If Vienna could sing two songs of your request with.........

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

CandaceC
Hot Stranger

Postby CandaceC » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:39 pm

'kay guys. I got the ultimate cover that Vienna should do.

The Rainbow Connection.

That is all. <3

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:14 am

That would be a challenge. I am very very fond of the Kermit the Frog version from the Muppet Movie.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Vana
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby Vana » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:43 pm

Only two?? No way!

Mandolin Rain by Bruce Hornsby

Rock your soul by Elisa

When the stars go blue by Bono and The Corrs

A kinda faerietail by Tori Amos

Never quite discussed by Terra Naomi

As for her own songs, last year I saw her in London and I requested Eric's song and she did it as an encore. I'm still swooning. It's the ultimate personal song for me.

aaparallel
Getting Stranger

Postby aaparallel » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:27 am

Hi everyone!

At this point, I'm not sure if I would request "My Medea" or "Anna Rose" but hearing one of the two live would be great.

As for the cover, I'd ask for a "Gravity" medley, with Vienna, Sara Bareilles, and John Mayer's "Gravity" songs put together. Or one of Andy Lau's mandarin songs. Or "The Walk" by Zac Hanson.

Kalenabear
Warm Stranger

Postby Kalenabear » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:33 am

When I first heard about Vienna, I had gotten Gravity and Harbor for free from the official site, putting those two songs on repeat for the longest time. But I think My Medea is what really made me take a good hard look at Vienna's music. I was floored by the second verse, when the percussion comes in. I think my reaction was... "O_O Oh my", not quite fully grasping what I had just heard, but knowing that it was some incarnation of brilliance. So, yes, I haven't heard My Medea live yet. Was going to request it at the Largo show...

Second song: This is probably more mainstream and recent, but I think Vienna would do a fantastic cover of James Blunt's Same Mistake.I can already hear how she'd transcribe the guitar notes to that of piano. :)

If not that, just to be silly, I'd die to see the VT Trio (with Paper Raincoat, Kyler England, Brandi Carlile, and Katie Herzig) do their version of Les Miserables' One Day More, hahah.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:31 am

Les Champs Elysées - by Joe Dassin. I posted this song somewhere on another thread. It would be fun to hear Vienna sing it in French, Chinese, or English.

Another song I think would be good for the month of October is
Haunted House
I would get a kick out of Vienna singing these lyrics:

HAUNTED HOUSE (Robert Geddins)

I just moved in my new house today

Moving was hard but I got squared away
When bells starting rings and chains rattled loud
I knew I'd moved in a haunted house
Still I made up my mind to stay
Nothing was a-gonna drive me away
When I seen something that give me the creeps
Had one big eye and two big feet
I stood right there and I did the freeze
It did the stroll right up to me
Made a noise with its feet that sounded like a drum
Said "You gonna be here when the morning comes?"
"Say yes, I'll be here when the morning comes
I'll be right here, I ain't gonna run
I bought this house, now I am boss
Ain't no haint's gonna run me off"

In my kitchen my stove was a blazing hot
Coffee was a-boiling in the pot
Grease had melted in my hand (pan?)
I had a hunk of meat in my hand
From out of space there sat a man
On the hot stove with the pots and pans
"Say that's hot" I began to shout
He drank the hot coffee right from the spout
He ate the raw meat right from my hand
Drank the hot grease from the frying pan
And said to me "You better run and don't be here
When the morning comes"
Say yes I'll be here when the morning comes
I'll be right here now, I ain't gonna run
I bought this house now I am boss
Ain't no haint's gonna run me off.

It such a catchy old tune and would be so Un-Vienna like that I think it would work. Plus Alex could sing the Monster's part and play numerous percussion and stringed instruments. It was a hit for Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Kaoru
Warm Stranger

Postby Kaoru » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:11 pm

"Gravity" by Vienna and "Storm" by Lifehouse.

Just because I love both songs and I think that Jason's and Vienna's voices would match beautifully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46bQfhtve2Y
Dream of butterflies instead

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:23 am

Okay, the song Burning Bridges. I think Vienna has the perfect voice for it. Add the spin of the piano mixed in with the drums and trumpet and let it rip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxYC350nqRM

The other song I would be El Gringo. Kind of a Clint Eastwood themed pairing.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:37 am

This song on the Amazing Caves DVD would be a perfect cover for Alex on guitar singing part of the song while Vienna cuts in at the 42 second level with the main verses.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4U4_BMOPIQ
This would be a perfect pairing with Antebellum. Sort of a double header with both Vienna and Alex singing.

Return to “The Cafe”