Merry Xmas & Happy New Year to Vienna Teng & forum m

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:56 am

Well Scot,

I think you should post some Hawaii Christmas photos. :lol: It got me kind of depressed when Vienna mentioned she wanted to live in New York. All I could think of is tons of cold weather and snow and wind and the odd mental picture of the two disgusting guys in that Carl Jr's commercial talking with their mouths full about that disgusting looking Philly Cheesesteak sandwich while she is trying to sing, even though they are not in Philadelphia........................I guess there are tons of musicians there and I guess an instant support group and loft apartments with basement recording studios but then I think about that old saying if you were going to hide a tree, you would hide it in a forest with the rest of the trees, so I really think she needs to live in Hawaii and if you can get that recording studio built in your lava covered back yard and your wife gets that coffee shop started I think you could change her destiny. :lol: She should be the candle on the hill, not the candle surrounded by a bunch of other candles. Hopefully you have a hill nearby. Sorry for the ramble, too many diet cokes. :lol:

Hey Ben,

Good to see you are enjoying the holidays. Have you watched "Curse of the Golden Flower" yet? I have read mixed reviews but I have to wait before it comes to the States.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

ben
Getting Stranger

Postby ben » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:53 am

Happy New Year everyone, it's the 2nd of January here and I'm back to work.

@Ang Mo, nope, CGF haven't been shown here yet, it's not due for another couple of weeks.
Always look on the bright side of life.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:14 am

They just had a commercial for it on tv (CGF) while I was watching the football game Ben. It should be out here in a couple of weeks it looks like.

Happy New Year Ben,

The rest of the world will be back at work tomorrow! :lol:
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:20 am

Bumping last years Christmas Card of Vienna Teng which is the first post in this thread.

asteroid
Warm Stranger

Postby asteroid » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:53 am

I hope I'm not interrupting your discussion... Happy New Year to Vienna the genie of music

It was exactly last Christmas Eve when I first heard "The Atheist Christmas Carol" (Actually I was browsing her songs and this title attracted me)
Vienna's volunteer agent on midomi.com

asteroid
Warm Stranger

Postby asteroid » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:03 am

I just watched a "Band Aid" video... I guess it's for this year, I don't know the name of that song but it contains lines like"it's Christmas time" and "feed the world". Coldplay, Dido, U2 and many other top stars participated.

As I watched the video I just wished Vienna was there... She deserves it more than many among them
Vienna's volunteer agent on midomi.com

Dreaming Pepper
Getting Stranger

Postby Dreaming Pepper » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:04 pm

Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope everyone enjoys being with family and loved ones!
Whoa.. I remembered my sign-in information!

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:30 pm

Ah.... how cool to "recycle" this thread like this at the appropirate time of year!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

:D
Chris

CandaceC
Hot Stranger

Postby CandaceC » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:09 am

Happy Baby Zombie Jesus Harry Potter Day! (I like to think of a new way to say it every year.)

And general Christmahanukkwanzaa to all. :D

ben
Getting Stranger

Postby ben » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:37 am

Maligayang Pasko sa inyong lahat! (that's in Filipino meaning "Merry Christmas to everyone!")

Edited as per Walking Stranger's query.
Last edited by ben on Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always look on the bright side of life.

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:46 pm

ben wrote:Maligayang Pasko sa inyong lahat! (Merry Christmas to everyone!)

Hi Ben !

What language is it ?
[edit : ok, it's Filipino, I did not read your post properly ...]

In Lao, HAPPY NEW YEAR : " Sohk Dih Pih May" - (French intonation)
"Sohk Dee Pee Mae" - (English intonation)
Last edited by Walking Stranger on Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Virtual postcards from Paris, France

Postby Walking Stranger » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:42 pm

My New Year's wishes for Vienna Teng and her Band :

Wish one :
Keep up the good and friendly relations you have all with your audience during VT Band live concerts !

WIsh two :
May the path be warmly and widely open for your arrival and for VT live concerts in France [that is to say : hope there will be an optimal scenario better than the labyrinth-in-French-cooking-restaurant-looping-game like in one of the previous Quebec shows ;) ]

Wish three :
If some of you were in a way disappointed by the so-so quality of welcoming tourists in France when visiting this country... I hope this virtual photo album created by "Nico from Paris" will convey you another image of this beautiful country seen through the eyes of a deep thought French gentleman - who is BTW my colleague too ;))

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nico_from_paris/

ENJOY LIFE !!!
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:51 am

Recycling the old message, I still get a kick out of the card. The drawing was based on this photo here and had a few enhancements to it.
[url]http://echeng.com/journal/random/031119_louisville/images/031117_115909_8409.htm[url]

Vienna's got the biggest eyes and they always seem to be filled with curiosity. Sort of like a hobbit.

I really like that photo.[/img]

aaparallel
Getting Stranger

Postby aaparallel » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:43 am

Merry Christmas everyone! And Happy "January." (Yay for The Paper Raincoat!). It was a great year for Vienna and us fans.
"Drowning my pain in lemonade. . . Singing along to 'feelin' alright'"

Fred
Tengster

Postby Fred » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:01 am

Yes, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and all other possible Happy Holiday greetings to all! And yes, it's been a great year to be a Vienna Teng fan!

Return to “The Cafe”