How many times have you seen Vienna live?

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

How many times have you seen Vienna Teng live?

Over 100
2%
51 - 100
7%
26 - 50
4%
11 - 25
7%
1 - 10
65%
Never
15%

Total votes: 46

Jade
Warm Stranger

Postby Jade » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:38 am

Twice, the same number of tours she's done in the UK.

That number would definitely increase if she returned! :wink:

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:11 pm

The_Man_in_Blue wrote:
Ginny wrote:Ok, who voted in the over 100 category? Was it Paul or Michele/Erik? That is pretty impressive. I'm still in the 1-10 category. :) ~G

I was packing for the trip home from NYC (shows 138-142) and saw the poll when I checked The Forum. I voted so I could see the results, but facing another 800 mile overnight drive, I skipped posting a message.
Paul

Ahhhh, you have not disappointed me, Paul. I knew that you would know exactly how many shows you've seen. :D

Being a CPA myself, I really appreciate someone who keeps accurate records! :lol:
Chris

cmooreNC
Tengster

Postby cmooreNC » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:13 pm

Ginny wrote:Ok, who voted in the over 100 category? Was it Paul or Michele/Erik? That is pretty impressive. I'm still in the 1-10 category. :) ~G

That may be true, Ginny, but how many can say they've performed with Vienna at shows? Three of those for you, right? Or has it been more?
Chris

darthscsi
Warm Stranger

Postby darthscsi » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:36 am

Oh how I wish this number was higher! Why did I have to move to this stupid state [where stupid state is defined as a state vienna doesn't visit often]?

Sigh. And she never has a concert when I am in the bay area for conferences and stuff. grrr.

am.rock
Warm Stranger

Postby am.rock » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:15 am

darthscsi wrote:Oh how I wish this number was higher! Why did I have to move to this stupid state [where stupid state is defined as a state vienna doesn't visit often]?

Sigh. And she never has a concert when I am in the bay area for conferences and stuff. grrr.

let me guess: you go to university of illinois at urban-champange for graduate school in computer science. ???

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:05 am

Shows I've actually been to:1-10.
Shows on my iPod: 51-100.

:>

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

darthscsi
Warm Stranger

Postby darthscsi » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:04 am

Scot wrote:Shows I've actually been to:1-10.
Shows on my iPod: 51-100.

Yea, I counted the number of recordings of gravity I had... Um, yea, didn't realize it was quite that many... Not that I am complaining :)

darthscsi
Warm Stranger

Postby darthscsi » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:15 am

am.rock wrote:let me guess: you go to university of illinois at urban-champange for graduate school in computer science. ???

Of course, that much one can find out from posts here or google. If you knew my office number (well, that probably could be looked up come to think of it), then I would be impressed :).

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Postby Reileen » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:33 am

darthscsi wrote:
am.rock wrote:let me guess: you go to university of illinois at urban-champange for graduate school in computer science. ???

Of course, that much one can find out from posts here or google. If you knew my office number (well, that probably could be looked up come to think of it), then I would be impressed :).

I was gonna go to Urbana for an undergraduate degree in computer science, but it was too far away for my tastes (three hours south of where I live). I have to give major props for the uber-sweet campus, though.

...but if Vienna performed in Urbana-Champaign I would so be there. :D
"You've made us swear our souls to you
And blamed us for your poisoned grace."

Reileen van Kaile
http://www.voxgraphicastudio.com

am.rock
Warm Stranger

Postby am.rock » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:32 am

darthscsi wrote:

haha, the only post i knew of you was that one. but...

stop working on LLVM and publish a paper so you are forced to make a uuic.edu webpage.

My guess is you work somewhere in the 3000 block in siebel center, probably with 8 other grad students crammed in a room too small for that many grad students. :D

am.rock
Warm Stranger

Postby am.rock » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:33 am

I was gonna go to Urbana for an undergraduate degree in computer science, but it was too far away for my tastes (three hours south of where I live). I have to give major props for the uber-sweet campus, though.

Isn't the whole point to RUN AWAY as far from your parents as possible? I drew a big circle on the map of the US and only applied to schools outside that circle. I have to fly for 6 hours to get home. I like it.

Digital
Hot Stranger

Postby Digital » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:44 pm

am.rock wrote:Isn't the whole point to RUN AWAY as far from your parents as possible? I drew a big circle on the map of the US and only applied to schools outside that circle. I have to fly for 6 hours to get home. I like it.

I guess some people feel the need to get away. I always had a good relationship with my parents, so it wasn't an issue. The biggest issue for me was staying in Texas. I ended up at Texas A&M about 1 1/2 hours from home. I could be away when I wanted to, but it was never more than an short car ride home if I wanted to go there. When I got tired of campus food, I could make a pilgrimmage home for some home cooking. Also free laundry and a free auto mechanic (my father). To be honest, I didn't go home very often, but it was never a matter of making big plans - just get in the car and go.

Reileen
Total Teng-Head

Postby Reileen » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:00 pm

am.rock wrote:

Isn't the whole point to RUN AWAY as far from your parents as possible? I drew a big circle on the map of the US and only applied to schools outside that circle. I have to fly for 6 hours to get home. I like it.

LOL, well, I did apply to places like NYU and CMU as well. I was all like OMG YEY LET'S TRAVEL! But then I happened across DePaul University, which is on a good day about 45 minutes or so north of where I live in the expressway. DePaul also has the added bonnus of having a downtown campus, which is where the hub of the computer science school is, and, well...I love downtown Chicago. =D And it's actually kind of good, because I can go home and do free laundry (when I'm not lazy) and hang out with family and get new clothes and free meals. Mwahaha.
"You've made us swear our souls to you
And blamed us for your poisoned grace."

Reileen van Kaile

http://www.voxgraphicastudio.com

darthscsi
Warm Stranger

Postby darthscsi » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:56 am

Reileen wrote:...but if Vienna performed in Urbana-Champaign I would so be there. :D

She did several years ago. First time I saw her too. She claimed it was the first concert she had done with the lights on and she could see the audience. There was a Q.A. were we learned important things like her favorite programming language. I did not ask that, in case you are wondering, but I know who did. *shakes head and sighs*

darthscsi
Warm Stranger

Postby darthscsi » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:03 am

am.rock wrote:stop working on LLVM and publish a paper so you are forced to make a uuic.edu webpage.

I have a perfectly good page, I don't need their silly space. But if you found the LLVM page, it has links. Not that google cannot find me.

am.rock wrote:My guess is you work somewhere in the 3000 block in siebel center, probably with 8 other grad students crammed in a room too small for that many grad students. :D

No and No. Though the second one is hardly a risky guess.

Return to “The Cafe”