Has anyone ever played any of VT's songs?

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Cool Stranger

Postby GeenaSu622 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:03 pm

I'm considering playing/singing atleast one of her songs at a coffee house at school because her music inspires me so much. Just wondering if anyone else has done something similar to that or wants to? :)

Postby Guest_Alderon » Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:38 am

i haven't played any Vienna Teng songs in public but i have experimented a bit at home (i play
my own material and other covers at gigs). you should go for it! you got yourself a weighted
digital piano or is there an acoustic one at the venue?

Postby MrsAlbrecht » Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:08 pm

Actually, that is how I heard about her! Last week I was shopping at the grocery store about midnight (I have three children under 2 yrs old, and it is the only time when they are all sleeping and my husband is available to watch them) and the guy in the bakery department was *blaring* the song "Between". I was so amazed at the song that I went over to him and had to find out the artist. He told me about her website, which I went to right away when I got home.

I sent the following fanmail to her website: Vienna, I heard your music and fell in love! A stranger was playing your CD loudly and I was compelled to overcome shyness to ask them who was singing to me. Then I went to your website and read the lyrics and my heart skipped again! They are brilliant and bring such emotion they could cause one to cry... or sing! You have an amazing talent. Thank you for giving us your gift of music. Please put me on your mailing list and let me know if you have a show coming up in the Philadelphia area. With much love and gratitude, SJA

So, yes, play her music in public!! Loudly!! Play, play, play!!

Warm Stranger

Postby ShaynePepper » Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:09 pm

That's so great!

Return to “The Cafe”