Welcome!

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:23 am

Welcome youngsters Jon, and Connor! :)
And bonus points for jumping right in and submitting some setlists for me! :)
Thanks.
scot
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Connor
Cool Stranger

Postby Connor » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:25 am

Thanks for the welcome and no problem, always glad to help. :P

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Postby roofboy179 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:24 am

Scot wrote:Welcome youngsters Jon, and Connor! :)
And bonus points for jumping right in and submitting some setlists for me! :)
Thanks.
scot

I think I'm Jon..

so, Youre welcome. XD

Dante
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby Dante » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:35 am

Hello, everyone~ I'm Dante/Aaron (or dantaron on LJ), a friend of Reileen's and huge Vienna Teng fan, courtesy of the former's brainwashing and the latter's immense unchartable awesomeness. =3
I own Waking Hour and Warm Strangers (yet to get Dreaming Through the Noise), and my favourite Vienna song is probably Hope on Fire, but srsly there's no such thing as a bad/not favourite Vienna song so anyway yeah. xD

PS: I live in southern New Brunswick, Canada (Saint John to be precise), and although I doubt Vienna would ever come that far to such a relatively small town for a show, but if she did it would be whomg awesome.

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:36 am

Good day, Dante! How's it goin', eh? :)

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:03 am

Hi Dante/Aaron.

Between us and Reileen (and Vienna, of course) you've found
yourself some good company (myself excluded, of course ;). Welcome! :)

scot
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

dankitti
Howdy, Stranger!

new poster!

Postby dankitti » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:43 pm

I am new to this forum and new to the music of Vienna. That's always fun. I have been listening on Rhapsody and I have Vienna on my mp3 player. I also have Vienna desktop wallpaper. yayness.

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:14 am

Hi dankitti,

Welcome to the forum!
What other artists do you enjoy?

s

Dionesque
Cool Stranger

Postby Dionesque » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:57 pm

Hello! :)

I'm new here and quite new to Vienna's music too.
Actually I discovered her music somewhen last year as from time to time I'm doing a search for new music on YouTube/Amazon etc. and than buy some CDs... I don't have time to follow the music regularely and also I'm often tired with stuff played on the radio and I love to discover new music. So I was delighted to discover Vienna's music! Now I have all 4 albums of hers on CD and in my mp3 player but probably my most favourite is the first one, "Waking Hour" - so many touching songs that make me think of a lot of things and also bring tears into my eyes...

Some weeks ago I discovered that Vienna is coming to Germany in March and I already have my ticket for the show in Münster on 13th March. I sooo can't wait for this concert!!! :D It will be my first time experiencing Vienna live - I'm pretty curious if it will be possible to meet Vienna after the show? Would love to get my albums signed by her. ;)

To tell you a bit about myself, I'm 29, will turn 30 this October. I come from Warsaw in Poland but I moved to Germany in 2005 as I got married here. My husband is German and we have 3 years old daughter. :)
Music is probably the most important thing in my life, there is a wide range of artists that I admire and who inspire me - some are on my "faves' list" for maaany years, some are rather new on it - like Vienna - but all are very important to me! :)
Apart of music, I enjoy (audio)books, learning foreign languages, travelling, penpalling... There are really a lot of things that interest me... ;)

Since last year I'm also into taping but as I'm still rather new to this and not really experienced, I'm still trying to improve my skills and to gather hints. I taped a few shows last year (a few Céline Dion concerts in Europe and Canada) and some other gigs but as it has been always on stealthy modus, the recordings are not always brilliant. I only shared my Céline Dion recordings to folks on her international forum, other than that I'm not sharing my recordings anywhere. I'll try to tape Vienna's show and I'm glad about her taping policy - at least I won't get any bad feelings about it. ;)

I'm looking forward to chat here and get to know other people atracted with Vienna's music!

Is anyone of you going to any upcoming German shows, especially to the gig in Münster? ;)

Best greetings!

Barbara :)

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:31 pm

Welcome to the VT Forum Dionesque / Barbara !

I'm not sure if I could manage to go to one of the VT shows in Germany for March.

Anyway, there is a thread about Ginny's 7 questions as a humourous questionary for VT fans to better "know" each other so as to go beyond the virtual inter-space invisibility and avatar images of VT forumites - and to be more than "numbers" (Ang Mo would like this expression ;) ) :
here

BTW, is there any thread about dreams done by fans in the Céline Dion forum too like we do have here in Vienna Teng Forum ?

Hope to read more from you again and don't forget to share your show report to us, OK ?

Take care,

WS
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Dionesque
Cool Stranger

Postby Dionesque » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:45 pm

Coucou WS, merci pour ton message de bienvenue! ;)

OK, I better speak English as my French is still too poor... :( :(

Oh yesss, we have a thread about Céline-ish dreams in the forum, hehe! I'm not sure if I ever posted my dreams there but I deffinitely had a few myself over those 15 years of being dedicated fan of hers. ;)
I guess I'm not getting any dreams with her in them now, because last year I fullfilled many of my dreams - have seen her many times live and even met her in person!! :D So I don't have to dream anymore, hehe! ;)

As for Vienna, I haven't had any dream about her (yet?), maybe it will come when the concert will draw near and when I'll spend more time here in the forum, haha! ;)

I'll try to find a nice avatar for me, have to think of it... ;)

Sure, I can share my recording here if only it will turn out fine. But I don't want to promise much because I already had one situation when after the show I had to find out that my recording device went off and I had no recording at all... :S So just keep your fingers crossed for me, hehe! ;)

Apart of Vienna's concert, there's one more concert I'm already having ticket for: Fredrika Stahl in Köln (Cologne) on 8th March! :D She's also my quite recent discovery - anyone heard of her here? ;)

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:13 pm

Hey, your French is without a mistake !
In English I'm more at ease in writing and reading than in speaking English with my Frrrrench accent ;).

OK, so we are not such aliens when we post our dreams in Vienna Teng Forum, if you say that in other artists' forum, the fans also do the same ... We then have some common CRAZINESS then ... ;)

About technical stuffs, it depends if you have a kind of stick to stable your video camera so as to help you be more a listener to the live show than to be a technician.
I tell you that as once I came with a borrowed video camera for the first time to one of my numerous attendance to Jullian Angel's live shows in Paris, and not knowing how to deal with space I put the video camera in a corner but people felt embarrassed and it made them avoid the area I was in. So after a first party of the show done by a group called Polder, I knew I had to put the tech stuffs in a corner near the stage and did it. Jullian Angel came onstage and after some songs asked why people are not closer to him, he wondered by joking there was not a circle of fire coming from him, then people came closer.

So you have the dilemna, either you want to enjoy and BE INTO the live show and feel the good vibrations or you want to catch this event - if it is your first live concert I understand it is somewhat valuable for you to do so - but do not the same mistake as I did in the Vienna Teng Stuttgart show at BIX with a little digital camera I put on a table nor the big mistake with the whole so-called tech stick luggage I brought at Jullian Angel's live show.

About talking about attending to a show, there is a thread here called Performances so as you can post the set list. and here are Scot's thread about performances so as to help him to update his database with pictures and setlist

From my own experience - could not managed to record the whole show - I uploaded the pictures and videos recordings of the show I attended to Michele, posted a setlist to the Performance thread, share pics with Scot who with his Vienna Teng Fan Page inspired me to do mine too ;) with a review/report and only pictures no videos.

Inspiration, inspire creation ... musing with music ;)

Take care,

WS
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Dionesque
Cool Stranger

Postby Dionesque » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:34 pm

Thank you for your complimnt on my French... ;) But I still have to learn a LOT!... ;)

Hehe, don't worry - it's deffinitely nothing weird among fans to have dreams of their favourite artist! :) I know threads about dreams from forums of some other artists too so it's seems to be 'common' for all dedicated fans, no matter which artist it is about. ;)

Hmm... Actually I'm not talking about video filming the show. I haven't filmed any show and I'm not really interested in it. :) I much more prefer a nice quality audio and than maybe some good photos as a memento.
So as for Vienna's concert, I'll be trying to record only audio of it and take a few photos, if the venue staff won't mind. :)
And I don't think there will be tables in the audience - as far as I understood the setting, there will be regular rows with seats, no tables like in a café.
And I have just a small recorder that fits in a pocket with external microphones, no big equipment with stands and stuff like that. :)

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:17 pm

I hope you will enjoy that VT day and be smiling and laughing at Vienna's witty comments in between the songs and jokes(things that we could not have on overall released cd) as I did : she was comparing Stuttgart to San Francisco how it was kind of alike and the audience laughed !

Have you ever heard of her live shows via archive.org ?

Dionesque
Cool Stranger

Postby Dionesque » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:31 pm

Yes, I downloaded one live recording from archive.org - it's from the concert in Cologne in 2007. I found it funny because it has been exactely on my birthday, that's why I picked this recording to download. And Cologne is not that far from where I live either.
The recording quality is great and the concert itself sounds amazing - I love it how Vienna is chatty with the audience! :D
It makes a concert much more personal than when an artist just stands there, plays her/his songs and says only "thank you" and "good night". ;)

Return to “The Cafe”