If Vienna could sing two songs of your request with.........

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

JohnEZ
Warm Stranger
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:19 pm

Postby JohnEZ » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:29 pm

OK, so I've came up with my two new choices... For her song, I'd choose Harbor. Simply because last time I chose Gravity, I think.

The cover... I'd love to hear her sing "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen (...or Jeff Buckley or Rufus Wainright, if you prefer). I think she could do this one startlingly well...

melanieb08
Howdy, Stranger!
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:11 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Postby melanieb08 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:13 pm

JohnEZ wrote:The cover... I'd love to hear her sing "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen (...or Jeff Buckley or Rufus Wainright, if you prefer). I think she could do this one startlingly well...


Hallelujah! That would definitley be my cover too. I've recently fallen in love with the Imogen Heap accapella version of that song.

For one of her own, I would choose Now Three. That song is the most played in my iTunes library and I get goose bumps everytime I hear it.
*~*~*Melanie*~*~*

jacksongarden
Howdy, Stranger!
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 1:52 pm

Postby jacksongarden » Tue May 20, 2008 1:56 pm

what a good question~
my first one would be green island serenade~beautiful melody,isn't it?
anyone know Savage Garden?
i believe it would be wonderful and amazing if viennateng sing the song
'i don't know you anymore' by Savage Garden(my fav~)

terraphim86
Warm Stranger
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:42 pm

Postby terraphim86 » Wed May 21, 2008 2:38 am

I'm replying to this post again, I know.

Lately I've really been into Homecoming, which I have seen Vienna perform live (here, to be exact), but would to hear again.

As for a cover, hearing her sing and play The Crane Wife by The Decemberists would be just about the most incredible thing ever.

Skysong
Howdy, Stranger!
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:58 pm
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Postby Skysong » Wed May 21, 2008 8:19 pm

jacksongarden wrote:what a good question~
my first one would be green island serenade~beautiful melody,isn't it?
anyone know Savage Garden?
i believe it would be wonderful and amazing if viennateng sing the song
'i don't know you anymore' by Savage Garden(my fav~)


Gosh, I love Savage Garden! They are honestly one of the sweetest bands that ever existed, I wish I could give them a hug after every song I hear :)

jacksongarden
Howdy, Stranger!
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 1:52 pm

Postby jacksongarden » Thu May 22, 2008 8:17 am

Skysong wrote:
jacksongarden wrote:what a good question~
my first one would be green island serenade~beautiful melody,isn't it?
anyone know Savage Garden?
i believe it would be wonderful and amazing if viennateng sing the song
'i don't know you anymore' by Savage Garden(my fav~)


Gosh, I love Savage Garden! They are honestly one of the sweetest bands that ever existed, I wish I could give them a hug after every song I hear :)


shake hands :D ~As i know, Darren Hayes married a man in London where you live now.He is still singing some songs but i don't like most of them for the style has changed comparing to being a team savage garden.
BTW, truly madly deeply is the best!

Kalenabear
Warm Stranger
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:48 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Postby Kalenabear » Thu May 22, 2008 7:37 pm

I'd probably like to hear Vienna sing and play Gravity, the integrated lake and river version. (Is it officially called the Ripple version now?) This song is just...magical. :)

As for a cover, I'd like to see her take on James Blunt's "Tears and Rain". I think that song has so much emotion in it, and it's quite poetic. Pretty suitable for Vienna, if you ask me! :p

tanthalas
Tengster
Posts: 690
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:13 pm
Location: Somewhere between Boston and San Francisco

Postby tanthalas » Fri May 23, 2008 12:15 am

Kalenabear wrote:James Blunt's "Tears and Rain"


This song always gets stuck in my head. ><

Klaorman
Getting Stranger
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:57 am
Contact:

Postby Klaorman » Sat May 24, 2008 8:14 pm

tanthalas wrote:
Kalenabear wrote:James Blunt's "Tears and Rain"


This song always gets stuck in my head. ><


I love "Tears and Rain"!
Klaorman

Araceli
Cool Stranger
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:52 pm

Postby Araceli » Wed May 28, 2008 10:06 am

1. Nothing Without You
2. My Medea

A couple of old favourites, can't resist 'em. For a cover song though, I have no idea. Maybe Tracy Bonham's 'Whether You Fall'. Could be interesting.

rahau
Even Stranger
Posts: 496
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:34 am
Location: Oakland, CA

Postby rahau » Wed May 28, 2008 7:16 pm

JohnEZ wrote:The cover... I'd love to hear her sing "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen (...or Jeff Buckley or Rufus Wainright, if you prefer). I think she could do this one startlingly well...


That would be a cool cover. Speaking of which ... did anyone else watch the recent Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony? Leonard Cohen was one of the inductees, and gaving a very heartfelt speech. Damien Rice sang a terrific version of Hallelujah.

I also REALLY enjoyed Tom Hanks' induction speech for the Dave Clark Five. Admitting my age with that one. :)

Okay, back on topic ...

Ang Mo
Tengster
Posts: 1658
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 11:17 pm

Postby Ang Mo » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:21 am

I think maybe Vienna singing "The Wind" by Cat Stevens. Also with that her own song, "Curiosity".
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

slinkytwf
Cool Stranger
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:09 am

Postby slinkytwf » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:55 am

terraphim86 wrote:As for a cover, hearing her sing and play The Crane Wife by The Decemberists would be just about the most incredible thing ever.


Funny, I was just looking at that one and thinking, "Come and See."

But I'm going to go with "My Medea" (tough decision all around) and "No Man's Land" by Eric Bogle.

roofboy179
Total Teng-Head
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Contact:

Postby roofboy179 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:45 am

Dude... hard decision for a song of her own, but I woudl say my current obsession is Recessional =] Or whatever you want.

As for the cover... Vincent by Don McLean... Definetley! She does a fantastic cover of that! -digs up video off youtube-
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zyQUc7-T4Ks

Just amazing =] she does the song justice on piano =]

Scot
Tengster
Posts: 1673
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:21 am
Location: Hilo, HI
Contact:

Postby Scot » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:44 am

roofboy179 wrote:Dude... hard decision for a song of her own, but I woudl say my current obsession is Recessional =] Or whatever you want.

As for the cover... Vincent by Don McLean... Definetley! She does a fantastic cover of that! -digs up video off youtube-
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zyQUc7-T4Ks

Just amazing =] she does the song justice on piano =]


Even more amazing- I got to see/hear her do it live last December, too!
Quite a treat and a show!

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)


Return to “The Cafe”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests