If Vienna could sing two songs of your request with.........

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

CandaceC
Hot Stranger

Postby CandaceC » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:27 pm

Okaaay, I am a biiiig loser.

The cover would be a Teresa Teng song, yay old Mandarin Pop like Ye Lai Xiang or Xiao Chen Gu Shi.

The other...god that's hard. Unwritten Letter always gets me moving so I'll pick that. (But I want to pick everything so bad!)

JonathanWu
Cool Stranger

Postby JonathanWu » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:09 am

I'm probably a bigger loser.

"Between" for the original and "My Poor Old Heart" (Allison Krauss) for the cover. I'm not kidding...I'd love to hear what this song comes out like on piano sans banjo & fiddle.

Okay...sorry.

PS My wife is a big Teresa Teng fan.

Dreaming Pepper
Getting Stranger

Postby Dreaming Pepper » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:39 pm

Ummm .. now that i have heard piano renditions of some Stadium Arcadium and By the Way songs, I definitely would want to hear and see Vienna play Wet Sand and Venice Queen by the RHCP.

as for a song of hers.... Daughter.
Whoa.. I remembered my sign-in information!

Aleu
Cool Stranger

Postby Aleu » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:31 am

I'd pick Enough to Go By, because I don't think she does that enough :p At least, not that I've seen from Archive.org

Annnndddd... For the other song? *stifles laughter*

Baby Got Back.
Knowing that I made this sig makes me feel awfully creepy.

shawn
Hot Stranger

Postby shawn » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:07 am

Is it too late to change my suggestion? Now that I've heard Recessional live, I think I'll have to go with Momentum - and Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah.

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:34 am

Aleu wrote:I'd pick Enough to Go By, because I don't think she does that enough :p At least, not that I've seen from Archive.org

Annnndddd... For the other song? *stifles laughter*

Baby Got Back.

Just because I can- there are 66 known performances of Enough ... in my
show archive. :> (Compared to 127 Harbors, btw.)

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:38 am

Hey Scot,

If Vienna ever needs a biographer, it should definitely be you. :lol:
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:29 am

Ang Mo wrote:Hey Scot,

If Vienna ever needs a biographer, it should definitely be you. :lol:

Ha- maybe that could be my first book -
Vienna- the un-authorized biography!

Funny, since I've been toying with a book I'd call (now don't give it away):
"5 minutes ago I was operating a multi-million dollar telescope; 5 seconds ago
I poured orange juice in my cereal. Or true tales from real-life astronomy"

:>

s
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

eirlys
Warm Stranger

Postby eirlys » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:53 am

If I could request a song of Vienna's, it would be "Signal Fire"...such beautiful piano. So addicted to it! As for a cover..."Sweet Dreams" by Annie Lennox! I don't know why, but I think she'd make it interesting.

Portland-first-3
Cool Stranger

How about a Kate song...

Postby Portland-first-3 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:37 am

I don't know about what non-cover song to choose, but I would just LOVE to hear Vienna do a rendition of "And Dream of Sheep" by the great Kate Bush. 8)

Kaoru
Warm Stranger

Postby Kaoru » Sun May 13, 2007 12:46 pm

If I had to choose one song (which is really really hard) I would take "Momentum" because it was my first Vienna Teng song. And I would love to hear Vienna interpreting Kate Bush's "Running up that hill". Actually I am not a Kate Bush fan but somehow this song and the lyrics got stuck in my head. Placebo did an interesting cover version as well
Dream of butterflies instead

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Sun May 13, 2007 1:46 pm

Welcome to the forums, Kaoru! :) ~Ginny
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

Kaoru
Warm Stranger

Postby Kaoru » Thu May 17, 2007 3:46 pm

Hi Ginny,

Thanks for the "Welcome" :-). Now knowing that Vienna will finally come to Germany I guess I have to think of some more songs I would love to hear her singing... :D
Dream of butterflies instead

spyfferoni
Warm Stranger

Postby spyfferoni » Sun May 20, 2007 5:00 am

I haven't posted in the thread yet because I wasn't quite sure, after some thought I think I would like to hear "Between" because I haven't heard that live yet. For a cover, this may be lame, but "Somebody" by Depeche Mode, or "Here's Where the Story Ends" by the Sundays. Okay, you can totally tell what I was listening to in High School. I think "Rock Lobster" is probably out of the question. :lol:

Elmira
Warm Stranger

Postby Elmira » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:41 pm

Definately Colorblind by the Dresden Dolls. I love the descending scale piano solo after the verse "you only love in red" (it would be nice as a mandolin solo). The song is very beautiful, it's a shame it isn't on any of their studio albums :/
(plus it reminds of Chinese River Dolphins...)

And perhaps Lullaby from the anime Noir. The official version has an Japanese accent which doesn't flow with me (grace is sung as "glace") and the jazz version on the Yuki Kajiura album Fiction is sung by a voice I don't like either.[/b]
Scratch that, I forgot to read the first post. Hm, that would be Eric's Song. I don't know if it's commonly performed or not.
I believe in airplanes.

Return to “The Cafe”