How many times have you seen Vienna live?

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

How many times have you seen Vienna Teng live?

Over 100
2%
51 - 100
7%
26 - 50
4%
11 - 25
7%
1 - 10
65%
Never
15%

Total votes: 46

am.rock
Warm Stranger

Postby am.rock » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:32 am

Reileen wrote:nd it's actually kind of good, because I can go home and do free laundry (when I'm not lazy) and hang out with family and get new clothes and free meals. Mwahaha.

I really miss the free laundry and food. It cost me $8 to do laundry yesterday. (3 loads.)

ARGH.

kolibri
Cool Stranger

Postby kolibri » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:31 am

Two shows on the same night for me, thanks to Paul. Vienna was fabulous. I'd absolutely love to see her play again. I was so tongue-tied when I had the chance to talk to her, though... sigh.

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:11 am

Eh, it happens. I wasn't tongue-tied because I didn't really say anything. I think I may have mumbled one quick run-on sentence along the lines of, "Hi I'm Ginny would you sign this okay thanks bye." But I wasn't embarassed because normally this introvert wouldn't walk up to someone I don't know. I decided I was actually quite impressive. I'm probably the only one who thought that. ;) lol ~G
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:02 pm

Hi all,

Only once, taking a train from Paris to Stuttgart, from France to Germany...on last minute decision making :D
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

Vox Sciurorum
Howdy, Stranger!

Once

Postby Vox Sciurorum » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:55 pm

Once, at MIT in November, 2003. I didn't know about the concert in advance but I recognized the face on a poster on campus and stopped to read it.

eirlys
Warm Stranger

Postby eirlys » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:40 pm

Just once for me (Lake Oswego, 8.5.07!); I feel so deprived. But I have listened to a lot of live shows...alright, I know that doesn't count. She'll just have to keep coming back to the northwest!

Rotkehlchen
Warm Stranger

Postby Rotkehlchen » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:23 am

Thanks, Walking Stranger, for reviving this thread.

The first time I viewed this poll (almost a year ago) I'd never seen Vienna live - and it would have been too depressing to join the Forum just to report that.

But meanwhile I've seen her once, on 30th. June 2007 in Düsseldorf - and am still living from that experience. :)

At the bottom of the Forum Index page is a souvenir of that concert (which could well disappear during this weekend's Q&A):

"Most users ever online was 122 on Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:32 pm"

That was 22:32 Düsseldorf time, around the time of the standing ovations before the encores.

I've often puzzled about what was going on in the Forum that evening:
- Were German journalists suddenly eager to find out more about this "unknown" singer?
- Were you Americans desperate to know what was going on in Germany that evening?
- Why that particular concert (admittedly a great one!) of the entire European tour?
~ R

Walking Stranger
Getting Stranger

Postby Walking Stranger » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:58 am

Rotkehlchen wrote:Thanks, Walking Stranger, for reviving this thread.

The first time I viewed this poll (almost a year ago) I'd never seen Vienna live - and it would have been too depressing to join the Forum just to report that.

But meanwhile I've seen her once, on 30th. June 2007 in Düsseldorf - and am still living from that experience. :)

At the bottom of the Forum Index page is a souvenir of that concert (which could well disappear during this weekend's Q&A):

"Most users ever online was 122 on Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:32 pm"

That was 22:32 Düsseldorf time, around the time of the standing ovations before the encores.

I've often puzzled about what was going on in the Forum that evening:
- Were German journalists suddenly eager to find out more about this "unknown" singer?
- Were you Americans desperate to know what was going on in Germany that evening?
- Why that particular concert (admittedly a great one!) of the entire European tour?

@ Rotkehlchen :
Hi !
Thanks Rotkehlchen for your nice words.
About your questions, maybe Eric Miller could give you any explanation or visual so as to check it out with the 2007 web trafic.

@ Eric Miller :
Hi!
Any news about the 2007 web trafic ?

Take care all,
Walking Stranger
♡ Internet/Drugs/Seeds. Copy=Right. ACTA harms freedom. Stop ACTA!Please copy and share. Say NO to ACTA.

WintermoonSnow
Warm Stranger

Postby WintermoonSnow » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:25 pm

I've seen her perform 3 times so far: The Montgomery Theatre in '05, The Villa Montalvo in '06, and The Palace of Fine Arts Theatre (lovely lovely venue) this year. However, I'll be seeing her perform at the McFee Perofming Arts center next week, which will make it my 4th time! If I was old enough, I'd go see her at The Independent (2 more months till I'm 21! >.<)!

manleyj
Cool Stranger

5 times isince seeing her open for Joan Baez in Portland, OR

Postby manleyj » Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:02 pm

Three different venues including one great outdoor summer concert in Lake Oswego, OR. Vienna opened 3 of the shows and was the featured performer in the other three. I love hearing the amazed appreciation of new listeners when she opens for other acts. We have 3 generations of fans in our family. :D

Folkfan
Warm Stranger

Forum Poll

Postby Folkfan » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:58 am

How many times have you seen Vienna Teng live?
Over 100 2% [ 1 ]
51 - 100 6% [ 3 ]
26 - 50 4% [ 2 ]
11 - 25 6% [ 3 ]
1 - 10 64% [ 29 ]
Never 15% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 45

"Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe."(John 20:29) Can that poll be put back up? I'd love to see the numbers now.

tanthalas
Tengster

Postby tanthalas » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:25 am

Best way is to probably start a new thread.

Folkfan
Warm Stranger

Reposting the poll?

Postby Folkfan » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:10 am

Best way is to probably start a new thread.

I am pretty useless on a computer and can just about manage to post replies.....Would someone on the forum be willing to start a new thread, polling the number of times forum members have seen VT? I guess we'll be able to add the 450+ audience that bought tickets to Vienna's show in Alaska...Gee, I wonder if Sarah Palin was there?....Naaaaaaaaaa!

Kalenabear
Warm Stranger

Re: Reposting the poll?

Postby Kalenabear » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:43 am

Folkfan wrote: I guess we'll be able to add the 450+ audience that bought tickets to Vienna's show in Alaska...Gee, I wonder if Sarah Palin was there?....Naaaaaaaaaa!

Maybe there were 450+ people because Alaska's Russian neighbors came by to join them! :wink:

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head

Re: Reposting the poll?

Postby roofboy179 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:49 am

Kalenabear wrote:Maybe there were 450+ people because Alaska's Russian neighbors came by to join them! :wink:

Or they could just watch from Russia, if the concert was held near Sarah Palin's house.

Return to “The Cafe”