Acclaim for Aims
Wednesday, June 4, 2014
Aims has celebrated several notable milestones in the months since its release, including:
- Debuting at #4 on Billboard‘s Heatseekers Albums chart
- The video for “Level Up” is one of Kickstarter’s most funded music projects
- Inclusion in Best of 2013 lists by the NJ Star-Ledger, Glide Magazine, and the Huffington Post
- Numerous requests to adapt “The Hymn of Acxiom” for different formats, including an arrangement in the works by renowned choral composer Eric Whitacre, a performance by Vocal Art Ensemble of Sweden, inquiries in Brian (Hoot) Gibson’s arrangement for Coastal Sound Youth Choir, and included in this year’s program for The Bluecoats Drum and Bugle Corps
- As of this post, over 70,000 views of the “Level Up” video
- Winner in four categories of The 13th Independent Music Awards, the most any artist has received in a given year. A panel of distinguished judges voted on the awards, including Ann Wilson & Nancy Wilson of Heart, Suzanne Vega, G. Love, Judy Collins, Terry McBride (CEO of Nettwerk Music Group), and many more.
Aims – Adult Contemporary Album
“The Hymn of Acxiom” – A Cappella Song
“Level Up” – Pop Song
“Level Up” – Social Action Song
Online music fan voting for The 13th IMA Vox Pop Winners will be open until midnight, July 18.