headphones

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:19 am

I had what sounds like similar problems with my ER-4Ps a while back.
I sent them back to Etymotics for repair. I can't remember the bill, but
they were very quick and reasonably priced (may even have been free, I
can't recall). Anyhow, worth a try before you help the economy and shell out
more bucks for a new set.

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

arcsol
Warm Stranger

Postby arcsol » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:21 am

i'm going to attack the problem in a different way - DITCH IPOD. try the Sansa Clip or its bigger brother Fuze. i'm no expert but dang, Senn+Clip = new world of sounds. and to think i'm using the (relatively) low-end Senns. both players use the same chipset so if you don't want to risk much, try the Clip.

and yeah, it's creepy in a fun sort of way when you hear new things on songs you've been listening to for years. XD
A VT fan from the Philippines?

Do check out the 2014 Vienna Teng PHILIPPINES tour thread!

Drop a line and say hi! Post on the thread, leave a PM if you want, or send an email at marc dot a dot public at gmail dot com so we can make this happen!

byranbu
Warm Stranger

Postby byranbu » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:13 am

I love my Sansa Clip, it is cheap but sounds pretty good. I have my IPod in my car and for general listening I use my Clip. I also have a paid subscription for Rhapsody which means I can download music for free onto my Clip, it’s so nice to try out new music legally without having to pay extra for it.
myspace.com/hbkake Be my friend

Digital
Hot Stranger

Postby Digital » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:31 am

I am a happy Etymotic fan, having had my ER-4S headphones for over a decade now. If you take care of them, they last forever. If you want to stay with Etymotic, I'd suggest an upgrade to the ER-4Ps (for portable use) or the ER-4S for really accurate response at the sacrifice of a little bass.

My understanding is that the Shure units are good, though I personally would be looking at the higher models if I were to switch. I have no personal experience with them.

legio_ix
Cool Stranger

Postby legio_ix » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:38 pm

arcsol: I don't have a pod, have never had a pod and will never have a pod :-) problem solved from that angle.

Digital: the ER4s are give or take $100 more than i'm willing to spend, and the same will almost certainly apply to higher shure models as well. I wish it wasn't so but i'm kinda constrained by a budget here. ER6's were more than I wanted to spend :D

Scot: already done amature surgery on them :-) I don't think Etymotic can do much now, plus I checked a way back on repairs and they were charging quite a high amount, might as well buy new tbh.
I've got the servants' stair again. This place was built by mouldiewarps, for mouldiewarps and to the devil with lords and gentlemen.

Digital
Hot Stranger

Postby Digital » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:11 am

legio_ix wrote:Digital: the ER4s are give or take $100 more than i'm willing to spend, and the same will almost certainly apply to higher shure models as well. I wish it wasn't so but i'm kinda constrained by a budget here. ER6's were more than I wanted to spend :D

I understand. I have usually paid attention to the folks over at Headphone.com, and they seem to recommend a pair of Denon earbuds for under $40 (http://www.headphone.com/guide/by-budget/under-40/). You can also check out their $40-80 models (http://www.headphone.com/guide/by-budget/40-80/). I believe this is the outfit that sold me my Etymotics several years ago.

Return to “The Cafe”