Green Caravan Tour, Phase 0.75: "The Van Delivery"

How to be a music lover and a good citizen? Discuss.

Moderator: Vienna

Eric
Getting Stranger

Postby Eric » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:02 am

I'm going to pointedly not make a joke about echeng being a journalist "embedded" with the Green Caravan Tour and the fact that you can now embed video in the forum.

[youtube=425,350,mLAw2c6rdq0]Green Caravan Tour, Day 2[/youtube]
- Eric Miller: occasional forum admin, occasional webmaster -

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:18 am

Way to refrain there, Eric...hehe
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:31 am

After evaluating the last two video entries, I have to admit that I like Vienna's coat of many colors. I wonder if her siblings tried to sell her into Egypt......The Vienna Teng Technicolor dreamcoat, it even has a hood. I really like that. I was also fascinated to hear Mr. Cheng's voice for the first time. Like Vienna, he sounds like a television reporter also, it must be the whole Stanford graduate thing.

I was hoping to get more commentary on what they both thought of the cleanest little city in Utah, which happens to be Logan. At least it was very clean and orderly the last time I went through a few years back. It is like a step back in time. They needed to get their pictures taken in front of that Temple there like they were a couple. I would get a hoot out of that.

Anyway, I look forward to the next adventure...........
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Scot
Tengster

Postby Scot » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:16 am

Snow! And lots of gas stations. Thanks for the updates, Mr. Cheng and Ms. Teng!

scot
My little attempt at a Vienna Teng WWW page (Set lists, song info., and more...)

echeng
Hot Stranger

Postby echeng » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:00 am

I may not be able to post the third video until well into tomorrow. We're headed into Nebraska now, and apparently EV-DO doesn't work well in North Platte.
Eric H Cheng | http://echeng.com
(Note: Cheng. Not Miller! ;-) )

echeng
Hot Stranger

Postby echeng » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:03 am

Day 3: Logan, Utah to North Platte, Nebraska
http://echeng.com/journal/2007/03/30/gr ... our-day-3/

[youtube=425,350,xmFudRdwqgo]Green Caravan Tour, Day 3[/youtube]

Give it a few minutes to process before it becomes available.

We've just about reached the motel. G'night!
Eric H Cheng | http://echeng.com

(Note: Cheng. Not Miller! ;-) )

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:14 pm

Between the starting time and the snow/traffic it seems you chose a very good song for this one. :) Glad you made it safely. ~G
"I'm going crazy a little every day. Everything I wanted is now driving me away." ~Sheryl Crow (Home)

Laura
Warm Stranger

Postby Laura » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:37 pm

Somehow "I Don't Feel So Well" was absolutely perfect for that video! Seeing those snow-covered roads made my insides churn a little bit... the only thing I hate more than snow is driving in snow. *shudders

The bear is too cute.

CandaceC
Hot Stranger

Postby CandaceC » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:14 pm

I <3 Bear-sama. I've been harassing my boyfriend for a giant polar bear plush.

Thelonious can be friends wih my giant penguin plush. :D (They are all...cold related creatures after all.)

Vienna and Eric have my utmost admiration. I'd get all stir crazy in the car and want to kill people. Or something like that.

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:04 am

North Platte......you must go see Buffalo Bill Cody's Mansion there just like Jack Nicholson did in that movie of his. Very historical.
--the only adults who are never depressed: chuckleheads, California surfers, and fundamentalist Christians who believe they have had a personal encounter with Jesus and are saved once and for all. Would you trade your depression to become any of these?

Ginny
Tengster

Postby Ginny » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:49 am

I like that the Chairman's avatar made the video. hehe ~G

Ang Mo
Tengster

Postby Ang Mo » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:49 am

Watched the video. I love the fact that my Carver Avatar made the video. I can die now.......strike that....I have to see a person in Seattle first........

Now after absorbing a diet coke I noticed how lovely Vienna's friends house is. A year or two ago I kind of went off on houses of today and how they are designed. That house in the video is very cool. Notice how the garage is not attached and is back away behind the house. Notice the sidewalk how grass, perfectly manicured grows on both sides of it. The sidewalk is not merged with the curb and gutter. The house itself has style and great shrubbery around it giving it a classy, homey style feel to it. These are the kind of homes that developers should be building, but instead they fixate on the huge garage in the front, the ugly waterstained fence around it and a sidewalk that is merged with the curb and gutter in a cul-de-sac. Sorry about the rant, I just appreciated that house is all.

This trip is very exciting! Can't wait for more.

lordmorphy
Cool Stranger

Postby lordmorphy » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:52 am

Great videos! Thanks so much for letting us come on the ride.

Linda
Howdy, Stranger!

Thanks for the video!

Postby Linda » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:09 am

A mutual friend sent us a link to your video. Loved the singing trash can! Have fun, travel safe, and we'll hopefully see you soon. --Linda & Steve

rahau
Even Stranger

Postby rahau » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:10 am

Ang Mo wrote:These are the kind of homes that developers should be building, but instead they fixate on the huge garage in the front, the ugly waterstained fence around it and a sidewalk that is merged with the curb and gutter in a cul-de-sac.

I agree, Mr. Chairman. I'm liberal about most things, but not when it comes to architecture. In fact, I'm so conservative I'm almost reactionary, the Pat Buchanan of architecture. "My friends, it's a cultural war ..." :wink:

Back on topic: Thanks for the video diary, Mr. Cheng. For the most part, it looks like fun, but the scenes of snow piled on the highways stirred some not-so-nostalgic memories of winter in Pennsylvania. I hope the van came with either snow tires or chains. Drive carefully, now.

Return to “Green Caravan...and Beyond”