this is the end. i'm a fan, and i'm proud. :lol:
Rachel

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:21 am

So how'd you make your "discovery" leikela?

scot
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

leikela
Cool Stranger

Postby leikela » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:46 am

Scot wrote: So how'd you make your "discovery" leikela?

scot

i made my "discovery" as you call it, lol. by the interview on asian avenue. i was helping my cousin with his page since he was new to the whole website thing in general. well, i don't have an account, but i just happened to see a banner, and decided to click on it. and viola, it was an interview with vienna.
Rachel

wolf
Cool Stranger

Postby wolf » Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:50 pm

Well, hello to everyone. This place is quite amazing. I just joined up recently after relizing that I was completly addicted to Ms. Teng's music. I found about her at a webcomic BB that I spend time on. Just wanted to encourage everyone to keep up the good work.

polly
Cool Stranger

Postby polly » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:49 am

HI everyone...i'm new here.
i love Vienna's songs. actually i have a lot of favourites...i'd like to share with you.

well i'm from china. Hi again to you all..

-polly-
<b><span style='color:green'>-=Aijuswanaseing=- </span></b>

Jack
Warm Stranger

Postby Jack » Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:23 pm

Polly, WELCOME to the forum and where in China are you? :)
I told her I ain't so sure about this place<br>it's hard to play a gig in this town and keep a straight face---Shawn Mullins

polly
Cool Stranger

Postby polly » Wed May 12, 2004 6:22 am

Jack wrote: Polly, WELCOME to the forum and where in China are you? :)

Hi Jack, right now i'm in Shanghai. Nice to meet you all :rolleyes:

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Wed May 12, 2004 12:53 pm

Hi Polly,
It's nice to see you here. :) How did you find out about Vienna's music in China? My friend, Myriam in Canada couldn't find Vienna's cds and ordered them from the US.... ~Ginny
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

Eric
Getting Stranger

Postby Eric » Wed May 12, 2004 4:42 pm

Hmm. I'm actually going to China next week. Shanghai, in fact. They say you should bring something from your country as a gift when you travel. Maybe I should take a few VT CDs? :)
- Eric Miller: occasional forum admin, occasional webmaster -

Jack
Warm Stranger

Postby Jack » Thu May 13, 2004 1:05 am

Eric, I am indeed jealous of your trip to Shaghai and envy your travel. Taking VT's CDs as gifts is a wonderful thought...do well, be safe and have fun. :D
I told her I ain't so sure about this place<br>it's hard to play a gig in this town and keep a straight face---Shawn Mullins

polly
Cool Stranger

Postby polly » Fri May 14, 2004 2:08 pm

Eric wrote: Hmm. I'm actually going to China next week. Shanghai, in fact. They say you should bring something from your country as a gift when you travel. Maybe I should take a few VT CDs? :)

:blink: :blink:

Welcome to Shanghai....
Last month a friend of mine came to shanghai from Denmark..and i took him to a CD market and well,,,harvest for him

Taking some VT's CDs is a lovely idea...i wish i could be one of the gift-receivers ^^

and TO Ginny--
we cannot get Vienna's CDs here. i just found her music on internet. and actually several friends of mine love her music. B) B)

tjkyon82
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby tjkyon82 » Fri May 14, 2004 3:10 pm

HI everyone ~

I just registered to this forum; however, I've been reading most of the postings for a while now! What can I say....I guess we all love Vienna and her music!!!!!

I think it's really cool how Vienna is taking time out of her busy life to answer questions from all of us - thank you soooo much Vienna :D

I remember seeing Vienna for the first time at downtown Rochester, Montage Grille to be exact. I remember this lady walking into the restaurant and heading towards the bathroom. I was accompanied by a few of my friends who were also interested in her music. I didn't know what to expect that night, but I've heard that she was really good! By the end of the night, I was totally captured by her music and the way she presented it to all of us!

Ever since then, I've been listening to Vienna's music. I, along with a bunch of my college friends, were blessed with the opportunity to hang out with Vienna at a local eatery after her performance. (I believe we are known as "Rochester") What an experience that was :)

I miss seeing Vienna live and making requests by the track number - "Track #10.......I think it's Eric's Song"

Eric
Getting Stranger

Postby Eric » Fri May 14, 2004 8:44 pm

polly wrote:Taking some VT's CDs is a lovely idea...i wish i could be one of the gift-receivers ^^

and TO Ginny--
we cannot get Vienna's CDs here. i just found her music on internet. and actually several friends of mine love her music. B)  B)

I'll presumably have no idea how to get around and I have no idea what my schedule will be like, but if you don't mind meeting me at our hotel or somewhere nearby, I could definitely bring you a couple.

Are there any internet cafes there? I could email you when I get there.
- Eric Miller: occasional forum admin, occasional webmaster -

polly
Cool Stranger

Postby polly » Sat May 15, 2004 3:16 am

Hi Eric, that's very kind of you.
i think there should be internet access in hotel.

and i don't suggest you go to local internet cafes. i haven't found any good ones so far. :unsure:
my email address is teddylovesteddy@hotmail.com --->it's also my msn id.

:lol:

Return to “The Cafe”