Merry Xmas & Happy New Year to Vienna Teng & forum m

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Ang Mo
Tengster

Merry Xmas & Happy New Year to Vienna Teng & forum m

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:15 am

To celebrate the Holidays I was inspired to have an artist do my version of a Vienna Teng Christmas Card for the group! :lol:

I took a very cool photo of Vienna and added my own ingredients to the canvas so to speak. It has sort of an Ang Mo-ian theme to it. Had to throw a tribute to Combat in there with ol' Kilroy checkin Vienna out. He looks fiesty indeed.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody on the forum.

Last edited by Ang Mo on Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

byranbu
Warm Stranger

Postby byranbu » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:33 am

Very good job, I didn't realize that Vienna drank diet coke :D
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year back to you and to everyone else here on the forum and to all who will discover Vienna in the coming year.
myspace.com/hbkake Be my friend

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:21 am

I didn't know she drank diet coke either until I decided to make the picture look like she did. :wink: The orginal photo just has the coke emblem without the word diet.

A Christmas Wreath now encircles her and of course instead of a Reuben sandwich or whatever kind of sandwich it was it is a steaming bowl of Chairman Mo's Beef Stew, the recipe for this wonderful concoction is posted somewhere on this forum but I am far to lazy to link to it.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:04 pm

Very nice! :>

Happy Holidays , Merry Christmas and all that to you, too, Chairman. And to
the rest of the forum! :>

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:22 pm

Mr. Chairman, we had no idea you were so multi-talented. You really must move to the Bay Area and get a job with Pixar. You could write the screenplay, draw the animation, and eventually move up to directing. Do that, and Zhang Ziyi will marry you in a heartbeat! :D

Happy Holidays to all the Warm Strangers!

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:32 am

Hey Scot,

Happy Holidays to you and your family! How I wish I could have a Hawaiin Christmas like you are having. You can actualy drive up to the Volcano with snow on it there and then drive back down to the beach to get warmed up and be comfortable. I am surrounded by snow, ice, slick roads, and suffering a raging chest cold. I have got to survive the night with no less then two 32 oz bottles of diet coke. To bad they don't make it in drowsy formula so I could sleep better.

Hey Rahau,

Merry Christmas to you as well.

I particularly noticed this comment by you:

Do that, and Zhang Ziyi will marry you in a heartbeat!

You really like to play with my emotions don't you? :lol:
Knowing my luck, if that scenario were to come true I would end up dying from a heart attack due to the excitement. :wink:

I must confess, I am not the artist. I only hired the artist and then gave that person my changes to the original picture. The artist thought I was insane when I was giving the changes to them. I had to laugh at the expression that was given to me.

That photo of Vienna is what I call her "Mona Lisa" photo because she has a look on her face where you are not sure if:

A: She is annoyed with the photographer for taking the picture at that time.

B: If she is thinking, "Who ordered this sandwich for me?"

C: "I can't believe I am eating in this restaurant''.

Such a curious look she has there and her eyes are fantastic, bordering on hypnotic.

I think a great Christmas Card photo for the forum.

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:11 am

I stand corrected. Should have read the post more carefully. Friday night's concert at The Independent was so overwhelming, I wasn't thinking clearly. You simply haven't lived until you've heard Vienna play Signal Fire on a Steinway Grand.

At this moment, I'm even more incoherent. At tonight's concert, she played Decade and One on the same Steinway. Wow!

Dreaming Pepper
Getting Stranger

Postby Dreaming Pepper » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:55 pm

Merry Christmas!
Whoa.. I remembered my sign-in information!

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:08 pm

I envy your closeness to concerts Rahau. I did take full advantage of looking at the photos that Klaorman posted in the photograph section of the forum here. Well done Klaorman. Now hopefully someone will post some of the songs on YouTube so I can watch the concert as well.

Merry Christmas to all.

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:59 pm

rahau wrote: You simply haven't lived until you've heard Vienna play Signal Fire on a Steinway Grand.

At this moment, I'm even more incoherent. At tonight's concert, she played Decade and One on the same Steinway. Wow!

Argh! I hope someone will release a recording soon! :>
Merry Christmas, Forum. :>

scot
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:31 pm

Merry Christmas! Ang Mo, love the drawing with your personal touches of beef stew and Diet Coke. :D I hope everyone is having a good holiday. ~G
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

Steve J
Hot Stranger

Postby Steve J » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:22 am

That is really great Ang Mo! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!

(Oh, and are you SURE Diet Coke does not pay you for your services? I've been drinking about 10 times as much of it over these past couple years that you've been pronouncing its' great worth. If they are not paying you, they should be. I know I am much happier when I drink Diet Coke. Now if I can just find your Beef Stew at the store it will be an especially wonderful Christmas for me.)

:-)
Loyal fan/groupie/friend/ETC. of Vienna Teng, Kyler England & Taylor Roberts Music (Now "Glorydive").

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:10 am

Happy Holidays Ginny! Glad you liked the drawing.

Hey Steve,

You can find the ingredients at any grocery store for the stew. The diet coke also. At least I don't drink as much as my brother, he even drinks it in the bathroom. Very disturbing..............

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:47 am

Ang Mo wrote:Hey Scot,

Happy Holidays to you and your family! How I wish I could have a Hawaiin Christmas like you are having. You can actualy drive up to the Volcano with snow on it there and then drive back down to the beach to get warmed up and be comfortable.

Actually, no snow on Mauna Kea right now, but I did go surfing both
Christmas Eve day (cloudy and drizzling, but great waves) and Christmas
morning (beautiful day, but flat). And my Christmas tree this year is a bamboo plant. :>

s

ben
Getting Stranger

Postby ben » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:34 am

Sorry to miss the Christmas greetings, we got a long vacation over here. Hope you guys had a blast.

Anyway, here's wishing everyone a grand New Year to come. :D
Always look on the bright side of life.

Return to “The Cafe”