Welcome!

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:46 pm

This way of talking to the audience and making jokes and fun of herself is what hooked me when I listened to her lives shows, human relationship is felt when listening to this kind of live shows than listening to simple released cd or samples.

As Mark Johnson from Fat Monster Films wrote about Gravity video making of on VT forum - 4th February 2009

FatMonsterFilms wrote: [...] allegorical [...] impressionistic treatment.

[...] the way we often come so close to reaching each other but accidents of geography, emotion or time prevent us from ever really touching.
[...] She reminds me of a passage from Herman Hesse's "Steppenwolf" in which he describes those very few artists who shine so bright that they illuminate the world the rest of us live in so that we have a whole new understanding of what it means to live.

Mark Johnson
Fat Monster Films
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Saekaeru
Cool Stranger

Postby Saekaeru » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:16 pm

Hi everyone!
New here, born and raised in the Netherlands! I'm 17 and have been a dedicated fan of Vienna for well over a year.
I was at Vienna's concert in Groningen (Oosterpoort) on 12 March, and it was awesome! (I just can't stop repeating how amazing it was - I'm driving my friends crazy).
It's really hard for me to pick a favorite VT song, I feel something and can relate to every song in some way. I currently only own Waking Hour, but I'm planning to buy more albums, starting with Inland Territory when it's released! ;)

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:03 am

Welcome Saekaeru !
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:52 am

Hi Saekaeru

you should be able to get Inland Territory now over in your part of the world.
Us poor folk on this side of the pond have to either wait or navigate amazon.de
to get it (or both!) :)

Welcome!

scot
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Saekaeru
Cool Stranger

Postby Saekaeru » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:43 pm

Thank you for the welcoming, Scot and Walking Stranger :wink:

Oh my, really? It's already released here? I actually happened to look around on some (dutch) sites to see when it was available. But I guess I looked on the wrong sites, cause they only had Vienna's old albums! Well then I better go shopping and look for it tomorrow then :oops:

Thanks for informing me! *feels dorky*

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:49 am

Saekaeru wrote:Thank you for the welcoming, Scot and Walking Stranger :wink:

Oh my, really? It's already released here?

Well - actually I'm not sure. I know I have a copy that I ordered through
amazon.de - so I know it has at least been released in Germany. I'm not sure about the rest of Europe, though.

Good luck! :)

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Dionesque
Cool Stranger

Postby Dionesque » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:17 pm

Welcome to this forum, Saekaeru! :)

Yeah, as far as I'm concerned, the new album is only released in Germany so far but it should be no problem for you to order it from www.amazon.de - that's where I ordered it too.
Anyways, there are all 4 albums available at the concerts so maybe you missed it in Groningen? In Münster you could buy all 4 albums before and after the concert and than after the show Vienna, Alex and Ward were signing the albums and other items. ;) It was really nice of them! <3
I don't know the prices because I already own all the albums and I had my albums' covers with me for the autographs. ;)

Are you going to any other concert of Vienna on this tour??
Originally I only planned to be in Münster but as I'm also driving my friends crazy by telling how amazing it is, I just decided to go to the concert in Cologne on Saturday too! :D Can't wait!!!

Best greetings! :D

amariyah_says
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby amariyah_says » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:43 am

Hi, everyone! I'm new here! I'm currently a student in Birmingham (Alabama, not the UK), and... I like long walks on the beach?? Oh, I'm so bad at introductions! What else should I say? :D

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:46 am

Welcome amariyah!

Maybe you can start by telling us how you found Vienna's music and what other music you listen to? :)

Hope to see you around.

scot

amariyah_says
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby amariyah_says » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:52 pm

*waves at Scot!*

Hmm, let's see - it's been such a long time! I think someone sent me MP3s of "Lullabye" and "Harbor" and said, you HAVE to listen to these! I did, and I was totally hooked, had to have more. :)

As for other music, I listen to pretty much anything except screamo death metal and 80s pop... but I'm a sucker for singer-songwriters with really thoughtful lyrics. Anyone ever heard of Jeffrey Foucault? He's folk-americana-blues, beautiful voice, and a lot of his lyrics are poetry put to music. That kind of thing is my absolute favorite!

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:45 pm

Adding another name to my list of artists to check out soon! :)

thanks

s

amariyah_says
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby amariyah_says » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:59 am

Yeah, if you need an MP3 or two (or three), let me know. :)

jaynev
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby jaynev » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:35 pm

Hey guys. I'm new here - hope to stay :)
Last edited by jaynev on Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:25 am

Hi, Jaynev! :D

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:01 am

Hi Jaynev - what was your introduction to Vienna and what other music do you listen to?
Hope to see you around!

scot

Return to “The Cafe”