Dream a little dream...

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:53 am

Well my dessert of choice these days would be a trifle. Unfortunately they don't make it in the U.S.A., at least where I live. So I have to settle for the basics like ice cream and pie. Cookies are enjoyable, but only when pulled immediately out of the oven. I don't like the ones where you can take the cookie and use it to pound nails for home construction projects.

In restaurants, you must be careful.

Rules:

1. Never order fish on Monday or eat discount sushi.
2. Never eat Eggs Benedict at a weekend brunch.
3. Ignore the bread placed on your table.
4. Never order a steak well done.
5. If the bathroom is dirty, then just leave and don't bother to eat at the place.
6. If the salad is green but tastes either flavorless or kind of mushy it is because it is rotten and they have soaked it in vegetable whitener to make it look green again.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

WintermoonSnow
Warm Stranger

Postby WintermoonSnow » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:47 pm

Everyone seems to really love pie, but I'm a cake person. However, I do like rhubarb pie, pumpkin pie, and pecan pie.

I love cookies, but I prefer the really soft ones, like one of the types that chips ahoy makes. I agree that warm cookies are the best as well! I was at Red Lobster the other night and ordered this cookie volcano ice cream thingie and I was shocked beacuse the cookies was so warm and perfect! However, I couldn't finish the whole thing-it was so rich! I find myself not being able to handle sweets like I used to, least it feels that way.

Thanks for the rules! Awww, but I love bread! I always eat the bread they give you in a basket before you get your meal. But, I don't actually go out to eat at REAL restuarants too often so I guess it's okay, hehe.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:21 am

I eat out too much, a lot due to work, however I am starting to eat more at home in the evening.

The bread gets recycled in the sense if one table does not eat it, they will take it to the back and then serve it out again to another table. You should be fine as long as some tubercular hillbilly hasn't sneezed all over it at the other table.................

The internet is great for recipes and there are even people on YouTube who post "how to videos" like "How to make Sushi", etc. I am going to buy a baby deep fryer in order to make a Peranakan dish. I have gathered all the ingredients, except for Tamarind juice. That is hard to find. I found Tamarind Nectar in a can. I might try substituting that.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

WintermoonSnow
Warm Stranger

Postby WintermoonSnow » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:10 am

Yeah, I eat out a lot too. It's like...you have a 6 ot 8 hour day at work, you come home in the evening, and you don't realize just how tired you are until you sit down and you really don't feel like moving and cooking. I eat a lot of microwavable food, which I know is really bad, lol. I eat out a lot too. I'm lately really in love with salted pretzels with cheese! And of course I hit up the burger joints, like Mc Donalds and Carl's Jr.

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:29 am

WintermoonSnow wrote:I do like rhubarb pie,

Mmmm rhubarb pie.....

There is a french line of preserves that's pretty popular in the States, but
I NEVER see their rhubarb here. I've gotten it all over Europe and in Japan
(and people think I'm crazy going ga-ga over a jar or rhubarb preserves in
Japan), but I can't get it here. I wonder if they think Americans don't like
rhubarb, or if the rhubarb lobbyists have been more successful than others
here at inhibiting imports. ;)

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

WintermoonSnow
Warm Stranger

Postby WintermoonSnow » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:27 am

rhubarb preservers...it sounds so...rare! XD

eirlys
Warm Stranger

Postby eirlys » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:19 am

No one's had one of these for a while. Last night I was listening to Warm Strangers and knitting, so naturally this would happen. Vienna was selling some of her CD's in a basket (with a plaid cloth and all) along with some new ones that must've been demos. I remember looking at the cover and thinking "what horrible lighting! This doesn't look like her." So the deeper meaning must have been about the lights in my bedroom. I'm sure her CD covers have superb lighting effects without getting too psychadelic.

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Postby Reileen » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:58 am

eirlys wrote:Vienna was selling some of her CD's in a basket (with a plaid cloth and all)

That's a cute image. XD
"You've made us swear our souls to you
And blamed us for your poisoned grace."

Reileen van Kaile
http://www.voxgraphicastudio.com

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:23 pm

deleted
Last edited by Walking Stranger on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Postby Reileen » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:11 pm

Had a VT dream a few nights ago. She was giving a private concert for me - oh, if only - in my "house". ("House" in quotes because it was my house in the dream, but it didn't look at all like my waking world house.) I think she was using my electronic keyboard (Casio Privia PX-200!) for playing, and...uh...the back of the keyboard was pressed up against a wooden kitchen table. I'd set up a a microphone and some equipment that was vaguely recording-esque. It was weird, though, 'cause Vienna was sitting pretty far from the microphone as she was singing and wouldn't move. I was like, hey, shouldn't you be closer to the mic? And she was like, no, no, I'm fine. And then she played "Boy at the Piano."

I think after that, we were discussing what song she should play next. I really can't remember what we decided, but I think we were thinking about "I Don't Feel So Well."

Reileen van Kaile

eirlys
Warm Stranger

Postby eirlys » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:47 am

This one was a long time ago...I was at work, which is funny because I don't have a job and "work" looked like a choir room. Then I called my friend and said we should go to lunch together. The work place was hooked on to a giant building that looked a bit lab-airport-esque...Vienna was there for some reason, and I told her my friend hadn't called me back. Then she looked at me and said, "Sometimes, people call, and then they hang up."

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

another one again

Postby Walking Stranger » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:55 am

deleted
Last edited by Walking Stranger on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:47 pm

deleted
Last edited by Walking Stranger on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Postby Reileen » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:15 pm

Oh, man, I had one of the weirdest Vienna dreams last night. (Well, it was a weird dream, period, but...)

I can't remember much, but I think it involved somehow finally getting to see an official music video or two for some of Vienna's songs. Except that, like, it turned out that Vienna herself never actually appeared in those videos - it was a stunt double named Ivana. Someone pointed this out to me by saying "I know it's not Vienna, because Vienna isn't that busty." (XD...)

Also, I heard a dark ambient version of "Grandmother Song" in the dream. No, for real.

Reileen van Kaile

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:07 am

Did Ivana start her singing career at Hooter's instead of in coffee houses? Did her voice sound like Vienna's or was it different?

Return to “The Cafe”