Rockwood Music Hall soon to be streaming in VR

Chat and sip. Beret optional.

Moderator: Ginny

Michele
Strange

Rockwood Music Hall soon to be streaming in VR

Postby Michele » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:48 am

In another life, Erik and I test VR apps, side by side. Rockwood Music Hall has announced that they are going to stream shows in VR. We're testing it right now. I can't wait to see Vienna sometime!

Scot
Tengster

Re: Rockwood Music Hall soon to be streaming in VR

Postby Scot » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:15 am

Wow- that sounds pretty crazy! Hope they keep the sound quality up with the visual!

scot
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

ErwinG
Howdy, Stranger!

Postby ErwinG » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:38 am

That sounds exciting. VR would be so great for this. Any fresh news on that front?

Michele
Strange

Postby Michele » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:36 pm

Endless Riff has been broadcasting a few Rockwood shows once in a while, but at the moment they're still only in one room.

Just last week, for the first time they broadcast from a different venue, using a webstream that another company was providing. The virtal venue was a generic venue that could be any place, instead of made to look like the actual theater for the real concert, and it had Halloween decorations. There were also Halloween themed avatars, but at one point everyone decided to change to Elvis, so that was fun.

The webstream worked great, so they could theoretically broadcast any event...but usage still seems very low. There are big corporate companies also building this sort of thing. In general, the slow adoption rate for VR is really hurting the tiny indie dev teams. We'll see what happens.

Return to “The Cafe”