Welcome!

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

olivia
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby olivia » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:35 pm

hey, my name's olivia, i'm new here, but i've liked vienna for about a year or so. (or it could be closer to half a year, i'm not good at keeping track).
these forums are really different to the one i'm used to, but hopefully i'll figure it out soon enough. :) everyone seems quite friendly too.

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:39 pm

HI Olivia,

hopefully we're not too hard to figure out and we'll see more of you here and out there!

scot
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Hi, Olivia!
These forums are easier to navigate than some I've been on; I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. And the folks are ok. (Vienna has characterized us as "...Lovely...occasionally *strange*...sometimes exceedingly polite/sincere re: me...[and]...thoughtful...". Sounds a bit more wishy-washy than what I would want on my tombstone, but I guess it beats "vicious". :wink:) At some point, somebody is going to ask you how you discovered Vienna's music, so, how did you discover Vienna's music? :D

Amrai
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby Amrai » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:32 pm

Hi. New here. I thought I already joined but I guess not. Either way I lurked occasionally and now here I am. I've been a fan of Vienna for a while now and love her music (that much should be obvious, why would I be here otherwise?) :)

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:39 pm

Hi Amrai,
welcome! Hope you stick around and tell us more about yourself and what other music you like, etc....

scot
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

tomcos
Cool Stranger

Postby tomcos » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:25 am

New here too! I don't know why it took me so long to join. I've been a fan of Vienna Teng since the Letterman appearance, and I hope to double the number of shows I've seen (has been holding at 4 for the past few years) within the next two weeks. I've also become a big fan of Alex Wong and The Paper Raincoat as well. Hope to see some forum people at the upcoming NY area shows!

TC

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:24 pm

Welcome, TC!

You attending the live album shows in NYC?

s

tomcos
Cool Stranger

Postby tomcos » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:24 am

Yes, I'll be attending both shows. Will you be flying in from Hawaii for the big event?

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:42 am

On my way back from Brazil, actually... ;)

s

Linus
Cool Stranger

Postby Linus » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:52 pm

We should open a thread in "Performances" like

Who´s going to be @ Joe`s, Tarrytown etc...

and all meet before the show.

tomcos
Cool Stranger

Postby tomcos » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:43 pm

Scot wrote:On my way back from Brazil, actually... ;)

Looking forward to meeting you, Scot!

TC

Cooler Near The Lake
Cool Stranger

hi everybody!

Postby Cooler Near The Lake » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:27 pm

This is my first post at this forum.
I received my introduction to Vienna only about 4 months ago at a concert of lovely Alison Sudol aka A Fine Frenzy near Heilbronn, South Germany. My neighbors at that concert, a couple of Americans living temporarily in Germany, suggested me to check out Vienna Teng if I liked female singer-writers who combine beautiful music with intelligent lyrics. Well, I did - and fell rapidly and deeply in love with Vienna's music.
Surprisingly I found two of her studio albums (WH; DTTN) at a major electronics and media store in Dortmund (her CDs are a rare find here in Germany) and got the two others from Amazon. The live album should be on its way, and I attended two of her concerts in August. Now I'm happy to have found this community.
Just in case you're wondering about my nickname, it is a reference to the time I lived in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Locals will know this expression fairly well.

Keep cool!
sail your sea
meet your storm

Fred
Tengster

Re: hi everybody!

Postby Fred » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:49 pm

Cooler Near The Lake wrote:This is my first post at this forum.
I received my introduction to Vienna only about 4 months ago at a concert of lovely Alison Sudol aka A Fine Frenzy near Heilbronn, South Germany. My neighbors at that concert, a couple of Americans living temporarily in Germany, suggested me to check out Vienna Teng if I liked female singer-writers who combine beautiful music with intelligent lyrics. Well, I did - and fell rapidly and deeply in love with Vienna's music.
Surprisingly I found two of her studio albums (WH; DTTN) at a major electronics and media store in Dortmund (her CDs are a rare find here in Germany) and got the two others from Amazon. The live album should be on its way, and I attended two of her concerts in August. Now I'm happy to have found this community.
Just in case you're wondering about my nickname, it is a reference to the time I lived in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Locals will know this expression fairly well.

Keep cool!

Hi, Cooler Near The Lake! Welcome! I have not lived in Milwaukee but I have lived in the Midwest, so I get the idea. Good to have you with us.
Ain't praying for miracles, I'm just down on my knees
Listening for the song behind everything I think I know
And everything I think I know is just static on the radio.

aaparallel
Getting Stranger

Re: hi everybody!

Postby aaparallel » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:47 am

Cooler Near The Lake wrote:This is my first post at this forum.
Keep cool!

Hi Cooler! :lol:

Welcome to the forum. That's interesting that Vienna's CD's are hard to find in Germany, since she's seems to be pretty popular there and Inland Territory was released there first. Glad you were able to find her music.
"Drowning my pain in lemonade. . . Singing along to 'feelin' alright'"

Cooler Near The Lake
Cool Stranger

Postby Cooler Near The Lake » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:23 pm

Hi Fred and aaparallel,

thank you for your warm welcome.
Well, as of now Vienna can hardly be called popular here in Germany, and it would seem that knowledge of her and her music is generally limited to a rather small group of (enthusiastic) insiders. Air play on the radio is none or next to none, with the laudable exception of Cologne-based WDR2 who portrayed her before the Aug. 12 concert.
It looks like a lot of work remains to be done for Strangers and Tengsters to change that...

Keep cool! 8)
sail your sea

meet your storm

Return to “The Cafe”